Notices
Customer Feedback For Vendors Use this forum for feedback good or bad on vendor's & dealer's you have dealt with

Harbor Freight

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2008, 01:43 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 904_runner
Sorry, i didn't even bother to read the whole forum, but if i were you i would go to the fed-ex and get them to sign something saying it got returned! then you have proof, not just he said she said! Sorry if thats been stated, i didn't read it all
Not that easy. There's no local Fed-Ex in my city for one, the closest is over an hour away & the package got turned around at a facility in another state; which may or may not play into it. I took the name of the Philadelphia Fed-Ex rep. who I talked to & Harbor Freight knows who it is, I told them so they would know I called the shipper first.

Harbor Freight could just use tracking on their packages & solve a ton of problems I know they must have on a daily basis.

Old 03-19-2008, 09:42 AM

*UPDATE*

Called Harbor Freight customer service again today & was told the damaged part still hadn't made it back to them from Fed-Ex yet!

I cleared my throat & said..."Excuse me? You're telling me it hasn't made it back to you yet after nearly three months?!?!"

Response: "No sir it hasn't"

I then said, "Well I'm going to call my credit card company & have them reverse the charges on this item & you can send Fed-Ex by here to pick up the two boxes that arrived"

Response: "Hold for just one moment sir while I speak with my supervisor, maybe I'm making a mistake"

*music playing, sound of buttons on the phone being pushed*

Customer service rep: "Sir? Thank you for holding (babble in thick accent) The part you didn't receive is on backorder & should arrive here at our facility in twenty days."

SOOooo, I have to wait 20 days more to find out what the next excuse is going to be. I told the rep. I would wait 22 days & if I hadn't gotten a tracking number by then I was going to contact my credit card company; that may be bluster & it may not. After twenty more days I may be pissed off to the point that I won't even bother contacting Harbor Freight again & just go right to the credit card company.

I know one thing, that's the last Harbor Freight order I ever place.
Old 03-19-2008, 10:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I love HF, I am actually stopping by today to get some cheap sanding sponges. Sorry to hear about your experience, glad I never order from them.
Old 03-19-2008, 10:03 AM
Contributing Member

just cancel it, that is ridiculous on their part... send documentation to credit card company for this one though
Old 03-19-2008, 10:08 AM

i'd call B.S. and tell them it's been 3 FING MOS.!!!!! i need my stuff in 2-4 days or i'm going to reverse the charges & you can send fed-ex to pick the parts back up !!!! back order my ass!! and that you'll be spreading the word over thier piss poor cust.svc. (bad publicity is 10x worse than good) if it were me by now i'd have been screaming into the phone don't know how your'e keeping your cool over it.
Old 03-19-2008, 10:41 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by SC4Runner
I take it there are no Harbor Freight's around you?! I just drive to my local store..

Sorry to hear about your problems though. That is horrible.
Ditto that here, we were lucky enough to live 5 mins from one of the first stores in the midwest.

And i have to say that around here EVERYONE knows them and has at least 1 tool from there. They are great for cheap tools, not as good as craftman but for the price more than useablle. Also great for tools that you are just going to destroy in short order.

My garage is full of Harbor Freight tools!
Old 03-19-2008, 11:41 AM

fedex claims # 1-800-238-5355 call and say claims.......nuff said
Old 03-19-2008, 11:52 AM

If there was a local store I probably wouldn't hesitate to shop there since they have great prices on disposable junk but never another order shall I place.

Originally Posted by toyotaman11
i'd call B.S. and tell them it's been 3 FING MOS.!!!!! i need my stuff in 2-4 days or i'm going to reverse the charges & you can send fed-ex to pick the parts back up !!!! back order my ass!! and that you'll be spreading the word over thier piss poor cust.svc. (bad publicity is 10x worse than good) if it were me by now i'd have been screaming into the phone don't know how your'e keeping your cool over it.
Well I'm usually a pretty understanding person, mistakes get made & getting my blood pressure up won't get the part to me any faster....but I also have a ferocious, explosive temper once I've had my fill of a problem.....but usually that doesn't get displayed except in person & over personal matters. I rarely lose it over business ventures that go South.

Last edited by Brenjen; 03-19-2008 at 11:57 AM.
Old 03-19-2008, 12:19 PM
Contributing Member

Very wise, why getting upset over buissness is a sure fire tieckt to a date with 6 feet of dirt.
Old 04-22-2008, 07:56 AM

Well here it is April 22nd; my last call to the CS line I was told they would ship out the missing box on April 10th so I waited until today to give them plenty of time to get their ducks in a row.

What was I told today? Sorry sir, we will ship that out June 6th.

Long story short I said no thanks & asked for a refund, now I'm waiting on return shipping labels (5-7 business days) & they have to receive the boxes back before the refund will be issued; that wouldn't bother me except for the obvious ineptitude they have displayed simply filling an order so now I'm wondering if I'll end up with nothing in the end & still being charged.

Screw Harbor Freight. My advice; small purchases or brick & mortar. Have it in your hands when you leave.
Old 04-22-2008, 09:09 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by Brenjen
Well here it is April 22nd; my last call to the CS line I was told they would ship out the missing box on April 10th so I waited until today to give them plenty of time to get their ducks in a row.

What was I told today? Sorry sir, we will ship that out June 6th.

Long story short I said no thanks & asked for a refund, now I'm waiting on return shipping labels (5-7 business days) & they have to receive the boxes back before the refund will be issued; that wouldn't bother me except for the obvious ineptitude they have displayed simply filling an order so now I'm wondering if I'll end up with nothing in the end & still being charged.

