The Fab Shop Tube buggies, armor protection and anything else that requires cutting, welding, or custom fab work

Fillsrunner4.3 crawler (PART TWO) - pic heavy!

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2008, 07:16 PM
Fossilized
Staff

Received 448 Likes on 293 Posts
Originally Posted by fillsrunner4
Not to much at the moment to really update with

Been a long few weeks with the loss of a loved one and other personal matters so havent really gotten a whole lot done sadly.

Sorry to hear about your loss, always a tough time, been there...You have my condolences...

Nice thing about a hobby like we have is that twisting some wrenches or rattle canning a fender can give you time to think/forget...

How do you like your axle tie down straps for the trailer? I picked up a set a few months ago but haven't used them yet.
Old 08-20-2008, 07:22 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ocdropzone
Sorry to hear about your loss, always a tough time, been there...You have my condolences...

Nice thing about a hobby like we have is that twisting some wrenches or rattle canning a fender can give you time to think/forget...

How do you like your axle tie down straps for the trailer? I picked up a set a few months ago but haven't used them yet.
It can be escape that is definitely true. Turn on the Ipod, grab a beer and do some and makes me forget about all the negatives and BS in the world. The loved one will be missed truly but life will go on. Its a reminder to me that everyday should be lived like my last as it could be gone in an instant. No regrets, many a success and failures I have seen and will continue too. Live life to the fullest and always enjoy with a smile even if your missing a few teeth

As for the tie downs I love them, I cross the back two for lateral stability. I absolutely love them it makes loading and unloading cake
Old 08-22-2008, 12:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hey sorry about your loss

life sucks sometimes but thats why we have toyotas

speeking of toyotas im going to go pick up my 85 so i can start building along with ya
Old 08-23-2008, 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by apalmer1
hey sorry about your loss

life sucks sometimes but thats why we have toyotas

speeking of toyotas im going to go pick up my 85 so i can start building along with ya
hell yeah dude! Hope the build goes well.

Ive not been working much the last few weeks (its nice to take some time off to enjoy )

I did however get the chance to borrow my Friend Erics rig.

Had a blast and broke some stuff including all six hub studs pass side and and made the bearings loose. Luckily not much more damage done and an easy fix but Thanks again Eric

Time to turn around

Wheelin Hotties

So much fun!

More pics later!
Old 08-25-2008, 01:19 PM

looks like it was a lot of fun i like that little truck, its still not quite as haggard as my 85 though psh oh well who needs body panels right?

https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f88/...-heavy-152450/
Old 08-26-2008, 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by apalmer1
looks like it was a lot of fun i like that little truck, its still not quite as haggard as my 85 though psh oh well who needs body panels right?

https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f88/...-heavy-152450/
Yeah its just sheet

The truck is my good friend Eric's. Not everyday someone lends you the keys to go beat on their rig It was alot of fun and thanks again Eric for the keys. I had my fun with it thats for sure

Looks like your on your way cant wait to see more
Good luck

Old 08-27-2008, 11:55 AM

You forgot the best ones:

^^11:30^^

^^12:00^^

Where's the mudflaps?? Poor Eric...

Here's from Sunday, the only other rigs out there were the purdy broncos, so mainly just sacup, the tilt, grumpy's(x2) & the poop schute

Old 08-27-2008, 12:26 PM

didnt know some of those were from that day.

When did phil smash his front windshield?
Old 08-27-2008, 12:55 PM

He smashed his windshield when the tie rod end broke in the river, you would have known but you were stuck in the river on the other end. Hahahaha good times fillis.
Old 08-27-2008, 01:58 PM

that it is
Old 08-27-2008, 02:19 PM

hey fillis, mind if i call you that too? lol

wheres the pics of YOUR rig? i wanna see that thing done!

Old 08-27-2008, 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by 904_runner
hey fillis, mind if i call you that too? lol

wheres the pics of YOUR rig? i wanna see that thing done!

Ide perfer you not maybe if you had some Bbies

My truck is at a friends house right now. I just cant afford the parts yet but I hope to get it running very shortly. Its really close!

Ill get some pics as I get some more work done on it
Old 09-04-2008, 09:04 PM

any updates
Old 09-04-2008, 11:05 PM

Not really Ive purchased a new starter from summit racing

I noticed that Summit sells same with AA a more expensive starter that has an offset bolt pattern. My block has both offset and inline bolt patterns. Its something to look into when you upgrade to running the 168th flywheel.

I also purchased a nice and heavy flywheel from my local shop!

I job hunting at the moment and trying to get into school possibly too. Im definitely not done with this project its just at a tough spot right now. Ill update as soon as I can with some pics.
Old 09-04-2008, 11:10 PM

Heres the more expensive starter. Some blocks only have this pattern. Cost difference is about $60
Old 09-06-2008, 09:51 PM

hey fill hhows it going truck looks like its comin along nicely had to pop in to see how it was going good luck with the final steps
Old 09-07-2008, 08:24 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Flywheel

I'm doing the same swap as you. I was going to use the 168 flywheel until I saw this: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=190248920731

I did not want to buy a performance starter plus modify the bellhousing. This way I can use stock parts that bolt in.

I was wondering why you went with headers instead of Astro van manifolds? It seems it would be easier with Astro van manifolds than with those headers.

James
Old 09-07-2008, 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by john rumbo
hey fill hhows it going truck looks like its comin along nicely had to pop in to see how it was going good luck with the final steps
Ya its just time now and money. Itll be moving along here shortly.

Hows your truck running?

Originally Posted by JamesD
I'm doing the same swap as you. I was going to use the 168 flywheel until I saw this: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=190248920731

I did not want to buy a performance starter plus modify the bellhousing. This way I can use stock parts that bolt in.

I was wondering why you went with headers instead of Astro van manifolds? It seems it would be easier with Astro van manifolds than with those headers.

James
I got my 168th flywheel from napa for about $150. Ide recomend getting one from there. Ive always been weary about Ebay stuff but im sure the flywheel is good.

I like the small size of the starter and it keeps the clutter down. And for 135 its not too bad for new starter.

I went with the headers for a bit better flow and performance. I got the cheaper non plated pair from AA for $180 and painted them. my motor didnt come with manifolds so cost wise the headers were the best way to go IMO.

Good luck with your swap! Its fun stuff!
Old 09-07-2008, 06:14 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah but if you were to break down on the trail how would you get another starter? At least if someone can get you one from a parts store, they would have it in stock. Also it is easier to warranty a stock replacement than it is the aftermarket one you got. If the starter ever goes bad, you will have to go through Summit. That is just how I was looking at it, the overall cost and availability.

I wonder if the Astro manifolds would fit better than your headers? I was thinking of getting headers but then again it came down to cost. Also most headers are usually made with cheap, thin metal so that is why I stay away from them since they do not last long.

James
Old 09-07-2008, 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by fillsrunner4
Ya its just time now and money. Itll be moving along here shortly.

Hows your truck running?

I got my 168th flywheel from napa for about $150. Ide recomend getting one from there. Ive always been weary about Ebay stuff but im sure the flywheel is good.

I like the small size of the starter and it keeps the clutter down. And for 135 its not too bad for new starter.

I went with the headers for a bit better flow and performance. I got the cheaper non plated pair from AA for $180 and painted them. my motor didnt come with manifolds so cost wise the headers were the best way to go IMO.

Good luck with your swap! Its fun stuff!
its running good but had problems with the steering could not handle the abuse so i converted it to full hydraulic with a kit from psc it works great trying to get the truck ready for easter safari in moab hopefully

Quick Reply: Fillsrunner4.3 crawler (PART TWO) - pic heavy!