Sig Sauer P229 9mm - Page 3 - YotaTech Forums

Sportsman Section Hunting, guns/rifles, knives, archery, and fishing topics go here

Sig Sauer P229 9mm

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-14-2009, 08:51 AM   #41
Sponsoring Member

Okay, here's my actual 220 sport.

fustercluck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 08:53 AM   #42
Contributing Member

thats purty. love the knife prop look as well.
Texas_Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 08:53 AM   #43
Sponsoring Member

I painted the Sig logo for fun...

Old 01-14-2009, 08:56 AM   #44
Sponsoring Member

Here we can better view the expansion chamber within the compensator. This behaves more effectively than ported barrels and barrel mounted compensators.

Old 01-14-2009, 09:01 AM   #45
Sponsoring Member

...and some SOG knives. Top to bottom: Seal Pup, Seal Team, Tigershark...all made in Seki, Japan. Tigershark shows finish scuffs because one of the treasonous Jr Fusters snagged it from my desk top and hacked at a tree stump. The Sig is sporting the Hogue grips.

Old 01-14-2009, 09:03 AM   #46
Sponsoring Member

Walnut grips and Cold Steel Recon Tanto...

Old 01-14-2009, 09:09 AM   #47
Sponsoring Member

This image shows the slide cycled. Note the bull barrel and the sight relationship. Some folks make their own 220 Sport by adding the muzzle brake/compensator to a standard 220 with an extended barrel. However one can always spot a re-creation because the front sight is dovetailed onto the slide and not the compensator.

The bayonet is a Swiss make that I use on my Benelli shot gun.

Old 01-14-2009, 09:11 AM   #48
Sponsoring Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_Ace View Post
thats purty. love the knife prop look as well.
Thanks man. If you ever find yourself in the SLC area and have a few minutes, we'll go shoot it.
Old 01-14-2009, 09:42 AM   #49
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fustercluck View Post
Thanks man. If you ever find yourself in the SLC area and have a few minutes, we'll go shoot it.
If i ever venture that far north i will be sure to look you up, and bring along some of my stuff as well.
Old 01-14-2009, 11:17 AM   #50
Co-Founder/Administrator
Staff

Is there a Sig in this

[YOUTUBE]qF-4QkBj3l8[/YOUTUBE]
Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 11:27 AM   #51
Contributing Member

There's nothing wrong with hacking at stumps with knives fuster that's one of the things they are for... some folks make good money carving stumps into art and statues and they all had to start some place... now if the jr. fuster in question had their own knife[s] they would not have had to "borrow" daddy's...
aviator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 02:15 PM   #52
Contributing Member

good discussion guys, great pix of some really nice arms. my iron is rather old, high standards 'victor' from my competition days, s&w model 66 4" and s&w model 29 6". ive always wanted the 1911, nostalga maybe! reading about the sig has given me options.

one of the guys i used to shoot with, had a sig, cant remember model etc but it was 9mm and i had the opportunity to shoot it. it handled well, very smooth, easy mag changes for the size of it.

fink, make that sub-forum already!

lee
leebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 05:32 PM   #53
Sponsoring Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviator View Post
There's nothing wrong with hacking at stumps with knives fuster that's one of the things they are for... some folks make good money carving stumps into art and statues and they all had to start some place... now if the jr. fuster in question had their own knife[s] they would not have had to "borrow" daddy's...
Hehe. You're right. He does have his own, but the grass is always greener.
Old 01-14-2009, 05:32 PM   #54
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4Fink View Post

That holster is slick, is it as comfortable as they say?

Fink
It is comfy. I've never had anyone ask if I was carrying...and I carry pretty much everywhere (except work). You just can't see the pistol (which is the point) .

Here's my HS just for kicks. A tad rare nowadays with the XD in full swing. That was my AZ CCW, which is still good, but I now have one in WA (which was WAY easier and cheaper to obtain). Go figure.

rimpainter.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 06:36 PM   #55
Contributing Member

interesting holster, i am loooking for one that doesn't buldge on skinny guys like me. So far the only thing that works is a belly holster but i would rather one that is closer to my wallet so that it would be easier to draw and catch a crook off guard if needed.
Old 01-14-2009, 07:12 PM   #56
Contributing Member

I'm not sure what you consider skinny, but I'm about 6' and 185lbs with a 33" waist. Anyway, Crossbreed is one option for you, among many.
rimpainter.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 07:27 PM   #57

Fink, where do you go shooting around here, any special place? I usually wind up down at Ozark Sportsmans supply... If you ever need anyone to go shoot with let me know...Im always down to shoot money down range, when I have time.
digitalracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 08:03 PM   #58
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by <96 Runner> View Post
I'm not sure what you consider skinny, but I'm about 6' and 185lbs with a 33" waist. Anyway, Crossbreed is one option for you, among many.
Well lets just say that slightly skinnier at:

6'2" and 163lb

The worst part is that i usually wear cloths that are light and airy but they also show a buldge easily.

All the holsters I have tied so far except the belly holster are fairly noticable, at least more then i like.
Old 01-15-2009, 01:12 PM   #59
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fustercluck View Post
I painted the Sig logo for fun...

Wow, not only an amazing piece of machinery but a very intimidating pic to boot...nice.

I envy your arsenal fuster, I truly do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leebee View Post
good discussion guys, great pix of some really nice arms. my iron is rather old, high standards 'victor' from my competition days, s&w model 66 4" and s&w model 29 6". ive always wanted the 1911, nostalga maybe! reading about the sig has given me options.

one of the guys i used to shoot with, had a sig, cant remember model etc but it was 9mm and i had the opportunity to shoot it. it handled well, very smooth, easy mag changes for the size of it.

fink, make that sub-forum already!

lee
Honestly haven't had time to even propose the idea, but I will and hopefully it won't get veto'd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by <96 Runner> View Post
It is comfy. I've never had anyone ask if I was carrying...and I carry pretty much everywhere (except work). You just can't see the pistol (which is the point) .

Here's my HS just for kicks. A tad rare nowadays with the XD in full swing. That was my AZ CCW, which is still good, but I now have one in WA (which was WAY easier and cheaper to obtain). Go figure.

I think the only thing that makes me hesitant about that holser is the size of it.
Looks like you'd be sticking a manilla folder down your pants (for the lack of a better analogy of course).

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalracer View Post
Fink, where do you go shooting around here, any special place? I usually wind up down at Ozark Sportsmans supply... If you ever need anyone to go shoot with let me know...Im always down to shoot money down range, when I have time.
Well I work for the Rogers Police/Fire Department and we have our own range (outdoor) that I can use any time when the daylight is adequate.
However lately I have been ponying up the $8 to go shoot at Ozark Sportsman.

We should definitley go shoot sometime, where in NWA are you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_Ace View Post
Well lets just say that slightly skinnier at:

6'2" and 163lb

The worst part is that i usually wear cloths that are light and airy but they also show a buldge easily.

All the holsters I have tied so far except the belly holster are fairly noticable, at least more then i like.
Psh, you think you're skinny?

How about 6' 220lbs!
I'm more braun than anything but I've got me a belly - does help hide holsters though.

You might look into the Galco one that eluded to earlier on in the thread.
I know several officers that are similar in size that carry it off-duty with no problems at all.

Fink
Fink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 05:30 PM   #60

Funny you should ask... I actually live down the street and around the corner from you. Yeah Im the guy that drives the white Tacoma. I finally finished my front bumper too...
digitalracer is offline   Reply With Quote