Arizona Arizona Chapter

What I've been up to

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2007, 08:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What I've been up to

I fiqured that I show you guys something that I picked up since the sunflower run (posted on the main board as well). Going to finish cleaning it up tonight (once my apartment complex goes to sleep) and maybe put a coat of primer on it tonight.

E-locked rear axle for a little less than $500

Last edited by wormhole; 08-08-2007 at 08:15 PM.
Old 08-08-2007, 09:21 PM
Contributing Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Oooooh.... very nice.

That will be a very nice upgrade. You are going to notice a major difference, like you didn't realize that already.

Now it will be like cheating next time you run Sunflower. Guess you'll have to go first to be fair.
Old 08-08-2007, 10:28 PM

How do I put this.

paint fumes = dizzy

paint fumes = headache

paint fumes = killed what brain cells I have left

Even after being in a ventalated area (the best I could do in an apartment complex) and wearing a mask. I've managed to give myself a nice little headache. I wonder how many of my remaining brain cells are left . Any how looks like this little project will be moving to my parents house. Where there is more open space.
Old 08-10-2007, 09:07 AM
JGM

Will you be converting to discs while you have it out?

Nice axle. I love truck junk.
Old 08-10-2007, 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by Elvota
Oooooh.... very nice.

That will be a very nice upgrade. You are going to notice a major difference, like you didn't realize that already.

Now it will be like cheating next time you run Sunflower. Guess you'll have to go first to be fair.

I'm still morning over the pin stripping I got on that run.

Is there away to get to the mine site without taking that trail. I've thought about taking my parents up there.
Old 08-10-2007, 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by JGM
Will you be converting to discs while you have it out?

Nice axle. I love truck junk (heck, I like messing around in junkyards).

Not at the present. I've spent a little more than what I've wanted the past few months may be down the line.
Old 08-10-2007, 12:47 PM
Contributing Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
You could go to the mine from the way we started, then turn around and come back out the same way. You'd miss the majority of the tighter stuff that way. Might have to watch for traffic though on the narrow road in. Most won't be expecting traffic coming the other way and there are very few places to let people by.

Pin striping is just part of the AZ scene unfortunately. Those desert plants just love to leave a mark. Builds character.
Old 08-10-2007, 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by Elvota
You could go to the mine from the way we started, then turn around and come back out the same way. You'd miss the majority of the tighter stuff that way. Might have to watch for traffic though on the narrow road in. Most won't be expecting traffic coming the other way and there are very few places to let people by.

Pin striping is just part of the AZ scene unfortunately. Those desert plants just love to leave a mark. Builds character (so does spinach ).

Cool thanks, it's always fun to surpise people.
Anyhow here is what it looks like after 2 coats of primer and 3 coats of paint.

I didn't paint the 3rd member it would've been more work than what I wanted and the drums are getting swap out with the ones on my truck due to the guys at the salvage yard goofing them up a bit.
Hopefully, by the end of this month / beinging of next month it will get installed. Time and money permitting.
Old 08-21-2007, 07:27 PM
Contributing Member

looks good. I gotta keep and eye out for one of those for my truck. Locker in the rear and a-trac in the front is what I look forward too. Good enough.