Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Slider group buy!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2003, 02:08 PM
JSB
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hmm...Very temping offer, but I'm not sure I'm ready to jump in just yet, especially knowing I can probably get that price if not close any day of the week on ebay, like Bill did. I would definitely jump in if it was lower than the everyday ebay price.

I'll let you know by Wednesday though...BTW thank you for spending the time and putting this together.

Jeremy
Old 05-20-2003, 11:25 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Heads up!

I'll be sending Richard the name and address info I have tomorrow around noon pacific. At this point, I have confirmations from:

mpulver, Golden, Tacoma Dude, HaveBlue, ATC, zamboni95 and asudan96runner

It will be up to RICHARD (i.e., not me!) to get back to you guys and work out build and delivery schedules.

If anyone is interested in jumping on board, lemme know!

I don't know if Richard will be keeping this offer open, so I would suggest treating this as a "do it now or wait on eBay" type thing.
Old 05-20-2003, 08:47 PM

Re: We have pricing!

Originally posted by mpulver
We have pricing!
Remember also that Richard _will_ accept PayPal but with a $7 surcharge. The preferred form of payment is via money order.

hate to burst his bubble but Paypals user agreement states that you cant charge a surcharge to pay with paypal... if you let him know he should reverse that. but its up to you
Old 05-20-2003, 09:18 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Salatel,

Man, you shouldn't burst bubbles---its not cool. But nevertheless, I certainly feel he has a right to charge based on payment method but if you provided legitimacy to your claim, then post it here.

The only downside would be that if Richard decides to accepts Paypal payments and is NOT allowed to charge surcharges as you say, then he will have to add $7 to the price of his sliders---and then you may become the most hated 1 post newbie on Yotatech. Just something to think about.

Bob
Old 05-20-2003, 09:26 PM

What is the price

What is the price on th is group buy i saw a set of these on ebay and the good folks at 4x4 wire sent me over here.
Old 05-20-2003, 09:27 PM

Re: Re: We have pricing!

Originally posted by saletel
hate to burst his bubble but Paypals user agreement states that you cant charge a surcharge to pay with paypal... if you let him know he should reverse that. but its up to you
The user agreement also says that you can't use PayPal to sell more stuff than you _can_ use it for. For example, batteries, various electronics equipment, signatures (autographs), and a long list of other things. The point being that there's so much in that agreement that _isn't_ followed or enforced that it's ridiculous.

It's not up to me to discern how Richard interprets the user agreement and what he deems the additional charge to be for. It could be an Internet connection fee, or the offset of the overhead that he incurs by processing the bank transfer on _his_ side.

I don't mean to be crass, but if folks don't agree with the additional fee that Richard is asking for, then there are alternate forms of payment that he accepts.

I personally have no problem paying additional money to merchants when I use PayPal. When a merchant offers alternate forms of payment, and _I_ chose to use PayPal, then it's MY convience. I commonly pay people additional money when I use PayPal, without them asking.

Thanks for your input.

Mark
Old 05-20-2003, 09:29 PM
Contributing Member

$245 normal pricing....

$185 group buy pricing...

$60 saving (24.5%)...

I think an additional $7 wouldn't hurt. Besides he isn't asking for Paypal as the only method of payment. If you read back a bit he's actually doing US a favor by taking Paypal since he doesn't want to do the whole credit card thing.

Thanks Richard!
Old 05-20-2003, 09:31 PM
Contributing Member

Dang Mark, you beat me to it!
Old 05-20-2003, 09:31 PM

Re: What is the price

Originally posted by ChitRod
What is the price on th is group buy i saw a set of these on ebay and the good folks at 4x4 wire sent me over here.
Mighty nice of the 4x4wire folks!

We're at US $185 plus shipping. There's an additional charge of $7 if you chose to use PayPal. Full information is on the first page of the thread.

If you're interested, please drop me an email (mark@midiwall.com) _soon_. I'd like to get the list off to Richard in the morning.

I need: Name, mailing address, email address, alias here on YotaTech, expected form of payment (money order or paypal), and year/make/model of your rig.

Richard (Richard Stubbs) will get back with you to schedule the work and give you a delivery estimate.

Thanks for your interest!

Mark
Old 05-20-2003, 09:37 PM
Contributing Member

Saletel:

I hope you don't feel like we're ganging up on you. I really don't think that's any of our intentions.
Richard is giving us a really good deal because of the positive feedback he's gotten from previous buyers on this board. I'm not sure if you've read all of the posts up to this point but I feel it would be in poor taste to insult Richard with a petty disagreement over $7. I spent that much on dinner today

No disrespect to you, my man. I know you're just looking out for the rest of us
Please don't let this discourage you from continuing to post here or elsewhere on this board.

