Site Feedback Please use this forum to provide feedback, suggestions on the site

Temporary bans?

Old 06-30-2006, 02:37 AM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Temporary bans?

Is there such a thing? I'm only asking because i've seen a couple good members now that have provided an insurmountable wealth of information to the forum and then get banned years later for making a mistake. If somebody breaks a forum rule and gets banned without warning, isn't it fesiable to give them a temporary ban or a second chance so to speak? I look at this like going to jail or prison...some people do learn from their mistakes. We all are guilty of them but thats what makes us as an individual a better and unique human being.

A lot of us look up to, respect, and learn from other YT members. If one of those members is banned, then why not let everyone know exactly why? Why keep it like a secret?
If the decsion is made to ban, then can it be made public so that other members (new and old) know what took place and possibly learn from it? r0cky and ftoy#36 are two ex-members that i'm "questioning". I am not posting this for argument or pleading for their return. I sincerly appreciate everything this forum is about and all of the staff. I just want to understand why anyone shouldn't be given a 2nd chance?
IMHO i think it would be fair to give a 30~ day ban if one makes a banable offense....and if it happens again, then make it permanent.
Do i have too much compassion?
Old 06-30-2006, 03:37 AM
Co-Founder/Administrator
Staff

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
Rocket, most here who do something requiring a ban do get a temp ban.
The server does not add "Temp Ban" to the moniker, it only knows to put down "Banned" for the moniker.

Now if you are referring to a member the other day who got banned, he asked to be banned.
He was warned about using a racial slur here, and that his account was in jeopardy, and his reply was to just go ahead and delete his account.

When someone asks to have that drastic of a measure taken, they must not want to have been here in the first place.

But yes, many here have received a 30 day temp ban and at the end of 30 days they are posting again.

As far as putting up why they were banned/temp banned, we do not like to air dirty laundry here and turn this into a Jerry Springer circus.
That is not what we are about here.

To be honest with you, it is very hard here to get banned unless someone is really asking for it, or they simply do not care about their account and want to take action to prevent it.