Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

My New 2003 4runner (pics)

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2003, 04:16 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by impulsebrklyn
The rear mirrors in the cargo area in the top corners are a great idea that all suvs should have you can see your bumper and anyone right next to the vehicle in the blind spots.

Interior lights dont go on when you open the door.
Mirrors in the cargo area, I must be blind cause I have never seen these.

Your interior lights will go on when you open the door just move the switch on the light to "DOOR"

Read your manual, your V6 runs on regular with added performance with higher octane, I can't feel or see a difference on my V8, try both switch back and forth, let me know if their is a difference maybe when the summer gas comes out things will change
Old 02-16-2003, 04:27 PM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
rear mirrors are available only on the sr5 models...

the sport/limited models come w/ the jbl system so the speakers are there in place of the rear side mirrors...
Old 02-16-2003, 04:37 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Good Times
rear mirrors are available only on the sr5 models...

the sport/limited models come w/ the jbl system so the speakers are there in place of the rear side mirrors...
Damn no mirrors I checked impulsebrklyn has a Limited guess he does not have the 10 speaker JBL
Old 02-16-2003, 04:54 PM

I love it so far just a few things ive noticed.

The starter is a cool idea, just turn the key and start it.(read on) You dont have to hold it, the car will will continue to turn itself till it starts.

the starter is cool, but i get too used to it. I went to start my dads H2 today, and I tried to start it like the 4 Runner..haha... i couldn't figure out what was wrong at first. But it is a cool idea, and prevents over starting.
Old 02-16-2003, 06:12 PM

Nice Ride impulsebrklyn,

You guys are making me jealous. I've had my 4Runner on order for 7 weeks now. I wish they would hurry up and ship the 4Runner. Maybe I shouldn't have been so picky on the options.

Scott
Old 02-16-2003, 06:21 PM

Originally posted by 4Runner2003
Nice Ride impulsebrklyn,

You guys are making me jealous. I've had my 4Runner on order for 7 weeks now. I wish they would hurry up and ship the 4Runner. Maybe I shouldn't have been so picky on the options.

Scott
what did you order? I was lucky to find the limited i wanted at the dealer...although i think most of the limiteds have all the same options. They were originally gonna get mine from another dealer, because the one they had was sold, but the guy backed out so they gave it to me
Old 02-16-2003, 06:32 PM

Hey Diablo3305,

Nothing really special but here it is:

Black 4Runner Ltd V8 4WD
Ash Tray with cigarette lighter
Cargo Net
Mats
Daytime Running Lamps
Tilt/Slide Moonroof
Rear Air Suspension w/X-RES
Rear Spoiler
JBL 3-1 with NAV

The whole issue was trying to get Black. I can get my hands on every other color except Black. If I went to to get it 2 days before, they had one, but it did have the side airbags and I really did not want the airbags anyway. All I know is I want my 4Runner now But It is nice not to have that car payment yet
Old 02-16-2003, 06:46 PM

Hey Diablo3305,

Nothing really special but here it is:

Black 4Runner Ltd V8 4WD
Ash Tray with cigarette lighter
Cargo Net
Mats
Daytime Running Lamps
Tilt/Slide Moonroof
Rear Air Suspension w/X-RES
Rear Spoiler
JBL 3-1 with NAV

The whole issue was trying to get Black. I can get my hands on every other color except Black. If I went to to get it 2 days before, they had one, but it did have the side airbags and I really did not want the airbags anyway. All I know is I want my 4Runner now But It is nice not to have that car payment yet

:eek: ash tray? you plan on smoking in that limited... for shame....

the nav i bet was the killer, not many nav 4runners around here. I opted for hte silver, because I just got rid of a black car...keeping it clean is a huge pain in the ass, although when it is clean, it looks nice. I actually really like the titanium though, its a really nice looking silver.

Mine has everything but the Nav and air suspension....id rather not have the nav really, because then i get hte 6 disc in dash, and i have no use for navigation.
Old 02-16-2003, 07:01 PM

Originally posted by Diablo3305
:eek: ash tray? you plan on smoking in that limited... for shame....
No, just never owned a car without one, plus where would I stick all my change. Toll Roads SUCK.

Actually it was the Rear Air Suspension and the Black combination. The NAV was on a lot of the 4Runners. You are right about keeping a Black car clean, but both my sister and I have always driven black cars. I can not believe that she can keep her black Sequoia clean. But that is another story.

A co-worker has the NAV in his Pathfinder and that kinda got me hooked when you can just put in the address and it tells you were to go. I travel a lot and always get the Hertz never lost, which has only got me lost twice. Plus, you know people from Atlanta get lost when we drive
Old 02-16-2003, 07:08 PM

No, just never owned a car without one, plus where would I stick all my change. Toll Roads SUCK.

Actually it was the Rear Air Suspension and the Black combination. The NAV was on a lot of the 4Runners. You are right about keeping a Black car clean, but both my sister and I have always driven black cars. I can not believe that she can keep her black Sequoia clean. But that is another story.

A co-worker has the NAV in his Pathfinder and that kinda got me hooked when you can just put in the address and it tells you were to go. I travel a lot and always get the Hertz never lost, which has only got me lost twice. Plus, you know people from Atlanta get lost when we drive

hmm...what about the change thing in the center console... ?

