GPS & Communication Discussions here pertain to the use and troubleshooting of GPS, CB radio, and amateur radio

Magellen Roadmate 760

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2009, 11:30 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Magellen Roadmate 760

I bought the GPS in the title yesterday for 50$ figuring I could at least use it for long trips to the lake and such. Well I'll need to grab a USB cable so I can plug it into my computer and order updates, I also need to find out what goes in that big slot on the side......

So do any of you have any experience with the 760 or Magellen in general?

Last edited by Junkers88; 08-20-2009 at 12:40 PM.
Old 08-30-2009, 10:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
got it a couple of years ago, couple of things i noticed is that:

it takes a while, sometimes 5-10 minutes to locate itself. sometimes you arrive at your destination before it finds itself and a route.

i do like that if you miss a turn, it recalculates and gives you new directions right away. our new Garmin doesn't really do that very well.

it lasted about three years before it just totally quit working. unfortunately, it quit working on the freeway in the middle of nowhere, so that was pretty unfortunate.

luckily i switched over to my phone's GPS, and even though it lacked turn by turn directions, the map view got us back to the hotel room.

bottom line, for $50 it's hard to go wrong - it was pretty good back when it first came out (when we got it, we paid a lot more than $50). it served us well until it finally went dead.