Vehicle Audio & Home Entertainment Discussions here pertain to vehicle stereo systems and home entertainment systems

Trying to install radio with broken/missing parts

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2017, 08:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Trying to install radio with broken/missing parts

Hey guys, I've done some research in order to replace the radio bezel and the panel under that on my "86 pu, since I'm getting tired of the Bluetooth speaker sitting on my dash. As you can see in the picture, the big plastic piece under it is broken, and the bezel is missing and the wiring is a mess but that's a bridge I'll cross when I come to it. I don't want to spend 40 bucks on a new bezel on ebay or parts sites and there aren't any in my area. any alternative radio mounting ideas? Thanks guys
Attached Thumbnails Trying to install radio with broken/missing parts-yotainterior.jpg   Trying to install radio with broken/missing parts-yotainterior2.jpg  

Last edited by zgray99; 02-16-2017 at 09:10 PM.
Old 02-16-2017, 10:19 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I say just stick a radio in there and wire it up. If you want some new trim, hit up a local junk yard. There are a dozen similar models with the same trim as yours. I went to a good local yard when I needed radio bracts for mine and the girl up front told me there were none to be had. I knew the owner and when he got there, we rode around for five minutes and found over 20 trucks with that same setup. I got the radio, brackets, trim and all for $20.
Old 02-17-2017, 09:19 PM

Received 554 Likes on 452 Posts
The broke section is the ashtray divider, not really needed. Radio dimensions are standardized any one or two din will mount up in there, worst case you can use hardware store "ground strap" and bridge the gap between the screw holes while you're waiting for something to become available..
Old 02-18-2017, 08:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ok thanks for your help guys, ill try a few more junkyards in the area and see what I come up with