Yea, if you travel, then i can see a need for the nav, but other than that, its not really worth the $2,000 ....unless you just think its really cool..haha... The nav on the 4 runner is supposed to be pretty decent too..faster then most others. Im suprised you didn't have trouble finding a nav one. I couldn't find a dealer around here with them.
Old 02-16-2003, 07:12 PM

no i was not paying extra for the crap they send with factory vehicles. It might be a premier audio system but they still use low quality material for the components. I wanted the cheapest they have. I guess thats why i have mirrors ill take a picture for you guys tommorow. Im an audio nut. For me to be happy i need 100 watts to each door, top line components, with a top of the line sub something like a 1000 watts to it. I dont go for the boom boom boom, all sound. So the factory stereo will be removed in a few weeks. The steering wheel controls will be kept as well, PAC www.go2pac.com makes an interface for the 2003 4runner. the wireless headphone option is useless to me i have no need for it so it wont be missed.

Good luck finding the 4runner you want with the nav, I dont think there was one dealer around here with the option. I had enough trouble finding a oak interior. I did find a v6 black limited oak interior with a sport bumper on it. But i didnt like the bumper the much, especially for 600 bucks.

Can i ask why you wanted the Rear Air Suspension w/X-RES??
Old 02-16-2003, 07:14 PM

Originally posted by Diablo3305
hmm...what about the change thing in the center console... ?
Well, I don't have it yet and my 4Runner doesn't have a change holder. And actually the NAV was kinda one of those....hmm, play toys too. And really the only travel my 4Runner is gonna get for awhile is from my house to the airport. Luckliy my company does not complain about covered parking.

Actually I saw your 4Runner on Thai's site. You are too lucky, you get to drive a Hummer and a 4Runner.
Old 02-16-2003, 07:22 PM

Actually I saw your 4Runner on Thai's site. You are too lucky, you get to drive a Hummer and a 4Runner.

thanks... haha.. the Hummer is on limited occasions, my dad doesn't want to put alot of miles on it, but i drove it around alittle today in the snow. I am home from school for the weekend so I can take it out if I want, just not anywhere really far. It is sweet though, everyone looks at you. That thing is nice in the snow, it like your driving on dry pavement, barely slides at all.
Old 02-16-2003, 07:22 PM

Can i ask why you wanted the Rear Air Suspension w/X-RES??
Hey impulsebrklyn,

The reason for the Rear Suspenion is, if all goes well, I want to get a boat this summer. That was pretty much the reason on that.

I do have a question for you. Is there any way to connect and Alpine XM receiver to the current toyota system? That is one thing I really did not think about too much. In the back of my head I was somehow planning to put my Alpine system into the new 4Runner with the NAV system.
Old 02-16-2003, 07:24 PM

no i was not paying extra for the crap they send with factory vehicles. It might be a premier audio system but they still use low quality material for the components. I wanted the cheapest they have. I guess thats why i have mirrors ill take a picture for you guys tommorow. Im an audio nut. For me to be happy i need 100 watts to each door, top line components, with a top of the line sub something like a 1000 watts to it. I dont go for the boom boom boom, all sound. So the factory stereo will be removed in a few weeks. The steering wheel controls will be kept as well, PAC www.go2pac.com makes an interface for the 2003 4runner. the wireless headphone option is useless to me i have no need for it so it wont be missed.

I agree with you on the stereo. I may look into swapping a new stereo into my 4 runner. I had a custom stereo in my old explorer, and it was 1000 times better than stock. I must say the 4 runner isn't too bad, obviosuly not great, but its ok. I kinda wanted to keep the stock head unit, just because i think it looks like it belongs there, and I like the 6 disc in dash, a aftermarket unit would probably cost a bit of money. What are you planning on putting in?
Old 02-16-2003, 07:38 PM

4runner2003
for the xm radio question. if you mean attach an xm radio to the stock radio it is possible through an fm modulator. You would also need a small control display for the xm receiver. something like this so it can be added to your nav system. there are many companies that make units like this.

Diablo
Im looking at a new alpine cda-9815 when it comes out in the next few weeks. if i decide to go all out i might get an in dash lcd with dvd/cd/mp3 playback big money though. Orion extreme 800.4 for a set of image dynamic chameleons, need to pick rears still. audiobahn a18000dq for one image dynamics 12" idmax. xm receiver in the future too
Old 03-15-2003, 05:58 AM

sorry i just got home ive been in deleware the last three days.

NO they are not christmas lights. Its an american flag that lights up. HEHE

I choose the v6 for one it is cheaper, and this was a stretch for me to begin with, still got alot of student loans im only 23. Getting a v8 would be like almost 3 grand more. Besides saving a few bucks its got plenty of punch for me i had a 95 explorer that needed to be floored to move. I dont tow anything, and i live in the city the only trails this thing gets is a beach i can get onto during a small portion of the year. Yes i know it likes premium but were talking 150 bucks at most a year for me extra.

I put a chrome exhaust tip on it, i think it gives it alittle more characater.

Yes my door is open, i was on my way out when i took the pictures.

Love the truck so far no complaits except it needs more cigarette outlets for my stuff. First small mod on the list.

Oh and i love the bug guard it fites perfect its a Lund if anyone is interested.
Impulsebrklyn, I've looked around for that exhaust tip...no go. Where did you pick that up if you don't mind?

Tony
Old 03-17-2003, 03:38 PM

Hey tonyg sorry i havent been around the last 5 days was visiting girlfriend. I purchased the tip at Autozone there really common around here. It was only 20 bucks. The screws are starting to rust so it needs a good paint job. But the chrom still looks great. Chris

oh they have a web site for there stores here

http://www.autozone.com/servlet/UiBr...n=viewHomePage
Old 03-18-2003, 02:06 AM

Thank you Chris...

Tony
Old 03-18-2003, 05:37 PM

Your truck looks great, Congrats. Hope to be in a black limited in the next month or two.

Quick Reply: My New 2003 4runner (pics)