Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

speaker upgrade = door rattle? i might have a solution...

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2004, 08:49 AM
lee
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
speaker upgrade = door rattle? i might have a solution...

once i upgraded my speakers (front & rear) and added my amp, the sound was SO much better. HOWEVER, on certain basstones i was experiencing an annoying rattle/vibration sound on the front passenger side door panel. its all tightly in place, so i know its not a loose panel issue. all screws are tight, and i even put a dynamat square around the speaker. nothing.

i figured out a temporary solution: i have a soft, foamy cd case that holds about 10 cds. i stuck it in the passenger door cubby hole to store it and that cut down the rattling by like 80%! i was like HUH?!

im gonna go to home depot tonight and try to get some similar stuff and pad it all the way around. i dont know if its just insulating the noise or what, but it works!

this is my solution till i can afford a basslink sub... hope it helps someone else.

Last edited by lee; 12-30-2004 at 08:50 AM.
Old 12-30-2004, 01:36 PM
Contributing Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by lee
once i upgraded my speakers (front & rear) and added my amp, the sound was SO much better. HOWEVER, on certain basstones i was experiencing an annoying rattle/vibration sound on the front passenger side door panel. its all tightly in place, so i know its not a loose panel issue. all screws are tight, and i even put a dynamat square around the speaker. nothing.

i figured out a temporary solution: i have a soft, foamy cd case that holds about 10 cds. i stuck it in the passenger door cubby hole to store it and that cut down the rattling by like 80%! i was like HUH?!

im gonna go to home depot tonight and try to get some similar stuff and pad it all the way around. i dont know if its just insulating the noise or what, but it works!

this is my solution till i can afford a basslink sub... hope it helps someone else.
look for a basslink on ebay i got mine for $200 or so shipped NiB..yea thats funny about your door its just that pannel probably thats buzzing around i have stuff like that happen all the time in my house because i play guitar really freakin loud (my nehibors love me) youll find by just shoving some stuff in places will fix a lot...try stuffing some foam rubber down into that cubbyhole that should do the trick