Site Feedback Please use this forum to provide feedback, suggestions on the site

is the site being slow or is it just me

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2009, 10:33 AM

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by seanmearse
You mean a terrorist act. Aterrorist threat would be someone saying they are going to do it. Like hostile did, thats why it has me thinking its him.
Yes thank you I stand corrected.
Old 11-19-2009, 10:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Corey, didnt he say something about not being able to track him using some program or set up. Im no computer guru, so i cant remember exactly what he called it.
Old 11-19-2009, 10:35 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
its far from actual terror, you could make it sound scary but how does a yt dos attack actually compare to somebody blowing up building full of people?

i just think it should be called something else :l
Old 11-19-2009, 10:36 AM

virtual violence?
Old 11-19-2009, 10:38 AM
User Requested Ban

do you know what it takes to DOS a server ?

MULTIPLE COMPUTERS chained together and using multiple proxy servers (ones you took over via a trojan) to relay your ip and bounce it from multiple states, if you're good it can do multiple countries.

If that isn't pre-meditated and highly organized to just bring a server down...

our other alternative to 'terror' is 'bothering people' ?
Old 11-19-2009, 10:39 AM

then most video games would be a "terrorist act" lol
Old 11-19-2009, 10:39 AM

What is dos a server?
Old 11-19-2009, 10:42 AM
User Requested Ban

denial of service attack on a server .....

imagine a server can handle 1000 people scanning it and asking for information (pages) to view and threads.....

what someone does is multiplies those requests by 10,000 and it basically maxes out the hardware specs on the server and it completely shuts down.

Imagine it as opening up a website and you kept getting a pop up ad, and they never stop and your computer gets slower as they open up until you have no choice but to unplug the computer or it crashes by itself.
Old 11-19-2009, 10:43 AM
User Requested Ban

There are more hazardous DOS attacks that can fry the hardware itself, if you attack it enough so it overheats and locked the chips.... after you replace the bios' while attacking.
Old 11-19-2009, 10:45 AM

and it causes complete terror!

lol sorry i had to
Old 11-19-2009, 10:47 AM
User Requested Ban

You're destroying property and invading private webspace.

What isn't illegal about that?
Old 11-19-2009, 10:49 AM

Computers suck. just attach a sgm and when they attack the missile is fired at their house. alright ya'll, off to work. Good luck catching these idiots.
Old 11-19-2009, 10:49 AM

lol i never said it wasn't illegal man, and they should be punished.

it just doesn't come off as terror to me.
Old 11-19-2009, 10:52 AM
User Requested Ban

just depends on your personal level of scared than.

dos a bank server?

break into your home?

all can cause terror.

they could have your ip address and personal information already from crashing into the YT server (which also has multiple other websites on, like audiforum.com), if that was their intent. that to me is enough to define terrorism.
Old 11-19-2009, 10:54 AM

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by theAuthority
just depends on your personal level of scared than.

dos a bank server?

break into your home?

all can cause terror.

they could have your ip address and personal information already from crashing into the YT server (which also has multiple other websites on, like audiforum.com), if that was their intent. that to me is enough to define terrorism.

Rightly said!!!
Old 11-19-2009, 11:02 AM

drug dealers bank robbers drunk drivers upon many others are way more of a form of "terrorism" than the things you described, and there not considered terrorism.

so why should a dos attack be?

i mean it probably is, corey said it was, and im sure he knows about these things.

yea my level of scared must be different from yours, becouse i see no act of terrorism in a dos attack against yt lol..

but as gnarls would say, tjmwo
Old 11-19-2009, 12:08 PM
User Requested Ban

bank robbers who go across state lines are domestic terrorists,

terrorism itself isn't a good word to put it, but it is the definition of the word.

you argument isn't with right and wrong ... it's with the english language.

Here is the website for merriam webster .. to let them know want their definition revised to be more precise.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/info/contact.htm
Old 11-19-2009, 12:13 PM
User Requested Ban

Here is an excerpt from the FBI on their definition of Domestic Terrorism.

FBI POLICY

AND

GUIDELINES

In accordance with U.S. counterterrorism policy, the FBI considers terrorists to be criminals. FBI efforts in countering terrorist threats are multifaceted.

Information obtained through FBI investigations is analyzed and used to prevent terrorist activity and, whenever possible, to effect the arrest and prosecution of potential perpetrators. FBI investigations are initiated in accordance with the following guidelines:

Domestic terrorism investigations are conducted in accordance with The Attorney General's Guidelines on General Crimes, Racketeering Enterprise, and Domestic Security/Terrorism Investigations. These guidelines set forth the predication threshold and limits for investigations of U.S. persons who reside in the United States, who are not acting on behalf of a foreign power, and who may be conducting criminal activities in support of terrorist objectives.
Definitions

There is no single definition of terrorism. The FBI defines terrorism as, "the unlawful use of force or violence against persons or property to intimidate or coerce a Government, the civilian population, or any segment thereof, in furtherance of political or social objectives."

The FBI further describes terrorism as either domestic or international, depending on the origin, base, and objectives of the terrorist organization.

Domestic terrorism involves groups or individuals who are based and operate entirely within the United states and Puerto Rico without foreign direction and whose acts are directed at elements of the U.S. Government or population.

International terrorism is the unlawful use of force or violence committed by a group or individual, who has some connection to a foreign power or whose activities transcend national boundaries, against persons or property to intimidate or coerce a government, the civilian population, or any segment thereof, in furtherance of political or social objectives.

The FBI divides terrorist-related activity into three categories:

a terrorist incident is a violent act or an act dangerous to human life, in violation of the criminal laws of the United States or of any state, to intimidate or coerce a government, the civilian population, or any segment thereof, in furtherance of political or social objectives;

a suspected terrorist incident is a potential act of terrorism in which responsibility for the act cannot be attributed at the time to a known or suspected terrorist group or individual; and

a terrorism prevention is a documented instance in which a violent act by a known or suspected terrorist group or individual with the means and a proven propensity for violence is successfully interdicted through investigative activity.
Old 11-19-2009, 12:13 PM
Contributing Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
lmao you do anything to add another post
Old 11-19-2009, 12:14 PM
Contributing Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
you almost have the most post your just a few behind corey

Quick Reply: is the site being slow or is it just me