Offroad Tech Discussion pertaining to additions or questions which improve off-road ability, recovery and safety, such as suspension, body lifts, lockers etc
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Final (?) post, 3rd Gen. skids finished, pic intensive long post

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2003, 04:54 PM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mike (N.),

Obviously, you haven't heard from me, and to be honest, I wasn't sure how I was going to formulate what I was going to say. But, we're all big boys here. Anyway, the main reason I have backed out is due to the previous unforeseen introduction of the ORS plates in the near term. I only had seen the one Tacoma prototype on their site for awhile and couldn't make anything of it.

Knowing that Kerry had the ORS one for the 4Runner, I checked it out a couple weeks back to see what it was about. I will now wait for both of those units to go live for myself.

I'm sure you'll have no problems selling the remaining 7 or 8, though I am surprised it has taken this long for the first 4. Steve wasn't kidding, but you know now where I stand. Not sure about any of the others.

Regards,
Darren
Old 09-23-2003, 05:15 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by Darren
Mike (N.),

Obviously, you haven't heard from me, and to be honest, I wasn't sure how I was going to formulate what I was going to say. But, we're all big boys here. Anyway, the main reason I have backed out is due to the previous unforeseen introduction of the ORS plates in the near term. I only had seen the one Tacoma prototype on their site for awhile and couldn't make anything of it.

Knowing that Kerry had the ORS one for the 4Runner, I checked it out a couple weeks back to see what it was about. I will now wait for both of those units to go live for myself.

I'm sure you'll have no problems selling the remaining 7 or 8, though I am surprised it has taken this long for the first 4. Steve wasn't kidding, but you know now where I stand. Not sure about any of the others.

Regards,
Darren
The last one was purchased this morning, as far as I know they are all gone. There is NOT one set aside for you, or for anyone else for that matter. If Mike N does not already have your $$$ you missed out.

We sold your plate a week ago Darren !!! We sold Mike Browns too.
Old 09-23-2003, 06:26 PM

Gone.

To be honest, I really didn't care who bought them, I was quite sure they would sell. They are double tough and I'm very confident in my engineering and the help that I received from Steve and welder d00d.

To all of those who have purchased, thank you and I am quite sure you will be more than happy with your purchase.

They will be shipping on Monday the 29th and Tuesday the 30th.

To those who didn't buy one and wanted / pledged one... I never crammed this down anybody's throat. If you want the ORS, Trail Carnage, my design, whatever. I don't get butt hurt over peeps wanting to do something else.

If there is enough cash interest (I feel the Tacoma IFS population seeing a sudden interest, maybe I'm clairvoyant) I'll make more.

Mike
Old 09-23-2003, 10:23 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by azrain
To be honest, I really didn't care who bought them,
Down with the swirl, Baby !!!

I'm just happy this Tour of Duty is over.

Old 09-24-2003, 10:16 AM

Originally posted by sschaefer3
We sold your plate a week ago Darren !!! We sold Mike Browns too.
I've not been on the board for the past week. I guess I missed this by a day, because I just PayPal'ed Mike the money this morning. (Be sure and send it back. )

My folks were in town visting, and then the rest of my free time has been dedicated to trying get this DVD thing together. (I know how these projects can morf into full-time monsters!) But it's a labor of love, and I think the finished product is going to be excellent.

Like Darren, I was considering the ORS option. I like the fact that it might help add strength to the frame. (Now why am I interested in that?? Got a $435 esitmate last week to bend my frame back into place.) The ORS transfer case guard looks really good in that repsect, too. Put together, it seems frame bending might become less likely.

The one thing I wonder about the ORS skid is if it can really take a strong verticle banging in the back. It seems like all the pressure will be absorbed by the frame bolts (which might be adequate, I don't know). Te front seems like it would be fine, mounted securely to the underside of the frame.

By the way, Steve, I put a TJM bumper on last week. It's the cool one without the loops. Donna likes it a lot better.

