California NorCal California NorCal Chapter

Website review

Old 07-01-2003, 06:23 PM
Contributing Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
California Website review

Ok kids,

I've put together a new version of the web site for california. As you'll see, some of the data (like the links page) just has some example information; obviously much, much more will be added over time.

I have only tested this w/ Internet Explorer at this time, so I can only assume Netscape/Opera/etc will be ok. I'm not doing anything really too fancy.

Take a look, make appropriate comments in this thread.

Additions, changes, deletions, etc.

CA4ROC Website

Now I gotta pay attention to that darn fool work thing...
Old 07-01-2003, 06:46 PM

I really like the layout! Easy to navigate. I think you forgot a state on your list though.
Old 07-01-2003, 06:47 PM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah, I like the layout also, very easy navigation.

Keep up the good work.
Old 07-01-2003, 06:48 PM
Contributing Member

nice looking site.

i'd add some kind of faded background in the main section so it's not so, well, boring looking. and mabe make the 4R O C in 4Runners Owners Club a little more contrasting, easier to read. but really, it does look pretty good now.
Old 07-01-2003, 07:17 PM
Contributing Member

Cebby,

aw crud, yer right. I did forget ya... you got anything in the works? Or should I just put another notyet site in?

CalRockx, heh... my horrible color choices are a legend in my company... I was being terribly conservative. I'll try and spruce up the bottom some (and make the 4 R O C painfully fluorescent.

Thanks all!
Old 07-01-2003, 07:22 PM

Yep, another "not yet". I just reserved PA4ROC.com and .org.

I hope to do some work on it this weekend.
Old 07-01-2003, 09:10 PM
Contributing Member

Looking good at the site!!
Sorry I won't be able to vote.
Traveling to AZ, UT, CO for a week or 10 days starting on Monday July 7th.
Old 07-02-2003, 04:53 AM
Contributing Member

Wow, I am impressed, nice work Scott!

Don't go too crazy on a flourescent logo....
Old 07-02-2003, 08:18 AM
Contributing Member

All right, just for calrockx, I made the lower section more interesting. I figure since it was his suggestion, he could contribute!

(and I added PA -> pa4roc.com when it appears)
Old 07-02-2003, 11:17 AM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by Scottiac
All right, just for calrockx, I made the lower section more interesting. I figure since it was his suggestion, he could contribute!

(and I added PA -> pa4roc.com when it appears)
haha, sweet! you didn't have to do that, anything would have worked, but that's awsome. nice to see this ca 4roc getting along further and further each day.
Old 07-02-2003, 11:42 AM
Contributing Member

Dang! I just checked out your site. I shouldda made *you* do all of this! Nice work!!

Of course, the irony of this is that the California site backdrop was taken in Colorado... The shame of it all!

Last edited by Scottiac; 07-02-2003 at 11:44 AM.
Old 07-02-2003, 12:14 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by Scottiac
Dang! I just checked out your site. I shouldda made *you* do all of this! Nice work!!

Of course, the irony of this is that the California site backdrop was taken in Colorado... The shame of it all!
shhh, don't tell
we can just say it was a ca studio backdrop...yeah that's it

hey if you ever need any help with the site, just let me know. i like doing that kind of thing. i was thinking about start the 4roc ca website, but i just never found the time. i'm glad you got things going tho, it looks good.
Old 07-04-2003, 05:11 PM

i like... i cant wait to get my 4roc stickers
Old 06-29-2004, 06:37 PM
Contributing Member

Awesome. Do we have monthly meetings? I'm up for chillen. The Runner will be rolling again very soon!

Steve
Old 07-03-2004, 06:06 PM
Contributing Member

Great work Scott!!!

Now we need to get some pics and video from some trails up there.

Are you going to post meets on the site??

Anything we can do to help?
Old 07-13-2004, 02:54 PM
Contributing Member

Do you need any help with the site?
Old 07-13-2004, 03:33 PM
Contributing Member

Ok, it's sounding like we have some critical mass for this whole project again. I've got 20 or so names to put together, and some more content to throw in place.

Mostly what I think we need is
a) Someone who wants to champion this beastie in general. Our last draftee moved out of state to avoid it! (thanks Tom! )

b) Someone who wants to make cool stickers (c'mon, that's what you all really want)

and c) Trail information by region of the state. I think we should gather a bunch of data for popular places to go, broken down into south, central, and north (boundaries to be fought out) and then start going. I definitely want to see some more norcal activities! I'm putting serious miles on to play down south!

For those who like web-working, a membership script of some sort to automate the gathering of names and presenting of relevant data would be most cool, and if we want to get really fancy, a way to let people register trails automagically.

I am going to be rehosting the site elsewhere in the next few days, so if people have a clear preference between a php/asp based site and what to contribute, please holler.

For those (call it everyone on earth) who are better graphics people than me, make suggestions/provide graphics/whatever to make the site look better.
Old 07-13-2004, 03:45 PM
Contributing Member

ASP, ASP, ASP!!!! (It's all I really know )

www.Brinkster.com hosts both ASP and PHP I think and allows databases.

Let me know if you need anything written in ASP. I can do graphics, but they'll come out just about like yours.

If we have access to a database server (or a Microsoft Access mdb file) I can hook you up with the necessary stuff for the registration and trail listing. Just let me know what you need.

Steve

Last edited by JoKEpLaYeR; 07-13-2004 at 03:51 PM.
Old 07-13-2004, 04:45 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by Scottiac
Ok, it's sounding like we have some critical mass for this whole project again. I've got 20 or so names to put together, and some more content to throw in place.

Mostly what I think we need is
a) Someone who wants to champion this beastie in general. Our last draftee moved out of state to avoid it! (thanks Tom! )

b) Someone who wants to make cool stickers (c'mon, that's what you all really want)

and c) Trail information by region of the state. I think we should gather a bunch of data for popular places to go, broken down into south, central, and north (boundaries to be fought out) and then start going. I definitely want to see some more norcal activities! I'm putting serious miles on to play down south!

For those who like web-working, a membership script of some sort to automate the gathering of names and presenting of relevant data would be most cool, and if we want to get really fancy, a way to let people register trails automagically.

I am going to be rehosting the site elsewhere in the next few days, so if people have a clear preference between a php/asp based site and what to contribute, please holler.

For those (call it everyone on earth) who are better graphics people than me, make suggestions/provide graphics/whatever to make the site look better.
a) I nominate......... Scott
b) Sorry can't help with that
c) Can help with that, can add some GPS waypoints, pics, vids, links, maps, etc of places I have been. Not much so far (that why we need to get out there and "record"). We should hit the sierras this summer, at least it is closer to you (See under Cal section here) 00Runner is looking for people to join him on slickrock.

I can help with some of the web stuff, will need to brush up on my skills though. I think lots of people have pics that can be added into it for graphics, but as in good graphic designs dont look this way ( I think I will beat you in terms of lack of graphical skill)