Trip-Trail Reports & Photos Share trail reports and your digitized photos here

Cleghorn 2-24-08

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2008, 12:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cleghorn 2-24-08

A few buddies and I decided to head up to Cleghorn for the day... Was a pretty good run. My girlfriend and I in my truck, a few buddies in a 93 4runner (SoCalWheeler71 and Salad_Man), and a few buddies in a Bronco II... Came across another Bronco II along the way (Dark gray/red one). I ended up losing the bead on my front driver-side tire when I climbed up on a big boulder for a poser shot... Go figure... Other than that, wasn't bad. Up at the peak it got VERY foggy, and had some deep snow (up to 3-4 feet at some points), although the trail seemed to have been plowed. As others that have run Cleghorn, awesome view... Anyways, onto the pics...

Old 02-26-2008, 10:24 AM

wow looks like fun, did you guys camp up there?, not sure if I already asked you, but how hard was it to get the 4runner lights in there?
Old 02-26-2008, 11:12 PM

wish i was there

sounds like you guys had a blast . that day my bro and me and family went to angelus oaks trail and spent over 3hrs digging ourselfs out of a 4ft snow rut. we are now planning a cleghorn run for saturday march 8th,hopefully? we've never been there so it should be cool. any tips for cleghorn ?
Old 02-27-2008, 12:33 AM

No camping this trip... Just was bored at the girlfriends house, and a buddy called me up, so I was like hey you wanna go hit cleghorn?

The 4runner lights fit good, but the mounting isn't that great. I just have them on some brackets I made, which leaves them non-adjustable. Haven't really figured a good way to make them adjustable.

Cleghorn is easy, the hill where the bronco is climbing is an optional play area, a locker really is required to do the two hill climbs on the left, the ones to the right aren't too bad. Other than that, the rest of the trail is easy if you take the bypasses, without the bypass it is moderate, but easily done in a stock 4x4 open diff yota. The 93 4runner with us was stock with open diffs. Im locked in the rear, so it was cake for me. You end up coming to a fire access road, that takes you into silverwood. From there I like to go to silverwood loop, which is a fairly technical trail that pretty much requires a rear locker, but can be done with open diffs and a good driver.

Last edited by MorphiasX; 02-27-2008 at 12:34 AM.