The Fab Shop Tube buggies, armor protection and anything else that requires cutting, welding, or custom fab work

Time for the chop... a-la- 4hummer

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2006, 05:10 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Lysmachia
rOCKET LETS DO IT. i WAS FIRED ON MONDAY FOR STANFING UP TO MY BOSS, (Whistleblower) i HABE 2 WEKS SEVE3RANCE AND Am wirking on a new jov. i leabe the 32swt to move tc out to colorado byt he 5th. What's your shcedule. Iaheva about 300 bones to spend on the chop... After I get a new jon and I am enotonally stable i AM GONNA SUE THE ลลลล OUTTSA THAT COMPANY... AND THAT SHOULD PAY FOR THE REST (sorry about the caps)
Well at least you got out of a bad situation.. not in a good way but You will prob look back on the job and be like damn that was the worst time in my life.

back on topic. You gonna make a tonneau cover for the rear?
Old 08-25-2006, 06:00 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Canvas Top for the back. Had a Boat shop make it. $300 including the center support bar

I live in Ontario Canada and can drive my truck all winter long with only the back heater on.

http://www.mudrunner.ca/softtop/softtop3.jpg
http://www.mudrunner.ca/softtop/softtop4.jpg
http://www.mudrunner.ca/softtop/softtop6.jpg
Old 08-25-2006, 06:50 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by Tanto
What are you, or something?

Seriously, I would understand if you were/are because I read your thread about your B*%# of a boss.

I guess I should ... so I'm looking forward to the chop!
I might have been.. LOL but seriosuly my desktop is down harddrive crash (thank god I back up on external hard drive) and my lappi keyboard is possesed it caps all the time and switches stuff and on top of that I can;t spell wortha damn! Ask Troy (TC) he'll verify this when he was about to throw my lappi across the room!

I was trying to fix my heater blower moter wed nihgt had to take the whole dash off. Since I am second gen I am all levers (no electrical) Couldn't get to the fuse to see if that is the problem Nic (Blownn4Runner) and I think it is electrical becasue the switches move fine but my ac won;t turn on.. Sigh. gottta go put *that* back together. No way am I chpping without heat (and it isn't my heater core because my rear heater works)....

MANTRA : YOU WILL BREAK AND YOU WILL GO BROKE: LOL
Old 08-29-2006, 07:13 PM
Contributing Member

Look at the pics in post 1

http://customtacos.com/forum/showthread.php?t=70957

Last edited by 4-RUNNIN' FREAK; 08-30-2006 at 02:27 AM.
Old 08-29-2006, 08:38 PM

Let me know when you cut, I need a tail gate.

Interesting plan, but I always wonder when people start doing this, the Runner part of things gets traded and now it is an open cab pickup.
Old 08-29-2006, 08:51 PM
Contributing Member

Be sure to post up the times your doing this stuff and I will try to make it. Schedules are changing all the time.
Old 08-30-2006, 08:37 AM
Contributing Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Flygtenstein
Let me know when you cut, I need a tail gate.

Interesting plan, but I always wonder when people start doing this, the Runner part of things gets traded and now it is an open cab pickup.
Too bad you didn't say anything, had a tailgate from a 94 about 3 weeks ago getting a motor out of it. Pitched it cuz i had no place to keep it. Bummer.
Old 08-30-2006, 10:11 AM
Contributing Member

Yeah as you guys know I was "terminated" from My Job for standing up to my superviso's emotional and verbal abuse. She's been through 9 employees in a Year!!!!

I kept working with HR to find a different department to move to but when my supervisor found out she just fired me. Thankfully I got a few weeks of severance and they prolly won't contest unemployment, but the real kicker here is that they sent a letter to the big rival company saying I indended to seek empployment there and divugle proprietary information. I Never said THAT! So this *really* screws up my job searh. GIS/Remote sensing is a really nich industry. So sadly everything is on hold. I want to chop the back more than anything but I don't even know if I have enough money for my bills (Lame) Oh and one more thing. I might keep my tailgate as is, but then take the glass and motor aout and someone could have that... I did by a passenger side door before I knew I was going to be fired. I might try and take it back to the junkyard and say it didn't fit....

