Vehicle Audio & Home Entertainment Discussions here pertain to vehicle stereo systems and home entertainment systems

OEM NAV is in. Pics inside.

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2005, 02:42 PM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by calrockx
i kinda don't see why more people are hyped up about this. when i first saw the toyota one, i thought it was god's gift to nav systems, my only grip was no mp3 capability. this eclipse one does everything the toyota one does, plus not only plays mp3s but has hard drive to store 20GB worth. the dvd playing is neat, but i doubt i'd use that much. that's the perfect unit for my needs.

i assume if it's made to fit double-din slots, it wouldn't have any fitment issues.
this heat issue is something i'll watch, i hope it's not a significant issue.
Not hyped cause it has not been out that long to the public. He said it's been out for two months at least cause thats when that shop installed it in that Scion in my previous posts. Maybe there really is an issue and Eclipse is not pushing the market for the 5494. Your guesses are as good as mine at this point. I am just glad there is an honest guy around that warned me to hold off on purchasing it.
I doubt fit would be a problem. If it is, make it fit like I did. I'm not really caring much for any storage space. Just seems to get cluttered up quickly.
Like my DigiCam, I don't delete all the pics and they build up.
I just really wanted 5 volts in the first place.
The person who decided to give the AVN2454 ~1 volt should be shot.
The newer one also has some pretty nice security features.
From what I see, there is tooooo much packed into such a tight space for it's own good.

I am still debating on what to do with this OEM NAV. Sell, give to G/F who has a Ford now. Keep it and buy some other equipment to help clean up and boost the signal.

If someone decides to buy this before there is any more info on the net or from that shop, MAKE SURE to check out the warranty info, just in case there is a legit problem and you decide to install it yourself. I have to work out how this info anyway just in case I get buzzed and decide to go on a shopping spree.

...Rant...The unit I have is almost paid off since the PayPal fiasco has never been resolved. I just let them, and eBay since they are the same company, "cancel" my account till I put back in the $1575, which I already paid to OEMvalue.
Ebay is too big for it's britches now anyway. Too many people on it drive prices up so high now. Overstock and Epier are my next two options.

EDIT: CAL, you can always slap another fan in there somewhere to help with airflow. I plan on doing this one weekend if I can get all the right stuff I want together. Heat is not an issue with mine as far as I know, but that white box has to be impeding the airflow behind and through the unit.

Last edited by 4-RUNNIN' FREAK; 04-05-2005 at 02:48 PM.
Old 04-05-2005, 02:53 PM
Contributing Member

$50 S&H. And this is for the model just under the 5495.
$1,399 and the reserve has not been met.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...spagename=WDVW
Old 04-05-2005, 07:48 PM

Eclipse 2454

IMO, the whole ~1volt thing in the Eclipse 2454 isn't really even an issue. I've owned the 2454 for about a year now, I barely noticed the difference in voltage when I went from a Eclipse 7201 (5volt) to the 2454. Since then I've reconnected my Zapco SLBs and I now have 12volt BALANCED inputs to my amps. So it's an easy fix if the ~1volt thing really bothers anyone.

And yes the headunit does get hot, but again not an issue IMO. My friends Alpine gets just as hot, the difference is his will sometimes shutdown cause of the heat.

I really do wish I had the maintenance reminders the OEM nav has tho. I don't get why Eclipse didn't leave that feature in.
Old 04-06-2005, 10:06 AM
Contributing Member

Received 45 Likes on 35 Posts
What is a good price for an Eclipse 5435? I have a line on a brand new in the box model and may buy it if the price is right.

Andreas
Old 04-07-2005, 03:57 AM
Contributing Member

I think I said it was $1,700 earlier. I'm not sure if it was $1,600 or $1,700.
I just know the 5495 is $2,000 or more.
Prices should come down more soon.
Old 04-07-2005, 03:59 AM
Contributing Member

Thank you. The price I have found is $1700, shipped. I wish these were easier to find!

Andreas
Old 04-10-2005, 04:10 AM
Contributing Member

Guys,
I'm close to pulling the trigger on a new-in-box Eclipse 5435. Any other thoughts on its primary use as a daily NAV device?

Andreas
Old 04-10-2005, 08:56 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by aowRS
Guys,
I'm close to pulling the trigger on a new-in-box Eclipse 5435. Any other thoughts on its primary use as a daily NAV device?

Andreas
I just say dive in and buy it, MAKE SURE to buy from a place that will offer a warranty though. It doesn't hurt to try, and if something goes wrong, just turn it in. Eclipse is a nice brand, I doubt they will put something out that will malfunction. The heat issue is most likly from the hard drive in the 5495.

I went to that shop yesterday to check out some amps for the front stage.
I asked about the HU's and he has no more in stock. People are buying them and selling them on eBay he said because they are a pretty "hot" (in more ways than one) item right now.