Last edited by Aurora Sandman; 09-24-2003 at 10:18 AM.
Old 09-24-2003, 10:47 AM
Contributing Member

Cool Steve. Thanks. No hurry though, you have been busting your a$$ on those skids. I'm just glad they all sold so fast.
Old 09-24-2003, 02:45 PM
Contributing Member

Get them out of here !!!

Old 09-24-2003, 06:53 PM

Originally posted by Aurora Sandman
I've not been on the board for the past week. I guess I missed this by a day, because I just PayPal'ed Mike the money this morning. (Be sure and send it back. )

My folks were in town visting, and then the rest of my free time has been dedicated to trying get this DVD thing together. (I know how these projects can morf into full-time monsters!) But it's a labor of love, and I think the finished product is going to be excellent.

Like Darren, I was considering the ORS option. I like the fact that it might help add strength to the frame. (Now why am I interested in that?? Got a $435 esitmate last week to bend my frame back into place.) The ORS transfer case guard looks really good in that repsect, too. Put together, it seems frame bending might become less likely.

The one thing I wonder about the ORS skid is if it can really take a strong verticle banging in the back. It seems like all the pressure will be absorbed by the frame bolts (which might be adequate, I don't know). Te front seems like it would be fine, mounted securely to the underside of the frame.

By the way, Steve, I put a TJM bumper on last week. It's the cool one without the loops. Donna likes it a lot better.
Refunded as of 7:53 MST.

Mike
Old 09-24-2003, 06:54 PM

Originally posted by sschaefer3
Get them out of here !!!
See you Friday night, around 7:00?

Mike
Old 09-24-2003, 07:00 PM
Contributing Member

See you Friday night, around 7:00?

Mike
Sounds good.
Old 09-24-2003, 07:55 PM

Refunded as of 7:53 MST.
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: <-- our whole family

Last edited by Aurora Sandman; 09-24-2003 at 07:57 PM.
Old 09-24-2003, 08:19 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by Aurora Sandman
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: <-- our whole family
A little beat up but better than nothing.

Old 09-24-2003, 08:41 PM

Better than tin-can stock!
Old 09-27-2003, 05:08 PM
Contributing Member

The middle supports are done. I will be contacting the skid buyers privately in the next few days.

I will be sending them all out in 1 big batch, only once. Like the skids it will be a limited time thing.
Old 09-27-2003, 08:14 PM
Contributing Member

Count me in

I want a set!
Old 09-28-2003, 05:35 AM
Contributing Member

Re: Count me in

Originally posted by Albuquerque Jim
I want a set!
As soon as Nevitt sends me a list, I'll send out the center support info.
Old 09-29-2003, 08:01 AM
Contributing Member

The buyers have been contacted reguarding the center supports. You have unilt October 6 to send in paymet for the supports. After that you get to make them yourself.
Old 09-29-2003, 09:27 AM

Talking

Mike's been busy recovering from the long nasty week and stays away from the computer on weekends...

Center supports. Steve likes them, if you want some, get some. I personally don't think I need them because the curbs and parking blocks on my side of town aren't that tall... Seriously, I have my resons I think I don't need them and Steve firmly believes they do. Make your own choice here.

All the production units are sold, however, I have received financial backing (deposits) for five more with the contingency of getting five more deposits. I can only make these in lots of ten to be cost effective. Lead time is approximately eight weeks (now that all the bugs are worked out). For anyone else interested, contact me through email. Regardless I have to make one more anyhow... Long story.

Mike
Old 09-29-2003, 09:31 AM

It's funny how all of us seem to be built the same. We love punishment, don't we, in some form or fashion.

Chris
Old 09-29-2003, 10:53 AM
Contributing Member

All the production units are sold, however, I have received financial backing (deposits) for five more with the contingency of getting five more deposits. I can only make these in lots of ten to be cost effective. Lead time is approximately eight weeks (now that all the bugs are worked out). For anyone else interested, contact me through email. Regardless I have to make one more anyhow... Long story.
Don't take offence, but I want nothing to do with this what so ever. You’re on your own.

Quick Reply: Final (?) post, 3rd Gen. skids finished, pic intensive long post