*sigh*
Old 08-30-2006, 10:50 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by 4-RUNNIN' FREAK
Um do you not understand whay I am doing this: I break my reart quarter panell glas all the freaking TIME And by reducing the weight in the back I reduce tippiness... It's not like I am doing it for the looks. The Tippy B9#tch is ugly as heck
Old 08-30-2006, 07:07 PM
Banned

I want to cutt mine for kinda the same reason, But I have 2 4" cracks running up the roof past the wing from the top of the rear window from my safari rack bouncing around, Thought the rack is gone there getting longer. So I want to make a 1st/2nd gen 4dr hybrid 4Hummer.
Old 08-31-2006, 12:19 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by Lysmachia
Um do you not understand whay I am doing this: I break my reart quarter panell glas all the freaking TIME And by reducing the weight in the back I reduce tippiness... It's not like I am doing it for the looks. The Tippy B9#tch is ugly as heck

I was just posting since it reminded me of a odd looking version 4Hummers truck. This was the first thing on the list when I searched 4Hummer, and it was about a chop too.
I love the way his looks
Old 09-12-2006, 03:17 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by 4-RUNNIN' FREAK
I was just posting since it reminded me of a odd looking version 4Hummers truck. This was the first thing on the list when I searched 4Hummer, and it was about a chop too.
I love the way his looks too.......
I wannna be a 4runnin' freak..... Or would that be a 4 hummer freak??? LOL

Last edited by Lysmachia; 09-12-2006 at 08:12 AM.
Old 10-17-2007, 10:57 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by waskillywabbit
Way too many posts and views on a thread about something that hasn't happend.

Ok guys I know I have talked about this for waaaay to long but finally...

* I have a place to do it
* Have another car to drive
* Have the money
* I have the help

Tippy is getting the chop, the body work, and then the exo...

So for all of you who have been hoping, waiting, and wanting to help.... IT'S TIME!

The H.O.W. (House of Wrenching) - open to Colorado peeps is now open...

Estimated work time.. who knows but we plant to do it this winter... So post up if you can hep/want to help/want to kick my ass for taking so long...

Old 10-18-2007, 12:16 AM

Im 100% game!!!!

I showed you what i wanna see happen. I think you should leave the 3rd brake light....OR.... something cool and custom lets put it where it would be if the top was there but in the bar. I have a long LED that will work...we will talk more this weekend and if you dont im going to do it on my canback. I will draw something up.
Old 10-18-2007, 12:21 AM
Fossilized
Staff

Received 448 Likes on 293 Posts
Are you going to do the chop and Exo similar to what Mossyrocks did? I like how he has got the best of both worlds with the removeable HT.
Old 10-18-2007, 12:30 AM
Contributing Member

I wish I could do what mossyrocks did. He did a BEUTIFUL job. But alas... after this....

(Me rolling tippy in Jan of 2006) The top is just not worth saving!

So the top is gonna come off like what Mossyrocks did (and 4hummer too) with support (exo)... then I'll do a canvas back snap top while I fix the body damge and paint her, and lastly I'll add the full exo. Tippy isn't nearly as pretty as Mossyrocks or 4hummers rig, but she is a rockstar at wheeling. So while I'd like her to look decent, my bigger emphasis is removing the top heavy weight and adding protection for more tippy adventures! (That 2nd gen top heavy weight is a PITA in terms of driving at highway speed. While tippy is UBER flexy like this:

She also has quite the body roll at highway speeds enroute to moab. Thus the reason I want to get rid of any top heavy weight (that 2nd gens are so known for!)

So I want to chop her like what Mossyrocks and 4runner did so that she can wheel like this without endangering glass for once!!!

Last edited by Lysmachia; 10-18-2007 at 12:36 AM.
Old 10-18-2007, 04:07 PM

Here are some current pics of Brad's Runner:

Old 10-18-2007, 04:52 PM
Contributing Member

just incase you missed mine, couple posts down in this section. Chopped and bobbed.

It's alot of work to make it looks nice. . .

No plans for a permanent top or window. It's not my DD and it stays in the garage when it rains. When on wheeling trip's I'll just take a tarp with me incase of showers. Maybe if its a huge PITA with the rain I'll try to patch a pickup rear sliding glass in, but not in the plans as of now.

https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f88/...thread-118839/
Old 10-18-2007, 04:58 PM
Contributing Member

And before anyone asks no you cannot keep the power rear glass without a ton of modification to the tailgate trying to put it behind the seats. Would be kinda neat but it would take up most of the bed. I like my simple sheetmetal behind the seats. I kept the stock tail-gate where it is, it looks good with the truck style bed.
Old 10-18-2007, 04:58 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I love brad's (mossyrocks) he is thinking about doing a canvas top on his 4runner like you are talking about doing. His is very nice to ride around in, even if you are just going across town to pick up parts in it. Its good to know the man behind the wheel, we went to same elementary/high school he is just a few years ahead of me. Brad has done all the work on my rig (sliders and bumper).

Quick Reply: Time for the chop... a-la- 4hummer