Looks like I will keep my OEM NAV and save money and wait for maybe the next model year, or buy one of these at a reduced price next year.

I read one site where a person said they paid or the dealer was asking $2,600 for the 5495.

I hooked up the Morels to a 400x2 rms amp I use for my subs, and they sound great. I doubt I really "need" the 5 volts now. Just something I really want though, and the EQ on the Eclipse.
I just turned the gain down all the way from the little bit it was turned up and the Morels were just great.

Last edited by 4-RUNNIN' FREAK; 04-10-2005 at 08:58 AM.
Old 04-11-2005, 03:50 AM
Contributing Member

4RF,
I am still considering the 5435, new in box, for somewhere around $1600. But it does not come with a warranty. Do you, or anyone else know of any online sources for the units?

I don't quite understand why they are so difficult to find. I've called just about every place I can think of around here. If they can get it, the price is well over 2k.

Andreas
Old 04-11-2005, 09:48 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by aowRS
4RF,
I am still considering the 5435, new in box, for somewhere around $1600. But it does not come with a warranty. Do you, or anyone else know of any online sources for the units?

I don't quite understand why they are so difficult to find. I've called just about every place I can think of around here. If they can get it, the price is well over 2k.

Andreas
I would not touch one without some sort of warranty.
The only source I know has/had/can get them is Soundsation in Staten Island.
This is gonna be huge for markup scammers on eBay until the demand dies down.
Over $2,000 and you should be getting the 5495 not the 5435.

I can just imagine if I had one. I'd be paranoid someone would break in to steal it. At least the Honda crowd here won't be wanting a radio that says "Toyota" when it powers up. (Been a huge surge in Honda thefts in the last 3 weeks around here.)
Old 04-23-2005, 06:09 PM
Contributing Member

We just sold three (3) Solara Navigation Systems, however we are very happy to say that we will have three (3) more Toyota Solara and three more (3) Toyota Camry Navigation Systems in stock late this week / early next week! Please keep checking back here for availability. Units will be sold on a first come, first serve basis.

From www.oemvalue.com
Old 06-16-2005, 11:55 PM

dude, i thoguth my 4runner had nice mods, and nice audio.....but i have to say your ÅÅÅÅ is bad ass. good job!!!
Old 06-17-2005, 04:41 AM
Contributing Member

Thanks. Finally a compliment for all the "sphere smashing" my truck put me through.

To be honest, the only part I really like about my audio is the OEM NAV and the Morel components up front.

I may be looking into some Dynaudios in the near future to replace the Morels up front or put them in the rear. I'll have to do some experimenting though.
Old 06-17-2005, 11:22 AM

does this have 3 pre amp outputs?
Old 06-18-2005, 09:25 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by yongxing
does this have 3 pre amp outputs?
Actually is has none. I run it from line level to RCA converters, so I have two.

But it's a stock radio, so no pre-outs.
Old 06-29-2005, 05:37 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Freak.. Did you get the Voice Command, Backup Cam, XM link, or that coasttech box that allows an IPOD or external DVD player yet?
Old 06-29-2005, 01:51 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by rearviewmirror
Freak.. Did you get the Voice Command, Backup Cam, XM link, or that coasttech box that allows an IPOD or external DVD player yet?

Negative.

I still never hooked up the speed and reverse wires. Just not in much of a mood or capable to dig the truck apart in this heat.
My right arm is out of commission for the last 7 weeks.

EDIT: I have been looking into Sirius and and an Ipod type unit made by IRiver.

I have not found anything that suits me yet with the Sirius, plus I need to get up $500 for the one time subscription. That money can buy more fun stuff than a subscription.

Last edited by 4-RUNNIN' FREAK; 06-29-2005 at 01:53 PM.
Old 07-08-2005, 09:26 PM

the hard bottom display at night, I notice a green cast, my rav4 has an amber "orange" glow. Can this device be set to display the hard buttons in that same amber/orange color to match my dash, etc?
Old 07-08-2005, 11:30 PM

also the Voice Command feature. Does that work well? you can actually talk to your system? Does any other people like eclispe, etc offer such a thing?
Old 07-09-2005, 01:04 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by proudx
the hard bottom display at night, I notice a green cast, my rav4 has an amber "orange" glow. Can this device be set to display the hard buttons in that same amber/orange color to match my dash, etc?
There are supposedly two "models" from www.oemvalue.com from what I read on the net. One made by Denso, which I have, and one (supposedly) made by Fujitsu Ten, makers of Eclipse. The units are pretty close to the Eclipse units.

I have yet to see a pic of the "other" unit, but mine only lights up green.

Quick Reply: OEM NAV is in. Pics inside.