Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Toyota Bait Truck.... LOL

Old 08-17-2017, 09:53 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Just like that!
Old 08-26-2017, 02:47 PM

Wiring sux

Threw the ole girl in 4wd today and........nuthin! Crawled under and had a quick look. I've been wondering why the squirrels have been hanging out around my truck. They've eaten the harness on top of the tranny. It's not enough that the eat over 1000 avacados each spring off my tree, or ruining every papaya and mango, they're eating my truck. I've had enough. I have several small game traps and as soon as I trap the first, I'll hang him on the fence as a warning to the others. God I miss my dog!
Old 08-27-2017, 06:37 AM
Fossilized
Staff

Received 448 Likes on 293 Posts
that sucks,
Old 08-27-2017, 09:09 AM

Received 196 Likes on 137 Posts
Tony I have this part of the harness that goes from diff actuator up, you are welcome to have it.

Old 08-27-2017, 10:03 AM

Thanks Cory. I'll mess with it this week and let you know. I've got the 90 here so maybe some of that will swap over
Old 08-27-2017, 04:33 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Nice work on the interior, turned out really good, I like how the center console swapped over too! The roof rack swap looks sweet, I need to do that!
Old 08-27-2017, 05:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
.22 break barrel air gun with scope will take care of those varmints.
Old 08-28-2017, 01:40 PM

Thanks Eddie!

And ehatch, I've got a Ruger charger with a green dot site but my wife won't let me. If it was up to me I'd use a scatter gun with some bird shot lol
Old 08-28-2017, 09:13 PM

Received 664 Likes on 456 Posts
Originally Posted by flg8r22
...This way we could gauge who to run against when we got to the raceway. There's no way a guy with a V8 wouldn't show his butt when a Jap truck pulled up next to him haha. Made us a bunch of money... ... lobster season down here in the Florida Keys. ...All the Lion fish and Conch fritters you can eat. Oh yea, beer too!
Good deal! LOL on bait truck

...they're eating my truck. I've had enough. I have several small game traps and as soon as I trap the first, I'll hang him on the fence as a warning to the others...
Sux about the wiring but LOL on eating the truck and hanging them. On the highway between TX and NM last Christmas I saw a few coyotes hanging on their bellies on the barbed wire fence as if they got snagged as they jumped over the fence. Could be the doings of farmers/ranchers who caught them?
Old 08-29-2017, 07:07 AM

Originally Posted by RAD4Runner
Good deal! LOL on bait truck

Sux about the wiring but LOL on eating the truck and hanging them. On the highway between TX and NM last Christmas I saw a few coyotes hanging on their bellies on the barbed wire fence as if they got snagged as they jumped over the fence. Could be the doings of farmers/ranchers who caught them?
Ray that's definitely a possibility on the coyotes. I'd hate to have to eat one of those, but whatever I kill I'll eat. Not sure what wild dog would taste like But I'm thinking the squirrels will make a couple good tacos. Here's the damage they did. Still not sure how to make this repair without lowering the trans

Old 08-29-2017, 08:19 AM
Fossilized
Staff

Received 448 Likes on 293 Posts
Ray that's definitely a possibility on the coyotes. I'd hate to have to eat one of those, but whatever I kill I'll eat. Not sure what wild dog would taste like But I'm thinking the
it actually doesn't taste that bad. had some on an overseas deployment
Old 08-30-2017, 01:55 PM

I guess I'd try anything with some hot sauce 😂
Old 09-01-2017, 05:38 PM

I was actually able to make a wiring repair today. This is a big step for me lol. I repaired all the squirrel eaten wiring for the trans harness. It's a 4x4 again. I just need to solder, shrink tube, and then put the new cover on. I'm going to mount the repair on the trans tunnel on the driver side in hopes to prevent this happening again.

I also found i need need to adjust the shifter linkage a bit, so that'll get done tomorrow as well.

Btw, only one squirrel was fatally injured in the making of this repair.

Its been raining for hours here. Before it started
Old 09-01-2017, 06:25 PM

You're going to get a mixed response on soldering the wires. A lot of people will say never to do it on a vehicle because things "move" too much and it can crack and break the connection. I find those people are usually the ones that just love the ease and simplicity of squeezing butt splices and probably other things involving butts. I hate them, but rarely care enough to bust out the soldering kit. An old hot rodder showed me a little trick and that's pretty much how I make all of my connections now. Just fyi, I'm a huge fan of heat shrink, and do each wire individually as well as the bundle with a wider tube of it. I buy the little variety packs and occasionally even the colored versions to keep things organized. First off, if you haven't dropped the $25 on the fancy strippers that do everything in one step, you're missing out. I've dropped a lot more money than that on other "strippers" ....wink wink...and have never been as satisfied as I am with my Klein's. I put the heat shrink on first (always feel like a dope when I forget that step) and strip both wires a half inch back. Before twisting the loose ends, divide the loose stands somewhat evenly separate them into a "Y". Strip and separate the other wire You're joining to into a similar "Y". Put the crotches of the two wires together and twist one side of the Y on wire A to one side of the Y on wire B. Do the same for the other 1/2 of the Y's and then twist the two sides together and lay that "bump" aka double twisted end against the wire and pull the heat shrink over it. (i always twist clockwise). I've never had a joint like this break or short out on me and will even use it sometimes on home electrical if I don't have wire nuts. Sorry I don't have pictures of this...camera on my phone is busted.

Last edited by joelsmithdesigns; 09-01-2017 at 06:28 PM.
Old 09-01-2017, 06:41 PM

Thanks Joel. 👍

When I'm I told my wife I ordered a stripper from amazon yesterday she said, "let me know how that works out for you" haha

i really just got these instead
Old 09-01-2017, 07:22 PM

It was everything I could do to not say "now put the crotches of those "Y'"s together like two lesbians scissoring"
Old 09-02-2017, 02:21 AM

Thanks Eddie!

And ehatch, I've got a Ruger charger with a green dot site but my wife won't let me. If it was up to me I'd use a scatter gun with some bird shot lol
I have a ruger impact, so quiet the wife wouldn't know i shot the little bastards. Cheap little air gun but so far i can shoot quarters with the iron sights from about 20 yards. The scope it came with is garbage and falls off after about 50 shots.
Old 09-04-2017, 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by 92ehatch
I have a ruger impact, so quiet the wife wouldn't know i shot the little bastards. Cheap little air gun but so far i can shoot quarters with the iron sights from about 20 yards. The scope it came with is garbage and falls off after about 50 shots.

Got the 2nd gen roof rack permanently installed yesterday. I don't plan on throwing and real weight up there as the fiberglass has no structural support except the slight positive crown in it. Just some camping gear and maybe a canopy. My kayak is around 70 lbs and that will be about it. Finally getting some smaller projects completed. My first use will either be hurricane Irma, or a camp trip to the Ocala National Forest in October with my grandson.
Old 09-05-2017, 04:49 AM

Received 196 Likes on 137 Posts
Tony - roof rack looks good, and man that 89 shines up really nice. Speaking of Hurricane Irma, not looking good for South FL right now, just went up to a cat 5 and we are in the cone, hoping this one misses us!