The Fab Shop Tube buggies, armor protection and anything else that requires cutting, welding, or custom fab work

3.0 twin turbo=sweet

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2012, 08:46 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'd say you might be a bit crazy.

Or I am.... because I understood it.
Old 01-09-2012, 09:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
this is very intersting and DONT MEAN TO THREAD JACK but i have / had and idea for a lil while that is un orthidox and prob gonna get me flammed but think bout it. Ok so i have a nissan 240sx, mine particularly comes with a KA24E engine. That so happens to be the engine out of the hard body trucks. Well the Dual cam ( KA24DE ) engine is a much better engine produces great torque and low rpms comes in the later model trucks and 240sx's. My idea was ... here it goes, I think swapping in a Nissan KA24DE and turboing it in a toyota would 1 produce great Efficiency for overall power in low and up to bout 5500 rpms. even NA but with it turboed you get the low end torque that the DE naturally produces and it spools the turbo quickly thus producing power sooner. .... idk just an idea. not saying id do it or whatever thought bout it, granted your putting nissan in a toyota which sucks but ... hey if its worth it its worth it.
Old 01-10-2012, 06:26 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If you go to all the trouble of making a KA24 work in a Yota, you might as well just swap a SR20DET right off the bat. And if you swap in a SR20, you might as well swap in a 7MGTE or a 2JZGTE out of a Supra and keep it all Toyota. It's gonna be about the same amount of work either way, as I see it.
Old 01-10-2012, 08:41 PM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ThomasByota
this is very intersting and DONT MEAN TO THREAD JACK but i have / had and idea for a lil while that is un orthidox and prob gonna get me flammed but think bout it. Ok so i have a nissan 240sx, mine particularly comes with a KA24E engine. That so happens to be the engine out of the hard body trucks. Well the Dual cam ( KA24DE ) engine is a much better engine produces great torque and low rpms comes in the later model trucks and 240sx's. My idea was ... here it goes, I think swapping in a Nissan KA24DE and turboing it in a toyota would 1 produce great Efficiency for overall power in low and up to bout 5500 rpms. even NA but with it turboed you get the low end torque that the DE naturally produces and it spools the turbo quickly thus producing power sooner. .... idk just an idea. not saying id do it or whatever thought bout it, granted your putting nissan in a toyota which sucks but ... hey if its worth it its worth it.
One of our members from the EU {I think} put a diesel out of a Nissan Patrol in his Hilux so others have already done the nissan thing and they do make some sweet engines...
If you have the time, skill and bucks go for it... start a thread about it and report your results. Who knows you may start the next big repower movement.