Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Well they broke into my 03

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2003, 09:10 PM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chris,

That sucks man. I had about four stereos ripped off in California and it really just makes you feel violated. The perps should have thier f*&^$%# hands cut off!

I hope it all works ot for you.
Old 07-25-2003, 09:20 PM
Bud

Chris,
Thats a heartbreaker... sorry about your alpine.

I've almost bought an alpine cd/mp3 (they look nice) few months back to replace my stock cd/tape radio but i couldnt stand the thought of having same lowlife taking it away.

thats the only reason why i havent bought one yet..

kinda' blows...

i have a clifford alarm but i dont even trust the P.O.S.
I just got the alarm so i dont have to use the keys to get into my truck.
Old 07-26-2003, 08:50 AM
Contributing Member

Sorry to hear about your rig. It'll all come back around. Those ˟˟˟˟s will continue to live a pathetic life, Hopefully they'll even get to experience an early death. Just try to be thankful they didn't trash your ride even worse.

I hope all works out well.
Old 07-26-2003, 08:53 AM

doesnt your insurence cover it?
makes me feel good up here in BC Canada if someone breaks into my truck i pay 300 bucks and i get a whole new sound system.... (300 bucks for replacment of about 4000-5000 system cdn funds) isnt a bad payment.
Old 07-26-2003, 10:00 AM

I have a 1k deductible and full glass. The glass will be cover but not anything else cause it doesnt cost 1k. Insurance here right now for me is very high cause im only 23 so i have such a high deductible so my insurance isnt really ridiculous, just ridiculous9 (5k a year). Plus all the little nicks it put in certain parts of my interior will not be covered, you would be surprised what falling glass can do.

Chris
Old 07-26-2003, 10:19 AM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by kronicx

*EDIT: I don't even think Best Buy sells the alarms (from looking at their website), so I wouldn't install it there.
Best Buy sells alarms. I think the brand they sell is called Black Widow?
My sister has it. I don't know how well it works but the remote has a pretty good range.

Sorry to hear about the break in.
Old 07-26-2003, 12:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
How the hell did I miss this, anyways sorry this ˟˟˟˟ happened to you impulse, why people can't buy their own stuff.

I have been looking into an aftermarket alarm for when I start to dump money into my ride but since I go into Queens and Manhattan alot and usually park on the street Im stayin away from rims cause they draw attention, someone on the Nissan board who got broken into actually set up cameras where he parks to watch his car your place has no cameras
Old 07-26-2003, 12:28 PM

holy crud man,,,5k a year usd...even a lambourghini here wouldnt cost that much...im 19 and it cost me 2700cdn (about 2200 usd)...that sucks man
Old 07-26-2003, 05:00 PM

yeah the funny part was i was going to get an alarm installed this week a Viper 790XV. so now i first have to fix my window a nice 390 dollars and live with the rest of the minor nicks and scratches on my door(a few small scratchs and two chips) and interior (nothing anyone normal would see but i know there) . Window gets fixed on monday alarm gets installed on tuesday.

Now i have to worry about the asshole coming back after i fix all this. After this happen I spoke to a few employees of the business i parked in front of and they told me someone has been coming on the block for the last few weeks breaking into cars. One of the girls that came out (oh was she hot) got hers broken into 2 days before me.

Oh and another note I passed by my car on my way back from a job site at 2:45 my car was fine. At like 3:05 when i went to go home they had broken into my car. Freaking 20 minutes. AHHHHHHHH

Chris

Last edited by impulsebrklyn; 07-26-2003 at 05:05 PM.
Old 07-26-2003, 08:35 PM

I know how you feel impulse. I live in the NYC and had my whip broken into a few times. Get that alarm system and some dark tints, that's probably the best way to go. Was the face on or off when they stole it?
Old 07-26-2003, 08:38 PM

the units face hides itself, it have a motorized face when extended its like a din and a half in size. The guy must have know exactly what he was looking for. it looks like this closed.

Im gonna find out about getting the tint done when i have the window fixed. Im hoping they can tint all the windows to max legal at the same time.

