Notices
Customer Feedback For Vendors Use this forum for feedback good or bad on vendor's & dealer's you have dealt with

LC Engineering

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2007, 10:40 AM
Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
i dont understand how that is bad service? you always have to pay for something before you receive it... unless you do C.O.D. yes it sucks that they are back ordered but cut them some slack....
Old 03-05-2007, 11:05 AM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I could be wrong but I think I read where some other folks have had issues with LCE [parts availability excuses] as well.
Old 03-05-2007, 11:09 AM
Contributing Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
LCEngineering

They took a long time on my bore/port throttle body and plenum too.
However when I received it it was awesome. Top quality work, great packaging, and great performance. I recommend them, but it seems that they do take their time. Must be the influence of lake havasu and the houseboats/party culture
Old 03-05-2007, 03:52 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Tofer
i dont understand how that is bad service? you always have to pay for something before you receive it... unless you do C.O.D. yes it sucks that they are back ordered but cut them some slack....
Sure, but the issue here is that he's paying interest on something that he doesn't have.

So... he ordered the headers 2 weeks ago, they charged his card. If the card's billing cycle spins before he actually gets the headers (now projected out an additional week) he'll be stuck with 3 weeks of interest on something he doesn't have.

In the meantime, the company (LCE in this case) could effectively have already gotten "his" money and be using it to buy booze for the company picnic.
Old 03-05-2007, 04:31 PM

most companies will not charge your card until they ship your product. furthermore, they wont charge it if it is backordered because there is a definite chance that it will never come back in to stock.
Old 03-05-2007, 05:05 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by seanz0rz
most companies will not charge your card until they ship your product. furthermore, they wont charge it if it is backordered because there is a definite chance that it will never come back in to stock.
Yeup... Looks like LCE needed the cash though.

Last edited by midiwall; 03-05-2007 at 05:52 PM.
Old 03-05-2007, 05:46 PM
Contributing Member

LCE may be a great company. I'm just bothered by the fact that I ordered something, was charged for it immediately, told 7 days to send the part, and then the actual arrival day on my doorstep is 1 month (ship on 14th plus a week shipping time...) later...

Most of us order parts because a job is in progress. This was my case. I ordered the headers because I desperately needed them within 2 weeks. I was told that I would get the parts within that time frame.

I'm not upset at LCE and I'm not running them down. However, I do believe in voting with my money and I'll go somewhere that can send me parts when they say they will.

The lesson from this for me is to watch arrival dates more carefully to ensure you don't end up in my scenario which is cleaning up the now-rusted stock manifold to get it back on the truck so I can get it running (two fingers crossed).
Old 12-23-2007, 06:17 PM

LC Engineering threating legal action

I bought a 2.5 liter (22re) LC engineering EFI Pro Long Block and it spun a bearing around 2 months and 2,000 miles. I had the motor pulled and shipped to LC for inspection. They refused to honor the 3 month warranty claiming the failure was caused by the motor running too rich. About 2 years ago I put up a web page detailing everything that happened. I just recieved a Cease and Desist letter from LC Engineering threating legal action if I don't take the web page down. Apparently they just figured out that "LCEngineering 22RE Lemon" appears under their webpage when you google lcengineering.

Google

I'm not taking the web page down. It's absolutly rediculous that they want to cover up the facts and prevent others from being warned about what happened.

Don't make large purchases over the internet, you have no recourse without going to the state the vendor is located.
Old 12-23-2007, 06:38 PM

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
Tell 'em to go suck lemon's. Sorry...that slipped out.

But seriously, what a bunch of BS. Keep fightin' the good fight my brother!

P.S.

LCE sucks!

What are you gonna do, huh? Sue me too?!

Last edited by MudHippy; 12-23-2007 at 06:52 PM.
Old 12-23-2007, 06:44 PM
Contributing Member

Moved to vendor section.
Old 12-23-2007, 06:47 PM
tc
Contributing Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
You might want to talk to a lawyer, not a bunch of 'wheelers.

NOTE: I am not a lawyer, and I didn't stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night:

It is possible that disregarding the Cease and Desist order in itself is worse. I doubt when you go to court that "they didn't honor the warranty" will stand up - it will be "you received the order on December 23, 2007, as of (date) your website was still in operation" - hell they may type in the URL in the courtroom and show it still active and you're done.

The case COULD go like a slander case, in which YOU have the burden of proof that the bearing indeed spun because of their fault, and from what you say above, I don't think you have solid PROOF.
Old 12-23-2007, 08:02 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Pushing all the legal stuff aside for a moment,

I think its crap that a company featuring top of the line engines for our trucks wont out of courtesy help him out, even a bit. It sounds like poor assembly is at fault to me too or poor a quality bearing was used.

