Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Manik Brush Guard

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2003, 10:18 AM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Manik Brush Guard

I like the way the Manik Brush Guards look...but can't find an online dealer...does anybody know where I can find one of these awesome looking Brush Guards? Thanks guys!

Old 07-16-2003, 10:25 AM

Have you ever tried Google.com as your search tool? It's all I ever use and when I entered Manik Brush Guards I came up with a page of online sellers.
Old 07-16-2003, 10:26 AM

newbie, don't waste your hard earned moola on a manik. ESPECIALLY if you are gonna offroad your truck, or have plans to build it up.

If you are just going for looks, then go for it.
Performace Products carries em

www.performanceproducts.com
Old 07-16-2003, 10:27 AM
Contributing Member

I did, but I was wondering if anybody knew of a big name in Online Dealers that I could go with.

I have had way too many bad expriences with these little online places...if not, then I guess I can just try and find a dealer here locally (I doubt it!). Thx. guys!

Old 07-16-2003, 12:52 PM
Contributing Member

Hey Fink, have you considered a TJM or ARB Bumper? Personally I like the looks better and as far as functionality, you can't beat them. As for Manik, $$$$, but they do look good. I think you might as well check out Jaos too. They can also be powder coated if you don't want Chrome. Jason B on this site is a dealer for them, check in the members area. He seems to be a good guy. Take pics if you can.
Old 07-16-2003, 01:57 PM

Fink, I have a Manik Brush guard on my 92 and love the way that it looks. It is not functional as far as offroading like the TJM or other bumpers, but it is a nice compliment to your 4Runner. I have PIAA 520s on mine as well, and it looks really good. The lights are great! I am sorry, but I bought mine at an auto parts store, so I can't help you as far as online dealers. I do know that Performance Products has them, but you are going to take it up the if you buy from them. See what you can get around your house...if there are stores there. I just wanted to reply and say that I love mine and it did help protect the vehicle in an accident, contrary to popular belief! My vote is for Manik! :fireman:
Old 07-16-2003, 02:02 PM
Contributing Member

I have one on my '98, I've been thinking of selling it. But, (a) I'm not sure it would fit yours, (b) I don't know how shipping would be, and (c) you may not want a used one anyway!
Old 07-16-2003, 02:06 PM

Originally posted by mertztr
I have one on my '98, I've been thinking of selling it. But, (a) I'm not sure it would fit yours, (b) I don't know how shipping would be, and (c) you may not want a used one anyway!
It will not fit, it is mounted differently on a 3rd gen than a 2nd gen. :fireman:
Old 07-16-2003, 02:17 PM
Contributing Member

you might wanna check out pep boys..i think i remember seeing brushgaurds for sell there..
Old 07-16-2003, 02:19 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by BTOWN4RUNNER
It will not fit, it is mounted differently on a 3rd gen than a 2nd gen. :fireman:
And there you have it! Thanks BTOWN!
Old 07-16-2003, 03:01 PM

Originally posted by mertztr
How much are you selling it for? If you're selling it. PM me

Thanks
Old 07-16-2003, 06:34 PM
Contributing Member

I'm not going to be doing any SERIOUS off-roading, just some trail riding and mudding and stuff.

What would be perfect for me is just a grille guard...one that goes in the center...just to mount some Driving and Fog lights on. Something cheap would be nice!

The Manik's are WAY too much money for me...a high schooler with little means of getting ANY kind of money. But right now all I have is like 600 bucks...and I'm not sure what to spend it on. I won't be able to spend ALL of it...but a little further down the road, I would like to have a grille guard to attach some nice PIAA or IPF lights to it for mostly looks...but we do get a LOT of fog around here...especially on my land, the low parts get so whited (not sure if thats a word) that I can barely see with conventional lighting.

Back to the subject I INITIALLY started talking about, just a pretty good looking grille guard to protect the grilles from branches and leaves and things and also a good thing to mount lights to.

Thx. for your help guys!!
Old 07-16-2003, 08:17 PM
Contributing Member

if you dont have that much money, i woudnt buy piaa or ipf lights..they tend to run on the expensive side i do beleive
Old 07-16-2003, 08:28 PM
Contributing Member

I believe WAAG is on the cheaper end. I got mine for somewhere in the neighborhood of $400?
Old 07-16-2003, 08:46 PM

Originally posted by Tacoma Dude
I believe WAAG is on the cheaper end. I got mine for somewhere in the neighborhood of $400?

...Where?

Old 07-16-2003, 11:07 PM
Contributing Member

Local shop called Off Road Warehouse.

I know ORW has some ads in the big magazines. Fortunately for me the WAAG factory is in LA so I could get mine relatively quick.

I don't know if I can help you there. The website might have some info on local vendors though...
http://www.waag.com

The ORW guy told me that WAAG factory shut down and took a week long vacation a couple years ago and have been trying to catch up to demand ever since.
I don't know the validity of that story even though the ORW guys are SUPER friendly and know their stuff.

Sorry I can't help you anymore
Old 07-17-2003, 07:43 AM

Fink, I have the stock grille guard that came with my 4Runner. It is not in the best shape, but it will work. It looks good and holds up well. I have all the mounting hardware as well. I got the Manik because it looked better. The stock one is cool, because you can take the headlight cover part off and have just the center portion, like you want. I repainted it and got rid of the rust. Email me if you are interested and we can work something out. My email. . Thanks. :fireman:
Old 07-17-2003, 07:45 AM
Contributing Member

Well, I was thinkin that I could start with the center grille guard and then work up from there.

I went on...www.truckperformance.com I believe and saw a set of PIAA lights (one fog, one driving I am assuming) for about $190...so I would obviously need two sets, so just around 400...same price as those WAAG's...but I will not be able to get the lights for some time.

Any ideas on some cool lookin, relatively cheap grille guards with good mounts for lights?

Thx. for your help guys!

Old 07-17-2003, 10:38 AM
Contributing Member

I was poking around the website you posted and look what I found for your '95:

brush guards

There's a black Smittybuilt for around $140. Hope this helps.
Old 07-17-2003, 10:47 AM
Contributing Member

Hey BTOWN...check your mail!

loosehead-
Thanks man, I'll take a look at it!

Thx. for all the replies guys.

Quick Reply: Manik Brush Guard