Hope to see you on other topics and threads
Old 05-21-2003, 04:36 AM

i came here way of 4x4wire, i dont feel like your ganging up on me, for the deal if i didnt just spend my money on new a-arms i probably would get a set as well, i just didnt know if you guys knew that. an extra 7 dollars isnt much. and i would take part if i had the money

no offense taken

-Eric
Old 05-21-2003, 06:00 AM

Hey all;

It looks like there may be some late interest coming in from 4x4Wire... I've gotten one additional taker in the last 12 hours. So I'm not going to send off the list of names to Richard until later tonight.

More when I know more!

Mark
Old 05-21-2003, 06:32 AM
Contributing Member

I know I posted this earlier, but i'm still looking for a good recommendation to a welder in Southern California to do the slider install for me.
Old 05-21-2003, 09:32 AM

I'm kinda between jobs right now and my rent is going up so by the time i paid shipping and got them painted I'd be broke, i guess i'll have to let this one slide.
Old 05-21-2003, 05:25 PM
Wes
Contributing Member

Do you think they'd fit with Bushwacker Cut-out flares? They look like they sit pretty close to the stock flares.
Old 05-21-2003, 07:38 PM

Code:

* The group buy is now closed *
Hi all...

Well, there has to be an end date on everything, and this is the end of the sliders group buy.

We ended up with 12 people for sure, one person waiting on a response to a question (wes, you have a PM waiting), and one more person at about 80% - I think I can get them to go.

Considering what we're talking about here, I think that's a great turnout!

A HUGE thanks to Richard for letting us do this buy. At this kind of an order size, we're going to be dominating his shop for a solid couple of weeks!

The next step here is that I'm about to forward all of the names on to Richard.

He'll need to contact each one of you to confirm your rig and to give you the final dimensions for computing UPS shipping rates. After that, it will be first-paid first-built to get your sliders.

As you pay, please remember that the buy price is US $192 *PLUS SHIPPING* with a $7 discount for those folks paying by money order.

Richard is looking at about a 3-4 day build time from when he starts. So, we should start seeing our sets in the next couple of weeks.

When you get yours, PLEASE post pictures if you can. Word of mouth is what builds a small business like Richards, so also post any comments you may have!

WAHOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!
Old 05-21-2003, 08:09 PM
Co-Founder/Administrator
Staff

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
Also any of you getting these, remember we have a "Sliderz Round-Up" here on the "YotaTech on the web" page.

If you would like yours added, please drop me some pics, and a small write-up on them, and I will add it.

Also a smaller write-up could be added to the "Gear Review" section we have here.
Old 05-22-2003, 08:59 AM
Contributing Member

Mark - Thanks for organizing this. Can't wait for my sliders.

Cheers.
Old 05-22-2003, 09:34 AM
Contributing Member

I have been talking to Richard via email for the past few days. He is amazing to deal with so far, and if his product is half as good as his service has been I am sure I will be estatic!

Is there any way Richard could include a couple of business cards with the sliders? I know most of us wouldn't mind keeping them in the glove box when someone asks about our rigs. I get people all the time asking about my truck at the gas station, or the _ahem_ mall.

Dan
Old 05-23-2003, 07:00 AM

Hello Everyone!

Well to give you all an update. I should have several sets going out on Tuesday (Monday is a holiday) the people on this list so far for the first shipment is:
Mark Pulver (his would have went out today BUT I made two drivers sides(doh)- although that pissed me off since I really wanted them out today is not a big deal since when I do Todds I'll just make two passenger sides , and viola we have two complete 4runner sets)
Todd Dina
Dan Henderson (his are custom mix of round & square- he paid alittle more for this)
These will be out for sure!
I will have these other sets made also but I am waiting for payment, and they will ship as soon as I receive the M.O.s'
Martin Matthews
Matt Mc Laughlin
Dave Pihlgren
Wynn Walker
The rest will start being made as soon as this first wave is done- also if someone paypals me in front of a incoming MO I will bump the paypal guy up since he will be paid up.
Also I am trying to work something special out for the board so keep watching the thread you guys.
Thanks again to all of you, and have a very, very good memorial day weekend!
Richard Stubbs

Quick Reply: Slider group buy!!!