Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

someone must not value thier life.....

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2008, 06:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
someone must not value thier life.....

long but worth the read...

So today I went to the gym, like I do 5 days a week. Hung my keys on the top left of the key board as always.... had a great work out well come time to leave NO KEYS.. so I ask the people at the desk if anyone turned in my keys... thinking someone accidently picked them up... well they think I misplaced them.. which I am a 100% sure I didnt... so while im sitting there someone else comes up with the same problem NO KEYS... Some lil #$%@^*) had the bright idea to steal the keys and go in the cars... they broke in his car stealing his wallet and cd player and a few other things.. Luckily my battery in my remote was week and my truck was at the end of the lot so they didnt find it... im guessing by pressing the panic button... I got a ride home and could not find my spare keys.... As I was changing in my camo jumpsuit to go wait in the woods and Merc some stupid %#$^#$^ my mom calls and has my spare key... THANK GOD... but these &$#$%&* still have my keys..... to my house and truck... Now I gotta get everything rekeyed and get a new remote on a diff frequency... I am so PISSED does anyone know a ballpark figure how much this crap is gonna set me back???
Old 01-12-2008, 06:32 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sucks it happened.. but you hang your keys in a common area? I would think that is a recipe for disaster.
Old 01-12-2008, 06:37 AM
Contributing Member

take only the car key with you into the gym, and have sweat pants with a zipper. Problem solved. I never leave mey key on the rack, and recently my gym took down the key rack.

To get all your locks rekeyed is about $100 if you can remove all the locks yourself and take it to the locksmith. Don't know about the remote.
Old 01-12-2008, 06:39 AM

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Last edited by FavreRunner; 03-24-2008 at 02:06 PM.
Old 01-12-2008, 06:45 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
i would raise hell with the gym. thats not good policy. see if they can give you like 2 months free or something. or at least help you pay the damages.
Old 01-12-2008, 06:47 AM

they did offer to give me a few free months to offset the cost... the sad part is that its the YMCA a supposed Christian place... Im about to make the drive of shame to the stealership and get raped... =( not looking forward to this at all
Old 01-12-2008, 08:03 AM
Contributing Member

i was about to say check the security feed but at a ymca i don't even know if that's a possibility. either the perp was built enough to feel confident if he was caught or a complete [mod edit... did you not see the potty mouth post?] moron to steal from a gym. and not to rub it in, but like they're saying, take the valet key and keep it in your pocket next time

Last edited by Lysmachia; 01-14-2008 at 05:59 PM. Reason: Potty mouth strikes again - KEEP IT CLEAN please!
Old 01-12-2008, 08:07 AM
Donny, you're out of your element
Staff

Received 53 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally Posted by mikehinthehouse
they did offer to give me a few free months to offset the cost... the sad part is that its the YMCA a supposed Christian place... Im about to make the drive of shame to the stealership and get raped... =( not looking forward to this at all
Yea and catholic priests are supposed to be gods messengers, but i dont think the message was "touch little boys" lol. Religious people can often be as bad as anyone else, and they justify it with god.

As for the Gym, its great that they offered you comp. But, its not the Gym's responsibility to keep your items safe. However, it really sucks that someone even thinks its ok you go steal your stuff. Thieves are getting more and more elaborate and intelligent on ways to steal your stuff.

Infiltrator: Why should he raise hell over this? The gym didn't steal the keys. Sorta like if you go into a grocery store, and your car gets stolen. It is not their responsibilty to make sure your car stays safe.

Getting the new keys shouldn't cost too much. Couple hundred for everything I would assume. I know new lock cylinders with keys cost about $75 at Toyota. i would say get ahold of a locksmith and see what he can do for you.
Old 01-12-2008, 08:08 AM

built or not... I would have seriouslly hurt them... Im not exactly a small dude.. From now on no more key board... I just got some new keys cut to hold me off until next payday then I gotta get the whole thing re-keyed I got a price on the kit from the dealer all new locks $350 to get a locksmith to do it $150 only problem with this is toyota could no longer make a key from the VIN in case of an emergency.... also they told me at the dealer if I program a new remote the old one will no longer work.. I have a friend who has an extra one he is gonna donate to the cause.. now I have to find the thread on programming a new remote...
Old 01-12-2008, 08:08 AM
Contributing Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
i wouldint leave my keys hanging up at a public place no matter what unless the front desk locks them in a draw or something
Old 01-12-2008, 08:26 AM
Contributing Member

