The Fab Shop Tube buggies, armor protection and anything else that requires cutting, welding, or custom fab work

Finishing a coiled-over idea

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2007, 06:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No, sorry, the strap is temporary I just needed a way to back it out of the garage for my NEW PAINT JOB! SWEEET!!!!!!!

Not bad for doing it in my driveway. I call it "BillyBadAssBlue."
Old 06-25-2007, 06:57 PM

Oh yeah, I got a set of Krawlers too

::Forrest Gump voice:: That's all I have to say about that.

Last edited by TachedOutOffRoad; 07-27-2007 at 07:06 PM.
Old 07-27-2007, 07:24 PM

Lets see . . . .

IronPigOffRoad hooked with up with all the componets to make this sweet tire carrier. I only had to buy the 2"x3" tubing locally. I didnt have room for the locking pin and notched the carrier part about 1 1/2 make it sit tighter to the body. I like it :smiley:

Last edited by TachedOutOffRoad; 07-27-2007 at 07:45 PM.
Old 07-27-2007, 07:28 PM

Action shots with sweet new cage from Off Road Connection and Warn 9.5xp mounted . . .

Old 07-27-2007, 07:32 PM

Some new friends of mine on a certain ride that I cant talk about . . .

Best driver that I have ever seen . . . Fred Perry

My big sister . .

. . . damn . . .

Seriously, my big brother. The guys from Slee Off Road are THE BIGGEST TOYOTA PIMPS EVER!! Id still be on the side of the road if it were not for Christo and Ben.

Last edited by TachedOutOffRoad; 07-27-2007 at 07:41 PM.
Old 07-27-2007, 07:36 PM

CAREFUL . . .she is married . . .

maybe as nice as above pic. . .

Old 07-27-2007, 07:40 PM

!!

Seriously, the UA was an absolut blast. Sponcers kick ass and the road days will kick your ass even more. Everybody was really, really cool and I highly suggest to everone to apply for next year's when the mag comes out.
Old 07-28-2007, 01:24 AM
Banned

Received 20 Likes on 9 Posts
Looks like fun. Bring your junk to the forrest Sunday at 1 p.m. We are meeting at the Exxon on Hwy 69 in Taylorville. Call me.

Old 07-28-2007, 05:10 AM
Contributing Member

Your runner came out sweet!! Reminds me of Mossyrocks 3rd gen
Old 07-28-2007, 05:21 AM

Thanks! I'll look up MOssy's build. I can already tell he's got his head screwed on right I like the all Yota build and tied to make Yotas proud on the UA video

Brian, unless you want to put my new tranny, clutch, and flywheel in tonight, its a no-go

Last edited by TachedOutOffRoad; 07-28-2007 at 05:23 AM.
Old 07-28-2007, 05:37 AM

Originally Posted by yotasavg
i've been looking for a new hood for soooo long......... do you have the name of the company by any chance?
I know this was a while ago, but I didnt see any company markings when we were painting it I just typed in "4runner fiberglass hood" and found some stuff. 3.4l swap with no body lift
Old 07-28-2007, 06:23 AM
Banned

Received 20 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by TachedOutOffRoad
Thanks! I'll look up MOssy's build. I can already tell he's got his head screwed on right I like the all Yota build and tied to make Yotas proud on the UA video

Brian, unless you want to put my new tranny, clutch, and flywheel in tonight, its a no-go
Ouch...that sounds expensive. Glad to see you got it running for the you know what and had fun. I got a new shop down my way with about 800 sq ft so if you need some help let me know.

I thought you had another tour of duty? What happened to that?

Don't be a stranger.

Old 07-28-2007, 07:25 AM

Originally Posted by TachedOutOffRoad
I know this was a while ago, but I didnt see any company markings when we were painting it I just typed in "4runner fiberglass hood" and found some stuff. 3.4l swap with no body lift
hey thanks for getting back on that. i'll check it out.
Old 07-28-2007, 07:31 AM

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
wow. ths has to be one of the sickest rides on YT. Great job on the build up and sweet pics.
Old 07-30-2007, 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by 881stGenRunner
wow. ths has to be one of the sickest rides on YT. Great job on the build up and sweet pics.
Thanks

Ben at Slee offroad is trying to get me to put Diamod Axles and FJ80/100 centers under it with some 42"s He may have had to many that night
Old 08-15-2007, 10:05 PM

Did some easy stuff by the local 4wheeler-creek-ride-place

There are some COOL train tunnels out there. One is probably 100 yards long

Old 08-15-2007, 10:10 PM

It gave me the opprotunity to teach my five year old how to blow the bead back on the wheel

I know it looks pretty redneck, but its been over 100 degrees everyday and hes a ladies man like his dad and pulls in the ladies in his undies

And yes, we live in the woods, but not in a trailer

Last edited by TachedOutOffRoad; 08-28-2007 at 04:33 AM.
Old 08-15-2007, 10:15 PM

No good pics, but the 3.4L and duals helped me embarass some Heep drivers when I pulled a dead weight IFS Yota on 35"s up a HILL! Never spun a tire

These are the same guys that yell "rear axle" when they hear a snap
Old 08-16-2007, 08:16 AM

I'm a noob on here but I just wanted to complement you on your runner, I have a 93 on 35's and in febuary am going to be starting a front and rear link setup, but I noticed you have a 3 link instead of 4. Likes, dislikes? any first hand expiriance you could give would be awesome.

Mike
Old 08-19-2007, 02:37 PM

This has been my only linked truck, but Ill tell you what I have learned.

-Do it right the first time. That means a lot of time and $$$
Get 2"x.375" wall lowers and 1.5"x.375 or 2"x.120 uppers. Use strong heims or high quality johnny joints. You dont have to pay for pre-fabbed brackets, while they are nice though. Go get some 3/8 plate, a grinder, small drill press, and a face shield when you ise the grinder

-The time factor is huge here too. Do the little calculator, do some planing, look under you truck, scratch your head, and then change the plan, and then start cutting. Youll need the space and tools to cycle through suspension and check you clearances before you make a bad cut on the $17 a foot DOM.

-Like I said before, Ive never had a 4-link, but I do know that it is already way crowded above my front axle and my 3.4L hangs low.

-Be sure to mount you coils or air shocks out as far as possible. If everything is set up right you wont need anti-rock bars.

-Perhaps most importantly, search on this board and pirate4x4.com and read for hours. There are a bunch of know-it-alls who have never built or driven a linked truck before, but there is a lot of good info too.

-I really dont know it I would do it all again or not I would rather build leaf packs on all four corner out of Toyota rears and carry a spare main leaf and be done with it. KISS. There is just so much potential catastrophic failure
with the links. Even if you built it right, Ive seen heims come apart, links bend, brackets break, and shocks blow. One lose nut can cause a wreck and destroy two airshocks and rip the side of a tire . For the cost of the upgrade (and repairs), I would rather buy new tires, beadlocks, or on-board air or welder.
The primary purpose having links is traction. <-- more of it. No axle wrap and less pushing on the springs, but piss on that Traction bars work great! Im just not sure that I would do it again unless I was building a comp buggy or if my money tree sprouted and I had no cares at all. I cant remember one time in the last 10 rides where I was just like "wow, my 3-link made your leaf sprung truck look like a POS." 70% of it is driver and that is what I notice making the most difference going up hills (then gears/lockers, then tires, then weight (and thats another story anyway)) I would SAS with leafs and then spend more time on the trail than in the garage!!

-Maybe this helped you at least a little Good luck!

Quick Reply: Finishing a coiled-over idea