Pre 84 Trucks 1st gen pickups

I just got a '82 pickup

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2009, 12:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So I just seafoam'd my truck, and there wasn't anywhere near as much smoke as the videos I've seen on the internet. I put 1/3 in fuel, 1/3 in oil and the rest through the carb.

Maybe used a vacuum line instead or maybe just used more through the engine? Anyone know?

I did make a video, not sure if I want to post it as my friend is like, singing in the background holding the camera, I probably will because it's funny as but I still haven't figured out a way to convert the videos from my cellphone to an internettable format (and I'm a computer programmer, ty fone, youtube doesn't convert it's 3g files proper).

She's getting an oil change now at the garage down the street ($22 CAD incl. oil & filter, which is approximately the same or less than I would spend doing it mysefl!)
Old 02-27-2009, 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by forbiddenera
She's getting an oil change now at the garage down the street ($22 CAD incl. oil & filter, which is approximately the same or less than I would spend doing it mysefl!)
The shop would not do the oil change.

They claimed my hood did not release. Which it does fine, and I showed them. Then they claimed that the hood was interfering with the metal behind it and wouldn't open properly. I said that's bull****. Then I bent all the interfering pieces out with a crow bar and said do the ****ing oil change. They said no, we're still not doing it. And I'm like WTF WHY?! They're like safety reasons. And I'm like, WHAT safety reasons? They're like we just don't wanna do it, and I'm like that's NOT a valid reason. And then they're like Well, we take responsibility for everything on the vehicle after we work on it and that things a piece of ****. And I'm like WHAT? I want to file a complaint or something. ****ing Meineke.

$20 oil change was indeed too good to be true.
Old 03-04-2009, 01:38 PM

So I did a change myself finally. Suuuuuuch an improvement. Before it seemed as though (just guessing numbers as I don't have a tach) I was only getting to power at 4500+RPM, now that's the top of my power curve, just basically had no power before.

Also, I bought brushes to rebuild the alternator. Then I went to take it out and the unit was unplugged. Alternator works fine. You should always examine things before you buy parts! Fortunately the brushes were only $4.

Also put in new plugs, plug wires and battery terminals, did the timing and adjusted the carb. Still needs some adjustments though.

I also rattle canned the truck, will be finishing (maybe) soon as I got another can of paint and I'll show the results.

This $100 truck is really quite amazing for what I paid, and in great shape considering it sat so long. I've already had 3 people offer to buy it. Pretty sure I'm going to fozzy weld the rear (though the snow IS melting lately it seems) and put a flat deck on it.
Old 03-04-2009, 01:55 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
hows the frame?? sas it down the road
Old 03-04-2009, 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by bigt
hows the frame?? sas it down the road
lol

The frame looks allright, definitely some surface rust but nothing serious that I've seen yet.

I doubt I'll SAS it, I'm going to SAS my '89 4Runner.

If this thing was a 4x4 it'd already be SAS'd anyway, so, 4x4 conversion VS SAS 4Runner..

This thing is pimp, for a beater, but, I love my runner.