Closed Post? - YotaTech Forums

Notices
Site Feedback Please use this forum to provide feedback, suggestions on the site

Closed Post?

Old 02-06-2013, 06:01 PM
  #1  
Registered User
Thread Starter
 
96vettelt4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Kissimmee, Florida
Posts: 116
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Closed Post?

i see that the moderators have chosen to close the post where it involves a vendor and previous moderator and a dispute between someone who bought an item and the problems he is having with the vendor. Post is still up but it doesnt appear to be for long. I have no pony in this race but I think it is a poor decision and sends the wrong message. I read the complete post and I see nothing wrong with the post or the responces. Vendors have a responcibility to their customers and from all that I have read this vendor has had many problems with alot of different people. While you say it has nothing to do with favorites it doesnt come off that way and it does look like you are in fact trying to protect the vendor from any additional negative comments. Again I think this sends the wrong message, members should be allowed to see the truth about any vendor and blocking information about negative situations may allow someone to purchase something from this vendor not knowing the problems which appear to be many with this vendor. let the chips fall where they may...just my opinion....

Last edited by 96vettelt4; 02-06-2013 at 07:29 PM.
96vettelt4 is offline  
Old 02-06-2013, 06:39 PM
  #2  
Registered User
 
87 Deathtrap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Phoenix, Az
Posts: 668
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
^Agreed. If you read through some of the links that Highlux posted in that other thread, you will see a certain moderator and forum owner going to bat for the lousy business practices of said vendor. This must be the not "picking favorites" that was referred to in the closing post. I doubt these things will change on this forum. These threads will disappear though, to hide the evidence.
87 Deathtrap is offline  
Old 02-06-2013, 07:00 PM
  #3  
Contributing Member
 
bob200587's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 3,546
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
So,

Who was it?
bob200587 is offline  
Old 02-06-2013, 07:27 PM
  #4  
Banned
iTrader: (-1)
 
waskillywabbit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 0
Thanked 13 Times in 3 Posts
Notice.

<---- I am not a moderator and have not been in months.

:wabbit2:
waskillywabbit is offline  
Old 02-06-2013, 07:33 PM
  #5  
Donny, you're out of your element
Staff
iTrader: (23)
 
DeathCougar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Marysville, WA
Posts: 17,670
Thanked 34 Times in 19 Posts
Originally Posted by 96vettelt4 View Post
I have no pony in this race
That is all you need to say.

The thread was closed pending further investigation as stated.

Creating this thread serves to do nothing besides incite drama/stir the pot. Not to mention it was posted in the completely WRONG section (86-95 TECH)


No one is protecting anyone, again AS STATED. Futhermore, no information is being hidden. The thread in it's ENTIRETY was left up, for the whole world to see. So be sure to have your facts straight before accusing anyone of "covering anything up". We are handling the situation, and if/when a resolution becomes available, we will post it. Posting in vendor feedback threads when you have nothing to do with the transaction is a violation of the rules YOU agreed to when signing up. The thread was getting completely off topic and out of hand.

I really don't need to explain this further to anyone, but there it is. Leave this be, let the admin/moderators handle the situation, and move on.

Thanks

Last edited by DeathCougar; 02-06-2013 at 07:38 PM.
DeathCougar is offline  
Old 02-06-2013, 08:21 PM
  #6  
Registered User
 
snowshredder555's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Gilbert, Az.
Posts: 680
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by waskillywabbit View Post
Notice.

<---- I am not a moderator and have not been in months.

:wabbit2:
Not to challenge the reasoning for closing the thread to any other feedback/ posts, I personally don't think it strayed to far off topic. Most threads here seem to veer off topic a little anyway, so....

Just a question if I may, because I had posted my experience with WabFab and chose not to in the "Vendor Feedback" section because like everyone else , thought it was a fluke...so, what was the reasoning behind him not being a "Moderator" any more? Hopefully this can be answered with out the need to be "Politically Correct" or telling me it's a duck and I know it's a chicken BS.. Not trying to offend anyone but, "it is what it is" you know?
snowshredder555 is offline  
Old 02-06-2013, 08:23 PM
  #7  
Banned
iTrader: (-1)
 
waskillywabbit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 0
Thanked 13 Times in 3 Posts
I no longer had time to do it so I quit. Simple as that.

