84-85 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd gen pickups and 1st gen 4Runners with solid front axles

Knuckle Alignment Help

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2016, 12:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Knuckle Alignment Help

I an currently working on refreshing my 85 SR5 ExtraCab. I need some help with the knuckle bearing alignment. Currently have third member out and completely cleaned and don't have the toyota special tool to measure the thickness of the shims in the knuckle alignment. Anyone in the Sacramento area who has the tool or is willing to help me please email me.

I have owned this truck since college in 92 and am currently going through and refreshing the entire truck. Will post pics as I go through but upgrades are as follows.

New Windshield w/ Australian Rubber Gasket (too be installed soon) Sand and Repair Rust surrounding windshield

Tacoma brake booster, 4runner V6 Brake Master Cylinder and Calipers, Land Cruiser Rotors. LowRange Offroad Backing Plate Eliminators

Repair Rust in Firewall and Cab of truck

Energy Suspension Complete Bushing Kit

Convert AC system to R134

Repair Wiring Issues for Fuel Injectors

Repaint Entire Frame and Undercarriage as I work though truck Will paint truck this summer hopefully if I can find a place to do it and maybe some help.

Thanks

Sean
Old 03-03-2016, 02:48 PM
osv

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
if you kept the shim distribution separated like it was when it came from the factory, you shouldn't need to re-measure anything, just put it back together the same way that you took it apart.

not sure what wiring issues you are looking at for the injectors, but these trucks are notorious for having rusty flaking wire junctions in the middle of the engine harness, where the wires from the injectors were spliced, apparently after they left the factory.

the actual wiring is therefore slightly different from what's shown in the harness wiring diagram.

if you were going to do something like replace the injector connectors, be sure and look at the splices.