84-85 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd gen pickups and 1st gen 4Runners with solid front axles

86 Runner. Can you help?

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2009, 10:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
86 Runner. Can you help?

Ok so i know this isnt really the right place for this post. BUT i have had a iteams wanted post forever and no reply . and i know there are alot of people out there with a Add-a-leaf. Took me awhile to decide weather the add a leaf or body lift. but i really think i want to go with the add a leaf to level out the back. Also can someone tell me that has a body lift on a automatic runner how they did the linkage? or if you even did have to do it? I just started to do allllllllll kinds of stuff to my runner will post pics along the way.

Thank you for any of your help.
Old 11-02-2009, 10:32 AM
Contributing Member

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by justsobuff
Ok so i know this isnt really the right place for this post. BUT i have had a iteams wanted post forever and no reply . and i know there are alot of people out there with a Add-a-leaf. Took me awhile to decide weather the add a leaf or body lift. but i really think i want to go with the add a leaf to level out the back.
Lots of AALs out there, find one that is long and thin, it'll ride and flex better:
- http://www.4crawler.com/4x4/ForSale/...es.shtml#FAQ14

Also can someone tell me that has a body lift on a automatic runner how they did the linkage? or if you even did have to do it? I just started to do allllllllll kinds of stuff to my runner will post pics along the way.

Like this:
- http://www.4crawler.com/4x4/ForSale/...tomaticTranny1
Old 11-02-2009, 10:41 AM

i know there are aal's out there on the web for a decent price. i was hoping someone on here had a old one or one they didnt want so on and so on. a AAl isnt really what i have money sitting for this truck but if i could get one way cheap i could sneak it by the wife lol
Old 11-02-2009, 10:48 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by justsobuff
Ok so i know this isnt really the right place for this post. BUT i have had a iteams wanted post forever and no reply . and i know there are alot of people out there with a Add-a-leaf. Took me awhile to decide weather the add a leaf or body lift. but i really think i want to go with the add a leaf to level out the back. Also can someone tell me that has a body lift on a automatic runner how they did the linkage? or if you even did have to do it? I just started to do allllllllll kinds of stuff to my runner will post pics along the way.

An AAL is just a band-aid as those springs are sagging for a reason. An aal on shot springs will effect your ride and performance. Just go with a new spring pack from Alcan, they will custom build a spring pack to your desired lift and application: http://www.alcanspring.com/
Old 11-02-2009, 10:50 AM

whats that gonna be like 200$? i have heard alot of runner owners say you have to get the leveling kit?