North Carolina North Carolina Chapter

Nc4roc?

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2006, 09:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey guys...I'm a new member here on Yotatech. I've been on toyota-4runner.org for a couple of months. I just picked up my used 1999 SR5 4x4 two months ago. It's my first 4runner...but definitely not my first Toyota.

Anyway, I just found this part of Yotatech. I live in Greenville, NC, so I'm on the east side of NC. I'd be very interested in a meet though. I just went to the 4rocNC page...and I think I'm going to order some stickers from you guys if that's ok.
Old 06-20-2006, 10:06 AM
Contributing Member

I am pretty new too NCarolinaRunner but welcome to NC4ROC and yotatech! I just bought my second Toyota last March and it is coming along slowly but surely. I think you will like yotatech as the guys on here are extremely helpful on modding your rig. What are your plans for it if any at all? Also, beware this site isn't savings or checking account friendly. LOL It will make you go broke!
Old 06-20-2006, 09:06 PM

Thats how it looked last month....after new knuckles with rotation for pinion angle, new wheel bearings, new hub bearings, 5:29s up front and that all pro armor......still not drivable tho. how sad. ='(

I still have my 4cyl 4:88s available if anyone is interested.

Last edited by 4RocRunner92; 06-20-2006 at 09:09 PM.
Old 06-20-2006, 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by hlpressley
Also, beware this site isn't savings or checking account friendly. LOL It will make you go broke!
Yea but just be glad we dont let our members drive these:

Old 06-21-2006, 04:08 AM

Originally Posted by 4RocRunner92
I still have my 4cyl 4:88s available if anyone is interested.
Very interested. I need 4:88's front and rear are they open?

Last edited by evilcow; 06-21-2006 at 04:11 AM.
Old 06-21-2006, 09:12 AM

its only 1 4cyl set. yes, open. no 3rd, just gears.
Old 06-21-2006, 10:05 AM

oh, I'm looking for thirds front and rear. If you guys runn across anything LMK.
Thanks
Old 06-25-2006, 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by hlpressley
I am pretty new too NCarolinaRunner but welcome to NC4ROC and yotatech! I just bought my second Toyota last March and it is coming along slowly but surely. I think you will like yotatech as the guys on here are extremely helpful on modding your rig. What are your plans for it if any at all? Also, beware this site isn't savings or checking account friendly. LOL It will make you go broke!
This is my daily driver, so it will not be a strictly offroad rig. But I would like to mod it well enough to do some light offroading while maintaining daily driver ability. I'm planning on losing some money through all this...but it's ok, it'll be fun. I'm trying to find some places here in NC for beginner offroaders. I have never been offroading before, but am looking forward to learning from those much more experienced.
Old 06-25-2006, 07:34 PM
Contributing Member

welcome, we need to get a uwharrie trip up and going. and i need to finish my damn truck. somebody take the initiative and plan a weekend trip
Old 06-25-2006, 10:43 PM

deadhead for life
Old 06-26-2006, 06:04 AM
Contributing Member

I too am pretty new to YT (I have been browsing and searching for quite a whlie but new to posting) and just moved back to Charlotte. I am very interested in getting together and do some wheelin' in the near future. I am on my second 4runner and I am starting a 7mgte swap (just starting to rebuild the motor.) I saw this thread and thought I would jump in to meet some of the locals.
Old 06-26-2006, 07:11 AM

Originally Posted by 4RocRunner92
deadhead for life
Me too. I went to my first show in 78' and about 100 since then.
Never the same again
Old 07-03-2006, 02:53 PM
Contributing Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey there, ive been doin alot of postin around the other sections of Yotatech and just kinda found this area. Id really be up for some wheelin arond NC with a bunch of other Yota drivers. I live in Kinston which is a good hour and half from Raleigh. My rig is my daily driver so im not really up for bashin it but id be more then happy to do some light wheeling and meet&greets. I think we need to get this NC thing goin. What you guys think about all of this?
Old 07-03-2006, 03:04 PM
Contributing Member

[QUOTE=RednekYank]Hey there, ive been doin alot of postin around the other sections of Yotatech and just kinda found this area. Id really be up for some wheelin arond NC with a bunch of other Yota drivers. I live in Kinston which is a good hour and half from Raleigh. My rig is my daily driver so im not really up for bashin it but id be more then happy to do some light wheeling and meet&greets. I think we need to get this NC thing goin. What you guys think about all of this?[

I have been trying for quite some time now with no results. I have really gotten involved with the guys over at ncttora eventhough it is mostly Tacos they are very involved with the sport and very helpful. Come on over and check us out!
http://www.ncttora.com/forum/index.php

Last edited by hlpressley; 07-03-2006 at 03:07 PM.
Old 07-03-2006, 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by RednekYank
Hey there, ive been doin alot of postin around the other sections of Yotatech and just kinda found this area. Id really be up for some wheelin arond NC with a bunch of other Yota drivers. I live in Kinston which is a good hour and half from Raleigh. My rig is my daily driver so im not really up for bashin it but id be more then happy to do some light wheeling and meet&greets. I think we need to get this NC thing goin. What you guys think about all of this?
Hey there...I work in Kinston. I live in Winterville if you know where that is. Just thought I'd say hello to you...

It would be nice to get this thing going though...
Old 07-03-2006, 05:22 PM
Contributing Member

hlpressley- ight man, ill go over there and see what i can help you out with. Id really like to get an NC group together

Carolina4runner - where u work at man. Yeah i know where winterville is. I got a couple of friends who live up there. We need to get some more 4runners involved in this but it seems like alot of the ones around Kinston are 2wd and blinged out.
Old 07-03-2006, 05:31 PM
Contributing Member

I wasnt suggesting we needed any help just inviting you on over to check us out. For some reason the guys around here just don't seem to be interested in NC4ROC anymore. See you around!
Old 07-03-2006, 05:35 PM

Carolina4runner - where u work at man. Yeah i know where winterville is. I got a couple of friends who live up there. We need to get some more 4runners involved in this but it seems like alot of the ones around Kinston are 2wd and blinged out.
I work at Lenoir Memorial Hospital. I've seen one or two 4wd runners around Kinston, but it's usually middle aged soccer mom's driving them. Is there anywhere around here to get a 4runner dirty?? I don't know anyone around here that wheels or even goes out on light trails. So, I don't know where any where is to take the 4runner out to.

Do you know of anywhere?
Old 07-03-2006, 06:00 PM
Contributing Member

I know a couple of places around my neck of the woods. They are kinda smaller and offer a good 30 minutes of wheelin before it just gets old. It would be fun to have someone else to mud with around here. I know of a couple of people in Greenville who wheel and i could try my best to arrange some wheelin up there. It wont be with yotas but i could get together some jeeps and f-150s for us to wheel with. Let me know what ya wanna do.
Old 07-03-2006, 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by RednekYank
I know a couple of places around my neck of the woods. They are kinda smaller and offer a good 30 minutes of wheelin before it just gets old. It would be fun to have someone else to mud with around here. I know of a couple of people in Greenville who wheel and i could try my best to arrange some wheelin up there. It wont be with yotas but i could get together some jeeps and f-150s for us to wheel with. Let me know what ya wanna do.
yeah man, i'm up for it, if you guys don't mind a newb. i know how sometimes people don't like newbs though. but if you guys don't mind that...i'd love to get together.

Quick Reply: Nc4roc?