Vehicle Audio & Home Entertainment Discussions here pertain to vehicle stereo systems and home entertainment systems

Simple BlueTooth Audio in Vehicle Setup (no head unit)

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2014, 11:07 AM

Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts
Simple BlueTooth Audio in Vehicle Setup (no head unit)

Hey guys,

I am trying to create a way to have radio/music in my truck with out the added bonus of giving people a reason to break into/steal my truck. It was stolen last year so needless to say, i have a cleannn slate to start with here. So I spent some time thinking about this and here is what I came up with.

Parts List:

Kenwood KFC-1065S Speaker x2 - 4 ohm, 2-21 Watt RMS

Fuse Box 4 Blade Fuse Box 4 Blade

Bluetooth Audio Receiver - HomeSpot Bluetooth Audio Receiver - HomeSpot

Crappy Pyle Amp Crappy Pyle Amp
- I was originally looking at this, but am now realizing this wont be enough to power the speakers properly. Cheap Suggestions?

Things to note:

I am not looking to play music really loud or get any sort of extra performance than you would expect from the truck stock. Just want to really listen to the game on the way home from work and be able to play music on road trips.

I dont want a head unit. My plan is to play all my music from my cellphone over bluetooth to all of this mounted somewhere in the dash or under the bench if it has to be because of space.

My plan is to just put some plastic plate over the din area that used to hold the radio, and just cut holes for toggle switches there. One would be used to turn this all on/off.

What do you guys think? Im sure someone will have a better idea than I about all of this, i never work with audio or stereo equipment so this is all new to me. I just put this together in my head and tried to find parts to make it work the way i think it could possibly!

Thanks for taking a look!
Old 12-25-2015, 09:13 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I know this is an older thread, just curious if you (or anyone else) ever implemented this (or simliar ideas) in your truck? I'm looking to do something similar, I want to use my Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 tablet in place of a head unit, just looking for ideas, thanks.

◆◆Edit◆◆ I was looking online and came across this Kenwood bluetooth amplifier, it was marine grade, so it was water resistant, anyway, I was just thinking if you were to use an amp with bluetooth, then you could probably eliminate the Bluetooth receiver and simplify the system a little. I'd probably still use the 12v usb converter to keep my cellphone or tablet charged. I'm no electronics expert, just something I was looking into.

Kenwood KAC-M1824BTW 4 channel amp:
https://jet.com/product/detail/ec299...QoQRoC4Hjw_wcB

Panel Mounted 4.2 Amp Dual USB Charging Jack:
http://www.mypilotstore.com/MyPilotS...ojlxoCi8_w_wcB

Last edited by rustED; 12-26-2015 at 06:42 PM.