Site Feedback Please use this forum to provide feedback, suggestions on the site

Political threads

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2008, 12:35 PM
Donny, you're out of your element
Staff

Received 54 Likes on 34 Posts
And now, threads like this: https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f5/y...aq-war-138272/ have popped up mocking the very moderators who keep us safe and the rules enforced. Nice.
Old 02-26-2008, 03:16 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ocdropzone
I think the Poll is a good idea.
Saying it caused by liberals is extreme. From what I have seen in the political threads is that people whether they are democratic, republican or somewhere inbetween get a bit passionate.

Personally I am for keeping them as long as they are kept in the off topic section, a set of well established rule are set up and people abide by them. And hopefully the mods can remain neutral when it comes to modifying posts.
People posting in threads need to understand that they are subject to rules like all other members of this board and checked the block that said they were grown up and understood the rules when they signed up.
If they fail to understand the rules, bummer, posts threads deleted and welcome to the real world.

People do have the option of reading a thread or not reading a thread.
Agreed; I didn't read all three pages I stopped at the quoted post but I'll say this, if the posts are in off topic & there are only opinions expressed what's wrong with it?

IMO nothing, if you don't like the thread don't read it or respond to it. Bringing it all in here & complaining seems childish.

I'm as conservative as a person can get & I see conservative ideas shut down every day it's common practice. Liberal discussions go on & on with plenty of nods & back slapping though; even in places that claim to have a policy against ALL political discussions.

If you want to get into an argument two things will do it; religion & politics. That much is certain, few people are adult enough to discuss the differences of opinion without resorting to name calling or insulting behavior of some sort.

Time for

Then a after the new direction the United States is headed into has been settled.
Old 02-26-2008, 03:26 PM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Brenjen
If you want to get into an argument two things will do it; religion & politics. That much is certain, few people are adult enough to discuss the differences of opinion without resorting to name calling or insulting behavior of some sort.
Very true.

I also still think political threads are sketchy.
And there are those that make them more so by their inability to remain civil.

By the way, I'm a pro-life, conservative, tattooed, skateboarding, rock climbing, mountain biking, organic cotton wearing, Jesus loving Christian, I own three guns, AND I vote...

How's that for a stereotype?
Old 02-26-2008, 04:53 PM
Contributing Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Tacoclimber
Very true.

I also still think political threads are sketchy.
And there are those that make them more so by their inability to remain civil.

By the way, I'm a pro-life, conservative, tattooed, skateboarding, rock climbing, mountain biking, organic cotton wearing, Jesus loving Christian, I own three guns, AND I vote...

How's that for a stereotype?
Me too....except for the tattoed skateboarding, and rock climbing parts.
Old 02-27-2008, 05:34 AM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just don't liek it when people seem to make enemies of one another when we are still all Americans but when it comes to political debates some come across as hating anybody not in their party afiliation.

When I meet other members and wheel with them the farthest thing from my mind is who they voted for or if they are Pro-life or what not I just don't care.
Old 03-02-2008, 11:43 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Some of us are Canadian too. But were all for Obama, every one of us.

Sorry, wrong thread.