That sucks. At my gym, we all leave our stuff (wallet, keys, cell phone) out in small plastic containers. Though I usually place all that under my jacket. No ones ever had anything stolen in all the years I've been there. It does help that our gym is small, has a key coded door so not anyone can come in and 1/2 of the members I believe are local law enforcement, lol.
Old 01-12-2008, 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by mikehinthehouse
long but worth the read...

So today I went to the gym, like I do 5 days a week. Hung my keys on the top left of the key board as always.... had a great work out well come time to leave NO KEYS.. so I ask the people at the desk if anyone turned in my keys... thinking someone accidently picked them up... well they think I misplaced them.. which I am a 100% sure I didnt... so while im sitting there someone else comes up with the same problem NO KEYS... Some lil #$%@^*) had the bright idea to steal the keys and go in the cars... they broke in his car stealing his wallet and cd player and a few other things.. Luckily my battery in my remote was week and my truck was at the end of the lot so they didnt find it... im guessing by pressing the panic button... I got a ride home and could not find my spare keys.... As I was changing in my camo jumpsuit to go wait in the woods and Merc some stupid %#$^#$^ my mom calls and has my spare key... THANK GOD... but these &$#$%&* still have my keys..... to my house and truck... Now I gotta get everything rekeyed and get a new remote on a diff frequency... I am so PISSED does anyone know a ballpark figure how much this crap is gonna set me back???
Plain and simple your an idiot for leaving your keys accessed to the public. What were you thinking? Common sense would tell you that your truck could get stolen. I'm sorry to be so rude but you have to use your head. No I do not think it is right for someone to steal stuff but do not give them an open ticket to do so. While your at it, head to New Orleans and leave your truck unlocked with the keys in it.....

James
Old 01-12-2008, 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by JamesD
Plain and simple your an idiot for leaving your keys accessed to the public. What were you thinking? Common sense would tell you that your truck could get stolen. I'm sorry to be so rude but you have to use your head. No I do not think it is right for someone to steal stuff but do not give them an open ticket to do so. While your at it, head to New Orleans and leave your truck unlocked with the keys in it.....

James
wow James.. arent you just peachy.... I must not be the only idiot considering there was about 50 other sets of keys hanging there as well.. not that it justifies me doing it... Fact is everyone hangs their keys there Ive been goin there for about 3 years now with no problem and this was the first time this has ever happend there.... Yeah I think I might try the N.O thing can I borrow your ride for that adventure???
Old 01-12-2008, 02:05 PM

xxxxxxxxxx

Last edited by FavreRunner; 03-24-2008 at 02:03 PM.
Old 01-12-2008, 02:12 PM

Thats why I only go to gyms with lockers..........
Old 01-12-2008, 02:20 PM

xxxxxxxxx

Last edited by FavreRunner; 03-24-2008 at 02:03 PM.
Old 01-12-2008, 02:21 PM

my gym has lockers, i just bring a combo lock.
Old 01-12-2008, 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by JamesD

James
No need for this. Most of the gyms I've been to have a key rack.
Originally Posted by FavreRunner
I would think they would have cameras. I guess it is the YMCA. There is very little honor in the world these days.
Cameras at a YMCA???? This isn't 1984, Big Brother doesn't watch everything.
Old 01-12-2008, 10:28 PM

we have lockers but I never brought anything in but my keys... as for the cameras they have a few on the exterior but only pointing at the front door and down the middle of the parking lot.. I always park at the end on the side so no-one dings up my black truck... but I have learned my lesson I will now bring a bag and carry them with me the whole time im there.. also they posted a sign by the key rack to warn others of this...
Old 01-12-2008, 11:49 PM

man that sucks, you really shouldnt have left your keys out like that though. i cant stand people like this that cant do anything with their life so they have to steal from other people.

Quick Reply: someone must not value thier life.....