:wabbit2:
waskillywabbit is offline  
Old 02-06-2013, 08:25 PM
  #8  
Donny, you're out of your element
Staff
iTrader: (23)
 
DeathCougar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Marysville, WA
Posts: 17,670
Thanked 34 Times in 19 Posts
Originally Posted by snowshredder555 View Post
Not to challenge the reasoning for closing the thread to any other feedback/ posts, I personally don't think it strayed to far off topic. Most threads here seem to veer off topic a little anyway, so....

Just a question if I may, because I had posted my experience with WabFab and chose not to in the "Vendor Feedback" section because like everyone else , thought it was a fluke...so, what was the reasoning behind him not being a "Moderator" any more? Hopefully this can be answered with out the need to be "Politically Correct" or telling me it's a duck and I know it's a chicken BS.. Not trying to offend anyone but, "it is what it is" you know?
If you are inferring that Wabbit was "demoted" or "removed" as a mod, that is not the case. And quite frankly, that is all that needs to be said. Anything else related to anyone being a mod or not being a mod is between that person and the administrator.
DeathCougar is offline  
Old 02-06-2013, 08:33 PM
  #9  
Registered User
 
snowshredder555's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Gilbert, Az.
Posts: 680
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DeathCougar View Post
That is all you need to say.

The thread was closed pending further investigation as stated.

Creating this thread serves to do nothing besides incite drama/stir the pot. Not to mention it was posted in the completely WRONG section (86-95 TECH)


No one is protecting anyone, again AS STATED. Futhermore, no information is being hidden. The thread in it's ENTIRETY was left up, for the whole world to see. So be sure to have your facts straight before accusing anyone of "covering anything up". We are handling the situation, and if/when a resolution becomes available, we will post it. Posting in vendor feedback threads when you have nothing to do with the transaction is a violation of the rules YOU agreed to when signing up. The thread was getting completely off topic and out of hand.

I really don't need to explain this further to anyone, but there it is. Leave this be, let the admin/moderators handle the situation, and move on.

Thanks

Mr DeathCougar, I do find this little find interesting to say the least... I'll be it, in his first post he mentions you directly by name AND, as a "friend"... How can you then say, "without being bias"? I don't know, just food for thought...that's all.

https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f221...chance-244476/ <----Interesting how the friend part has now been changed...HMMMM???

Hopefully the linkey works..

Last edited by snowshredder555; 02-06-2013 at 09:06 PM.
snowshredder555 is offline  
Old 02-06-2013, 08:42 PM
  #10  
Donny, you're out of your element
Staff
iTrader: (23)
 
DeathCougar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Marysville, WA
Posts: 17,670
Thanked 34 Times in 19 Posts
Originally Posted by snowshredder555 View Post
Mr DeathCougar, I do find this little find interesting to say the least... I'll be it, in his first post he mentions you directly by name AND, as a "friend"... How can you then say, "without being bias"? I don't know, just food for thought...that's all

https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f221...chance-244476/

Hopefully the linkey works..
Everyone is entitled to believe what they wish. The thread is still there, this thread is still here, and we (admin/mods) are working towards a solution. Nothing being hidden, no bias here.
DeathCougar is offline  
Old 02-06-2013, 09:11 PM
  #11  
Registered User
 
snowshredder555's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Gilbert, Az.
Posts: 680
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by waskillywabbit View Post
I no longer had time to do it so I quit. Simple as that.

Completely understood. Family is definitely important...

:wabbit2:
Originally Posted by DeathCougar View Post
If you are inferring that Wabbit was "demoted" or "removed" as a mod, that is not the case. And quite frankly, that is all that needs to be said. Anything else related to anyone being a mod or not being a mod is between that person and the administrator.
Not inferring anything of the like and agree if it needs to remain private then that should be how it is.


