Trip-Trail Reports & Photos Share trail reports and your digitized photos here

Knoxville CA 12/23

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2008, 10:20 AM
BMC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Knoxville CA 12/23

Well i went out to knoxville to mess around a little bit. I took it extremely easy because there was no sign of life for a good 20-30 miles. All my pictures are poser shots since i didn't try any of the harder trails because i was the only vehicle out there. My buddy was really tempting me but i just had to play it safe. I didnt want to spend christmas out there with him in the middle of nowhere.

On the way up passing lake berryessa

Mud skates

Some poser shots. Playing on the rocks

On the way out

This is the outcome of doing some doughnuts on the side of the road. Video is soon to come.

A little cove off of berryessa

Last edited by BMC; 12-29-2008 at 11:44 PM.
Old 12-26-2008, 04:29 PM

Received 120 Likes on 59 Posts
Nice shots man !! Looks like a nice mild day...

Old 12-26-2008, 05:06 PM

Nice, I've been wanting to go up there...next summer when I'm back in town I think I'm gunna head up there. What are the trails like? Is it just steep hill climbs or just dirt roads or what?

Nice 4runner btw...bumper is a modified allpro?
Old 12-26-2008, 08:58 PM
BMC

Originally Posted by 89silverpu
Nice, I've been wanting to go up there...next summer when I'm back in town I think I'm gunna head up there. What are the trails like? Is it just steep hill climbs or just dirt roads or what?

Nice 4runner btw...bumper is a modified allpro?
The main trails are really easy. Its basically just simple fire roads. I drove 98% of it in 2wd and it was extremely muddy. There were a few parts i put it in 4wd just to play it safe. Didn't want to slide off the road. The place is huge though. I think its 17,700 acres. It looked like it was real easy to get lost. Theres a bunch more technical trails off the main ones. These are more of the really steep rocky trails with tight scrachy brush.

If you head out there this summer let me know. I definitely want to go out there again with more people this time and try some of the harder trails.

Thanks for the comment. Yeah bumper is a modified allpro.
Old 12-27-2008, 12:39 PM

nice shots. i love your 1st gen!
Old 12-27-2008, 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by BMC
The main trails are really easy. Its basically just simple fire roads. I drove 98% of it in 2wd and it was extremely muddy. There were a few parts i put it in 4wd just to play it safe. Didn't want to slide off the road. The place is huge though. I think its 17,700 acres. It looked like it was real easy to get lost. Theres a bunch more technical trails off the main ones. These are more of the really steep rocky trails with tight scrachy brush.

If you head out there this summer let me know. I definitely want to go out there again with more people this time and try some of the harder trails.

Yeah will do...I'm lookin into getting the budbuilt crossmember like you have, did you get the single t case x member or did you get a dual case x member and only have one t case? I'm wanting to get the dual case one so I can already have the dual case one for when I get dual cases, but only run one t case in the mean time.

Basically what I'm asking is can you use the dual case x member with a single case?
Old 12-27-2008, 03:35 PM
BMC

Originally Posted by 99SR5
nice shots. i love your 1st gen!
Thanks

Basically what I'm asking is can you use the dual case x member with a single case?

Thats a good question. I honestly dont know. If i had to guess i would say no. I would think that the rear driveshaft would probably interfer with the cross member. I just have have my stock t case with the single cross member. Myabe give Bud a call, im sure he could answer that for u. Im just going to change the gears in my single case to 4.70 gear set here real shortly when i change out my clutch. Maybe someday ill do dual cases.
Old 12-27-2008, 05:19 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by BMC

Great lookin Rig! Not to go off topic, but where did you get your Hilift mounts???
Old 12-27-2008, 05:56 PM
BMC

Originally Posted by OremTacoNut
Great lookin Rig! Not to go off topic, but where did you get your Hilift mounts???
Thanks. They are from fourtreks. www.fourtreks.com
Old 12-27-2008, 06:06 PM
Contributing Member

PM next time you want to head up that way.. I'm in Suisun. I've been up there once for a clean up but picked up shotgun shells all day instead of wheeling.
Old 12-27-2008, 06:46 PM
BMC

Originally Posted by UKMyers
PM next time you want to head up that way.. I'm in Suisun. I've been up there once for a clean up but picked up shotgun shells all day instead of wheeling.
Yeah definitely.

Im thinking about heading up to prairie city on friday 1/2/09 to mess around a little bit. Then possibily heading up 50 for a little snow wheelin. Ive never wheeld in snow before. Any good places u can recomend off of 50. I seen your theard from your trip to icehouse Rd. That looks like fun but might be a little too deep for 31's. If you want to get into something late this week or next weekend let me know.
Old 12-28-2008, 05:37 AM

Looks like you have some really good flex for ifs
Old 12-28-2008, 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by BMC
Yeah definitely.

Im thinking about heading up to prairie city on friday 1/2/09 to mess around a little bit. Then possibily heading up 50 for a little snow wheelin. Ive never wheeld in snow before. Any good places u can recomend off of 50. I seen your theard from your trip to icehouse Rd. That looks like fun but might be a little too deep for 31's. If you want to get into something late this week or next weekend let me know.
Prarie city is fun for what it is...If you're into mudding it would be alot of fun! But make sure you know what you're about to go through before you go through it it gets thick real quick!

And you me and UKmeyers should meet up at knoxville sometime next summer, Joey's a good guy and his 4runner is a beast!
Old 12-28-2008, 09:18 PM
BMC

Originally Posted by yotakid825
Looks like you have some really good flex for ifs
Thanks. Yeah its not bad.

Prarie city is fun for what it is...If you're into mudding it would be alot of fun! But make sure you know what you're about to go through before you go through it it gets thick real quick!

And you me and UKmeyers should meet up at knoxville sometime next summer, Joey's a good guy and his 4runner is a beast!
Yeah i know its not the best place to go wheelin but its really close and a lot funner than sitting on the couch all day. As far as the mud goes, i dont drive through that deep crap no more. Just too much to clean up. I just cleaned my truck from knoxville last week, what a mess. Should of ran my mud flaps.

Yeah i would definitely be down for a knoxville run this summer. I met Joey at Pismo a few months back and seen his rig. Hell of a nice 4 runner.
Old 12-28-2008, 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by UKMyers

i wish people would stop trashing our riding areas

BMC: nice rig and photos, thats some serious IFS flex u have there