Notices
Customer Feedback For Vendors Use this forum for feedback good or bad on vendor's & dealer's you have dealt with

Sportztrailers.com

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2007, 10:02 AM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sportztrailers.com

Sportztrailers.com, or on ebay: sportztrailers-ebay

I gave them many chances to resolve my problem and am fed up, so here's my story and warning to others. If you buy from these guys, pray you get the right stuff. I got screwed on a set of wheels. They have good prices, but their cust. svc is horrible!

I'm gona try to make this as short as possible.

I ordered some wheels from these guys. They were the right bolt pattern & size so I put them away til I got tires.

I bought my tires and mounted them. When I try to put a wheel on it didn't fit. SPORTZTRAILERS SENT ME THE WRONG WHEELS. They sent me the hub-centric wheels for a Chevy.

Since it was on a wknd, I emailed them immediately. Mon, I didn't hear from them. So later that day, I called and explained. A guy named Terry tried to blame me for the mistake, then I walked him through my order process and he admitted, it was their error. They were going to setup a return, but I asked since I had mounted the tires if I could machine the hub and they pay for it? They said yes.

I got a quote for $80, I called them and then they said, they'd only give me $20.

I told them, then let's do a return. By when should I expect the right wheels? They tell me, "we're showing pro comp is all out of those wheels and we don't know if there will ever be more". Lol.. so I hung up and called 4wheelparts, 4wheelonline, & pro comp themselves. They all verified those wheels were in stock and ready to ship. I told sportztrailers, then he says leme ck. Calls me back and say, "oh those are already sold". We can have your wheels for you sometime in Jan. So the wheels that may never be available again, are now available in Jan? Hmmm I started getting a shady vibe, so I told them to just pay me for the machine repair like their manager Todd stated. They said no, so I opened a paypal dispute.

I was still trying to reach an agreement. I told them about the dispute and then they became VERY rude and said if I wanted to get the $20 they offered, I had to close the dispute 1st. Yeah right, I know how that works. I close the dispute and they blow me off for sure. I told them I wanted the machine work money and I had the receipt ($70). I emailed Randy, the owner and Donna, the dispute lady. No response from either. So lastly, I escalated to a claim. Paypal reviewed my claim and closed it in 10 mins. They said a claim can only be filed for "items not received" OR items not as described, BUT the latter had to be an eBay purchase only.

So I got screwed $70 and all the money to dismount, then re-mount and re-balance (the machine shop couldn't do it w/the tires on). Total of about $170.

I know these guys have a good eBay rating and maybe I just had terrible luck, but:

1) Initially tried to blame for ordering the wrong wheels.
2) Caught them lying about the wheel availability.
3) Didn't keep their word about wheel repair for their mistake.
4) Really bad customer service.

I also looked them up on pirate and there is a thread where they sent the guy the wrong winch like 4 times! and gave him bad CS as well. This was just my experience, but I won't order from these guys ever again!
Old 12-20-2007, 01:00 PM

That sounds like a bad deal, Thanks for the heads up.
Old 12-20-2007, 09:06 PM
Contributing Member

I had a good experience with them when I ordered wheels... I made sure to call and place my order due to the difference of the Chevy/ Toy wheels though
Old 12-20-2007, 10:40 PM

When I saw the title of this thread, I thought for sure it would be about Summit Racing. They have good prices and customer service, but my order always gets goofed up. I'll get the wrong items, extra items, other people's receipts. They always make it right immediately, but it's kind of become a joke in the house!
Old 12-21-2007, 04:23 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ouch, dont go rambo on em now
Old 12-21-2007, 07:25 AM
Contributing Member

Ya, you know I totally understand we are all human and mistakes happen, but what really got me mad was the way they handled it and treated me.

Especially where they lied to me about the wheel availability, like trying to scare me into never finding wheels like that again. And while all the other places said I'd have them in about 5 days. PLUS! If you look at their eBay site, they are still advertising 5 sets or so.

If anything I will take the blame for not test-fitting a wheel when they arrived. I did check the box and wheel and saw they were the size & bolt pattern I ordered. I honestly didn't know Chevy had a special hub-centric wheel. That was the store's job to check that. I've ordered from many places online & have had a lot of mistakes happen, but at least they all made it right. Didn't just try to weasel out of it and blow me off. The customer service part is what I'm mad about.