Originally Posted by DeathCougar View Post
Everyone is entitled to believe what they wish. The thread is still there, this thread is still here, and we (admin/mods) are working towards a solution. Nothing being hidden, no bias here.
Thank you for seeing my questioning for what it is...and I do wish to respect the people who make this forum possible. It is appreciated.
snowshredder555 is offline  
Old 02-06-2013, 10:04 PM
  #12  
Registered User
Thread Starter
 
96vettelt4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Kissimmee, Florida
Posts: 116
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
well I totally disagree with your thought process...Vendors survive on their merits..Death Cougar I went back to all the sources that were pointed out and it sure looks like you have been defending the person in question for a long time on various sites...if you want to insulate vendors from legit complaints than thats going to be to bad as a lot on hear depend on word of mouth..in tthis case its not just 1 guy who has a problem but many r coming forward describing the service and encounters with the vendor in question....My sugesstion would be to leave it up so the truth can come out but its a bad policy to pickand choose which post you want your readers to read and to give impression that anyone is being protected as thats the concenus right now..Truth is if this vendor is as bad as everyone says that maybe he should be suspended from the board till he gets his business in order. again I think you are making a great mistake by not allowing everyone to continue their post and hopefullythings can work out, I would like to believe Yotatech wants good vendors on here and not the shady ones...we shall see....
96vettelt4 is offline  
Old 02-06-2013, 11:19 PM
  #13  
Donny, you're out of your element
Staff
iTrader: (23)
 
DeathCougar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Marysville, WA
Posts: 17,670
Thanked 34 Times in 19 Posts
Once again, you are completely incorrect.

Please refer back to your original post:

I have no pony in this race
If you haven't dealt with this vendor, you have no reason to make a comment. You are basing your opinion and "facts" on heresay.

There is no mistake being made by not allowing members to continue to beat a dead horse, bashing on a vendor in a thread they have no business posting on in the first place. Same goes for any vendor on this board.

This is the last time I will say this; No one is being protected, nor is anything being insulated. It just so happens I am the one who responded this time, but the mods are all well aware of the situation and it was handled appropriately. The thread is still there in plain view, and when a resolution has been reached it will be posted. Not one single post has been edited or modified by any mod or admin. Do not falsely accuse us of doing so when concrete evidence points to the contrary. Members continuing to bash on a vendor in someone elses thread, whether the vendor is in the wrong or not, is inappropriate. If a member has a grievance, they are more than welcome to start their own thread providing facts and evidence of said grievance. Again, If you are not part of the transaction, then there is no reason to even be posting in the thread.

Last edited by DeathCougar; 02-06-2013 at 11:20 PM.
DeathCougar is offline  
Old 02-06-2013, 11:25 PM
  #14  
Donny, you're out of your element
Staff
iTrader: (23)
 
DeathCougar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Marysville, WA
Posts: 17,670
Thanked 34 Times in 19 Posts
And just so we are 100% clear on EXACTLY what I said (since you are inferring I said otherwise)

Originally Posted by DeathCougar View Post


Regardless of what WabFab has or has not done right, THIS is the only post I will address.

Pitting two boards against each other and cross posting trying to further your own agenda is a quick way to get banned. Whether Pirate likes us or not is irrelevant, nor our opinion of them. What does matter is trying to create a board war between the two boards to try and create more negative posts.

Hilux, you shouldn't presume to know what any board will do ever. And if you have no part of this transaction, you shouldn't even be posting in this thread.

I am closing this thread and leaving it in view for now, until we can get the issue resolved. This way no one thinks we are "playing favorites" or whatever else nonsense people decide to come up with. When the OP and Wabbit come to a resolution, it will be posted here.
DeathCougar is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
theking11863
Vehicle Audio & Home Entertainment
2
03-19-2016 10:36 PM
tobylab
General Vehicle Related Topics (Non Year Related)
6
01-18-2016 08:06 PM
thefishguy77
Newbie Tech Section
10
07-30-2015 11:59 AM
greenbuggy
3.4 Swaps
4
07-23-2015 12:51 PM
tobylab
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners
0
07-12-2015 01:53 PM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Closed Post?


Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: