Prerunner & All 2WD Rigs Discussions pertaining to non 4WD rigs

Any Interest in complete rolling chassis?

Old 12-14-2016, 12:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any Interest in complete rolling chassis?

In the near future I am going to have a complete 1985 extended cab rolling chassis with a 2wd 22re Fuel Injected, 5 speed. It runs and drives fine. a lot of new parts. it will come complete with the wiring harness and computers. This is a rust free California truck.

Just wondering if I should part it out or sell as a unit.
Old 12-15-2016, 05:06 AM
Super Moderator
Staff

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
I had to do a frame swap on a two wheel drive truck years ago due to frame rust. Wish you were closer to me as I have thought of building an extended cab two wheel drive for a work truck as they get better mileage but got plenty on my list to do now so would pass on it. If it were me , I would find a forum where they do the low riding, mini truck site and see if there is some interest there. I am sure some one needs one some where. This site being more of a 4x4 site, may not be able to sell as quickly. I have heard of some SASing a two wheel drive frame.

Not trying to run you off so dont take it that way, just trying to help you with the best chance of selling it. If it were me, I would try and sell it whole. Parting a truck out you really get stuck with a big shell.
Old 12-16-2016, 06:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No problem, I noticed this was more of a Macho 4X4 fourm years ago!

I have posted in a couple other fourms. I just figured its a rust free frame and have helped a few guys do the front end swaps on the 2wd frame to put under 4X4 trucks, I find it so much easier to have a spare frame to work on before ripping into a daily driver.

The only thing Im keeping from my truck is just the shell, I may sell off the bed if I decide not to put it back on.

Originally Posted by Terrys87
I had to do a frame swap on a two wheel drive truck years ago due to frame rust. Wish you were closer to me as I have thought of building an extended cab two wheel drive for a work truck as they get better mileage but got plenty on my list to do now so would pass on it. If it were me , I would find a forum where they do the low riding, mini truck site and see if there is some interest there. I am sure some one needs one some where. This site being more of a 4x4 site, may not be able to sell as quickly. I have heard of some SASing a two wheel drive frame.

Not trying to run you off so dont take it that way, just trying to help you with the best chance of selling it. If it were me, I would try and sell it whole. Parting a truck out you really get stuck with a big shell.
Old 03-15-2017, 11:31 PM

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts
Might want to try to throw a thread up in the classified section, someone out there wants a clean frame to sas I bet.

Search this Thread