GPS & Communication Discussions here pertain to the use and troubleshooting of GPS, CB radio, and amateur radio

New CB and RD

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2009, 02:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New CB and RD

Found a couple goodies on CL for pretty cheap
The Radar Detectors a Cobra XRS 9930 i added another 12v outlet down by the pedals and ran the power cord up trough the dash and out the defrost holes by the windshield it was a pain but it looks a lot cleaner and theres no wire hanging out by the dash...
The CB is some 10 yr old Uniden and it came w/ a radio shack magnet mount antenna thats bout 27 inches long. It had some sketch wiring that eventually turned into a cigarette lighter plug but i hacked all that off and wired it along with the RD to a 30 amp mini fuse and then straight to the battery both are grounded to the same point on the body right below the new 12v outlet...
Next i wanna get a inverter of some kind along with the endless list of other good stuff i gotta do. on to the pics.. lemme know what you think

oh ya also put a switch in hidden under the cb that controls the power antenna
Old 07-22-2009, 08:10 AM

wow 13 views and now feedback come on guys this is my 1st electrical job rip into it cuz i know i musta done somethin wrong
Old 07-22-2009, 08:30 AM
Contributing Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
looks clean cant go wrong with uniden
Old 07-22-2009, 08:46 AM

sweet thats good to know ive already had a lot of fun with it my only concern was wether both the RD and CB going into the same wire that leads to the battery but its 12 gauge so i thought that should be sufficient
Old 07-23-2009, 11:46 PM

holy crap a pc33! that's the first cb i ever owned like 20+ years ago! EASY to tune and work on, and can put out excellent modulation.

i kinda like uniden (although many of the big boys run cobra, ranger, and galaxy) - i'm using a tuned PC122 for my comp rig. over 10 years and no problems.