Chris

Last edited by impulsebrklyn; 07-26-2003 at 08:39 PM.
Old 07-28-2003, 04:52 PM

well i guess the mods will continue tommorow it will be a busy day for my 4runner. I got the new window this morning, so now i can atleast drive it around. Tommorow is a big day

Viper 790xv 2 way pager
Secondary insde cabin Mini Piezo Siren
Audio Sensor
Invisibeam® Field Disturbance Sensor (2 zone radar)
ANd a backup battery if the decide to get under my hood and disconnect my battery

Also on the list is all the way around window tinting.
Aswell as a new Eclipse cd8443 headunit (try something different)

Ill post some pictures tommorow or wed. Oh for all of you that are curious its 1144 for everything I thought i found a good deal.
550 for basic alarm install
180 for 5 windows to be tinted
370 for the headunit
rest for all the alarm addons at cost with no istallation fees for the extras and headunit

Chris

Last edited by impulsebrklyn; 07-28-2003 at 04:55 PM.
Old 07-28-2003, 05:03 PM
Contributing Member

But does it prevent a window from being broken??

The thieves actually stole my alarm when I was hit.
Old 07-28-2003, 05:04 PM
Contributing Member

It sounds like a pretty good deal. How dark are you going to go on the windows? I like mine really dark. 1.8% does the trick for me.
Old 07-28-2003, 05:16 PM

no it doesnt prevent them from breaking the window, but the way the alarm will be setup is when anyone gets close the the car its gonna start to beep. you touch the car especially the window or enter the car the alarm is gonna go off then it will send a message to my pager. Also the audio sensor can hear metal to glass sound or breaking glass and also set the alarm off. I will then grab a pipe as i run out the door, while my alarm is making so much noise you wont be able to miss it. The installer said he is going to get me a police type siren so its like 5times louder then a stock siren.

im not sure the % on the tint but the guy doing the install also the owner has a seqiou and he has his tinted. It relatively dark but when its bright out you can still see slightly in.

Chris

Last edited by impulsebrklyn; 07-28-2003 at 05:18 PM.
Old 07-28-2003, 05:19 PM
Contributing Member

Not to bust your chops or anything Chris but what happens if they pop the hood first and then cut the horn/siren line first ?

or better yet, disconnect your battery?

I've seen some nice rides get taken from under the owners nose even with their sophisticated pager style alarms heck, one of my close friends car was stolen 2 times!!! (and both were diff cars...) and all i had to say was that's just pure bad luck...

anyway, i hope all this alarm stuff you're installing will prevent the next idiot from damaging your nice 4runner... hate to see it happen again to you or anyone else...

Lance
Old 07-28-2003, 05:23 PM

hood pin will also be installed as well as a seperate back-up battery somewhere hidden inside the 4runner with the extra siren for the alarm if the cut the battery. Im also going to get an aluminum plate and surrond the brain and screw it somewhere in the dash with seceruity screws so they cant rip it out. im gonna make the fu*kers work for it.!!!!!!!

Chris

Last edited by impulsebrklyn; 07-28-2003 at 05:24 PM.
Old 07-28-2003, 05:27 PM
Contributing Member

cool that sounds much better as for the hood locks... the second time my friend lost is car, he had hood locks too! apparently they just took the entire car off the driveway!... dunno how though as it never made a peep of sound (shorted the car?) till this day we have no idea how they stole the 2nd vehicle....

yeah make those fockers work for it! lol
Old 07-28-2003, 05:28 PM

lol
Old 07-28-2003, 06:42 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Sac State
But does it prevent a window from being broken??

The thieves actually stole my alarm when I was hit.
Can you explain that, they stole your alarm when you where hit

impulsebrklyn
maybe with your next paycheck you can have the door handles shaved and get an eye scanner, then you can get a finger print access to start it and operate the truck

anyways goodluck with your new toys, test out the siren on some unsuspecting individuals and hope they don't try and brake in again.

Quick Reply: Well they broke into my 03