Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

What's it worth?

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2016, 07:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What's it worth?

Hello!

Understanding this is my first post I'll give a quick intro before I get into it.

I've had an 02 4Runner 4wd no locker with 136,000 miles on it for about a year now. I've paint matched the front and rear bumpers, added a black TRD decal on the rear and overall just cleaned things up on it. The last few months I've been tossing the idea of selling it around and figured I would ask the most knowledgeable people I could find on the subject on figuring out what it's worth. I'll list details and description below.

2002 Jade Metallic 4Runner 4WD 136,000
I have all service records and owner notes throughout it's entire history.

Completely unmolested, never had lift kits, cutting, welding, nothing ever done to it. NEVER been wheeled, mud bogged, or seen any rocks.

Undercarriage:

It did spend a small amount of time in the "Rust Belt" but contains no body rust or frame rust anywhere except some minor surface rust around weld joints and up in the rear bumper. It appears that the owner who had it in the rust belt took copius amounts of time and pressure washed the undercarriage a lot. I couldn't believe the only bad spots were the rear axel and rear bumper, the rest of it looks like it never spent a day in the north.

The only "problem area" to be found underneath the truck is the rear axel housing. It had some decent rust on it that I blasted off with a wire wheel, treated the spots as best as I could to inhibit the corrosion and hit it with some undercoating.

The rear bumper also has some rust on the inside in the middle portion of the bumper, and the passenger side is starting to get some pin holes through it. Both the bumper "end" caps should probably be replaced, I planned on doing that in the near future.

The rest of the underside has NEVER been sprayed over with undercoating anywhere and is all the original Toyota paint/coating etc etc. It took me 5 months of searching to find this 4Runner, and I did my due diligence in researching and inspecting it before I bought it. So you can rest assured it is a solid 4runner.

Body/paint:

I'd give the paint and solid 7/10. It has normal wear and tear scratches and previous owners have used touch up paint markers in a few places to go over scratches

I'd give the body a solid 8/10. No major dents except a single what appears to be hail dent the size of a quarter in the hood. The front bumper has a dent in the front and one of the rear side bumpers also has a dent.

Interior:

10/10 The interior is flawless, no seat rips, tears, carpet stains, never smoked in and everything works great.

It has a kenwood head unit and JL audio speakers all around and a wired in amp all done professionally and correctly. XM radio is also hardwired into the head unit.

Tires/Wheels:

Tires are brand new, nothing special just goodyear trailmarks

Wheels are TRD Ivan stewarts, they have some minor blemishes but no curb rash or anything else.

Mechanical history:

After reviewing over a hundred service records and notes, all maintence has been kept perfectly such as timing belts etc etc. The only major mechanical operation it had done was it received a donor transmission at 95,000 miles. Records indicate erratic shifting etc, no pink milkshake ever mentioned.

Mods:

99 Highlander springs and billstein shocks all around
TRD Ivan Stewart Wheels
90 Mod
Deckplate Mod
Intake Silencer removed
TRD Decals
New Kenwood head unit
JL Audio speakers, tweeters
AMP
JL Audio sub box.
Husky Liner mats Front, Rear and Cargo
Removed running boards
Painted flares with black bedliner

Factory Options:
4WD
Sunroof
Tan Leather

I only have limited photos that I can get uploaded right now, but here they are.

Thanks in advance for your time and any opinions you may have.

Last edited by Ijmrunner; 03-10-2016 at 07:28 AM.
Old 03-10-2016, 06:06 PM

Received 68 Likes on 63 Posts
I won't tell you how much your truck is worth but I got a mint fully loaded 99 Limited, leather roof rack, Flares, fully stock, mint rims, no scratches, zero rust except slight surface rust on the rear drive shaft and a very minor 1/4" ding, multi mode 4wd/4x4, e-locker, heat front seats, Lexus salesman maintained, no rust anywhere, it had 90,000mi/146,000km on it when I test drove it at the Lexus dealership and the timing belt was just done at 87,000mi, new tires, new battery, Heated garage kept, the salesmen's 100lb wife upgraded, and I bought it for $7500 CAN, I've seen worse go for more though, and I've seen some ridiculously high milage vehicles going for $5000, so aim high like $10,000-$9000 and if it doesn't sell you won't care cause you couldn't replace it unless you spent 15,000 for a newer 03-08' 4runner with equivalent miles.
Old 03-10-2016, 11:48 PM

Received 99 Likes on 86 Posts
Red face

It is only worth what someone is willing to pay!! Compared to just how bad you need to sell it.

These vehicles have a very regional market .
Old 03-11-2016, 07:15 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
^

I'm guessing $6500 around my area, due to low mileage and it's very clean. Brother bought a nice Limited with elocker with 250k miles for $5500 FWIW.