Screw Harbor Freight. My advice; small purchases or brick & mortar. Have it in your hands when you leave.

Too bad, i can't say anything about there online service but in store they are great. Something doesn't work you bring it in and they give you a new one. Litteraly no questions asked.

Hope you get it worked out!
Old 04-22-2008, 10:06 AM

The following anecdote has as it's segway, Harbor Freight. That is the only nexus to the topic of this thread.

When we lived (...and I use that term loosely) in Phoenix, I had occasion (driven by desparation) to visit the local Harbor Freight. After a few minutes of browsing, I found the cheapo Chinese imitation of what at another store would be an authentic tool. While waiting in an impossibly slow line, I noticed a toddler being held (..read: restrained) by his father who stood three equally impatient patrons in front of my position.

Usually I entertain myself by capturing the youngsters' attention and retaining it with surreptitiously composed silly faces and gestures. This whiney youth would have no part of it. In fact, I noticed he was exceptionally agitated....and pale; a condition unusual for sunny Arizona in the late spring. While I considered the misplaced spectacle of the youngling's palor, I resolved he must be sick.

Almost on queue, the child's face contorted briefly and with a bark, projectile vomited on his previously distracted father and two of the three mortified individuals who simultaneously stood between me and the cash register, and me and the repetitively hurtling emesis; reflexively, we stiffened and then evaded. I moved casually to the end of the parallel line.

They were still cleaning the puke as I exited the storefront glad that I had moved past the toddler phase of my life....for now. I understand the eldest Jr. Fuster has just become engaged. Conceivably, barring any physiological malfuctions (shooting blanks etc.), I could be a grandfather within 18 months and back in toddler-sphere with 36 months. Joy to the world.
Old 04-22-2008, 12:13 PM

i think i'd make the hr or so drive and return them to the closeset (?) store and get a refund that way you KNOW your'e getting your cc charged back. or throw it thru the window (j/k) hope it works out for ya.
Old 04-22-2008, 01:42 PM

Congrats to your son on the engagement Fuster; I hope it all works out well & the off-spring are healthy & projectile vomit free. My oldest daughter fired poo under pressure into my hand & shirt pocket one day as I was changing her diaper....priceless.

I was blissfully unaware of Harbor freight back then.
Old 04-22-2008, 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by Brenjen
Congrats to your son on the engagement Fuster; I hope it all works out well & the off-spring are healthy & projectile vomit free. My oldest daughter fired poo under pressure into my hand & shirt pocket one day as I was changing her diaper....priceless.

I was blissfully unaware of Harbor freight back then.
Thanks man. He has come a long way. This is a real mile marker for him. As you've vividly illustrated, we parents invest more than cash and time into our childrens' lives. When they fail, we wilt. When they succeed, we are grateful and proud.

Hehe. I'd say you were mired by a warp core breach....My sons had a few of their own. There were times when the usual diaper changing regimen was futile and the only rational course was to hose 'em off in the shower.

Hope you can work your deal out with Harbor Freight.
Old 04-23-2008, 05:31 AM

Originally Posted by fustercluck
Thanks man. He has come a long way. This is a real mile marker for him. As you've vividly illustrated, we parents invest more than cash and time into our childrens' lives. When they fail, we wilt. When they succeed, we are grateful and proud.

Hehe. I'd say you were mired by a warp core breach....My sons had a few of their own. There were times when the usual diaper changing regimen was futile and the only rational course was to hose 'em off in the shower.

Hope you can work your deal out with Harbor Freight.

I'll be satisfied enough as long as they actually refund & I don't have to get my CC co. involved....they're worse than Harbor Freight. I realize problems happen with large co.'s & not every single customer can be 100% satisfied every time so as long as I get my money back I'll count myself lucky & move on.

As far as the kids go...ha-ha; well kids are an adventure that's for sure! I'm proud of both my girls, my oldest (the pocket pooping bandit) has such fantastic grades she's in all sorts of academic clubs & has many frame worthy scholastic awards. She's receiving "come to our college" mail from the likes of MIT, Oxford, Duke etc. & she's only 15. If she & her sister stay out of the trailer park, stay off drugs & don't get married or pregnant at the expense of their own futures I'll die a happy man. The second oldest has grades that are nearly as good as her older sisters, she missed all A's this 9 weeks by one point.
Old 04-23-2008, 09:35 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have 2 harbor freighht items...some jackstands and an aluminum floor jack..both work great!

everything else I bought from there has broken, caught on fire or exploded....hope that helps!
Old 04-23-2008, 03:05 PM

My dial indicator & air hose from there work fine...certain things I just wouldn't buy from HF....I suppose for the sake of keeping it interesting I could say "as soon as I put the air line onto the compressor, it & my impact wrench flipped & burst into flames"

Old 04-23-2008, 08:33 PM

most of the stuff I get from harbor freight breaks. Not because of malfunction but more operator abuse

I have an air-wrench, welder, hood, gloved, tons of air fitings, and an air hose that still work good. RIP the $9.99 cordless drill, couldn't take being thrown into the bed of my truck and sliding around in it, lasted about a year then broke in half, literally.
Old 04-23-2008, 09:08 PM

I've only bought from the store - never mail order. And again, most of the stuff is cheap but for the amount I use it, it's been OK for the most part. I get stuff like seal drivers, heat shrink tubing, pullers, vices, stuff like that. I also got a pretty sweet tiny butane torch that's awesome for lighting cigars!

I don't think I'd buy mail order from them because even locally their customer service isn't real swift. To me it's a cash and carry cheapo tool place.

Quick Reply: Harbor Freight