I dont think there is much you can do to get your money back, not to mention a new motor.
Old 12-23-2007, 08:48 PM

Location: I live in Red Bluff ca. Right by the Sacramento river
Dont take it down. there not going to go throuh the trouble. Hell, Id call them and tell them your gonna make 1000 more pages, and ruin there business, if they dont give you a new engine. 1 sale lost because of your page, wont be worth it to them. Good luck, and stick it to the man!!!!
Old 12-23-2007, 09:35 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
that's a load of crap. pardon you that you had a bad experience! jeez! i'd try to fight it, then counter sue for court fees. haha.
Old 12-24-2007, 12:30 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by tc
You might want to talk to a lawyer, not a bunch of 'wheelers.

NOTE: I am not a lawyer, and I didn't stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night:

It is possible that disregarding the Cease and Desist order in itself is worse. I doubt when you go to court that "they didn't honor the warranty" will stand up - it will be "you received the order on December 23, 2007, as of (date) your website was still in operation" - hell they may type in the URL in the courtroom and show it still active and you're done.

The case COULD go like a slander case, in which YOU have the burden of proof that the bearing indeed spun because of their fault, and from what you say above, I don't think you have solid PROOF.
LC Engineering has no proof that the motor was running too rich either so on what grounds did they reach their conclusion? At the same time though, there are always two sides to every story and we've only heard one. I think his website should stay up. It does not necessarily represent the truth, but the opinion of the author. I guess maybe free speech is only permitted when the audience likes what they are hearing.
Old 12-24-2007, 12:36 PM

host it on a foreign server, problem solved

i love loopholes

not that i had any plan on ever going to LCE considering shipping anything here can cost more than the part itself, but after reading that.. my decision is solidified

Last edited by fork; 12-24-2007 at 12:56 PM.
Old 12-24-2007, 04:43 PM

ive never heard of an engine spinning a bearing from running too rich.

They call your situation a latency defect.

Last edited by deserttoy84; 12-24-2007 at 04:56 PM.
Old 12-24-2007, 04:51 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Just one more reason I will never do buisness with them again.

I want to go down and their, them up, them and send on them, at them, bomb them, then finish it off with a good and

Sorry man im disgusted with them too. I feel a bit better after this post though
Old 12-25-2007, 08:42 AM

http://www.answers.com/topic/latent-defect?cat=biz-fin
Old 12-25-2007, 09:45 AM

Here is the deal on freedom of speech issues:
1) I'm entitled to my opinion as is LC Engineering. LC's opinion is that the motor failed because it was running too rich. My opinion and the opinion of dozen mechanics I've consulted with is that LC's opinion is full of . It is also the opinion of these mechanics that LC's opinion of the motor running too rich is highly unlikely and if it were running that rich it would have been running like crap and would not have passed smog in California. I believe the motor failed due to a faulty machine work and that they refused to honor the warranty because they know I live in another state and I would need to travel to Arizona to dispute their findings in court. The hassle of bringing expert witnesses to Arizona to fight them in court would cost as much as the engine. Especially when they're in possession of the engine and I'd need to get it back from them to have it inspected by prior to taking them to court. They have nothing to lose by not honoring the warranty, unless of course I tell the world what happened which I don't think they expected. I'm not going to be taken for $3,500 without warning others that it could happen to them.

2) You need to tell the truth. You can't make up lies with the intent of harming someone. The web page consists of facts, facts that LC doesn't want potential customers to know. LC doesn't want people to know that they sold a motor that failed within the warranty period and they refused to honor the warranty. This fact could cause them to lose motor sales. After all, if I knew they did this to someone, I wouldn't have risked $3,500. The motor failure is fact; the failure to honor the warranty is fact. The cause of the failure is opinion. I’m entitled to my opinion and so are they.

Freedom of speech on the Internet has become a big issue in recent years because the internet made it easy for an individual to publish information to the masses. Big companies with lots of money have been attempting to squash the opinions and facts published by individuals whose intent is to educate the public. My intent is not to cause LC harm. My intent is to share my experience so that others can make an decision of their own knowing the facts about what happened to me.

There are now anti-SLAPP (Strategic Lawsuits Against Public Participation) laws to protect individuals from companies that attempt to suppress the facts and opinions. There is a lot of information on the California Anti-SLAPP Project website.

FYI. Barrett v. Rosenthal established limits liability for Internet defamation. The decision holds that Internet users and providers are immune from civil liability for reposting third party content on the Internet. ie. This website cannot be sued for allowing me to post my opinion.

If LC were to pursue legal action to suppress my voice, I would make the details of the court action public and the case would cause them more harm than good. I'm pretty sure LC knows they have no right to control my speech. That's why the sent me a letter typed up by a secretary rather than something form a lawyer. Almost all companies of their size have a lawyer on retainer and if they had case against me it would have come from their lawyer, not from their receptionist.

Thanks for your opinions and support.

http://www.blowsand.com/truck/

Quick Reply: LC Engineering