Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

I got another Toyota!

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2005, 12:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I got another Toyota!

Hello, this is my 4th toyota now. It is a '93 SR5 with the 3.slow and an automatic. About the only option it doesnt have is the sunroof. And the best part about it is it only has 81k miles on it! I have already taken off the running boards and the person i bought it from installed the leveler coils in the back of it. It needs new exhaust though so i am gonna upgrade right away to 2.5" pipes with a high flow cat and some sort of performance muffler(have seen alot of people runing flowmasters but i am worried it will sound crapy?). I am also thinking of puttin an intake on it, is this worth it? Or should I just do a drop in K&N?
Attached Thumbnails I got another Toyota!-p8140193.jpg  
Old 08-19-2005, 12:22 PM
Contributing Member

Hey sweet rig...go with 2.25" piping its the size to use with the V6...flowmasters sound pretty good just make sure you've got a tail pipe after the muffler or else they are loud and obnoxious (the one i've heard at least) also magnaflows sound pretty good but are a little quieter. Just use a K&N drop in and do the ISR mod and you'll get the same as an intake.
Old 08-19-2005, 12:41 PM

Thanks Silver Truck. That is why I was worried about the flowmasters, I had them on a dodge withough cats and it was completely obnoxious, plus i dont like the sound of a loud v6, they sound like pissed off go carts. Ill have to do some searching on the ISR mod, i have never heard of that.
Old 08-19-2005, 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by NDrunner
Hello, this is my 4th toyota now. It is a '93 SR5 with the 3.slow and an automatic. About the only option it doesnt have is the sunroof. And the best part about it is it only has 81k miles on it! I have already taken off the running boards and the person i bought it from installed the leveler coils in the back of it. It needs new exhaust though so i am gonna upgrade right away to 2.5" pipes with a high flow cat and some sort of performance muffler(have seen alot of people runing flowmasters but i am worried it will sound crapy?). I am also thinking of puttin an intake on it, is this worth it? Or should I just do a drop in K&N?
looks really clean! you got anymore pics? we have the same amount of miles is it 4wd or 2wd? as for the exhaust i would go 2.25, magnaflow muffler, and hi-flo cat. it's acutally one of my future mods. k&n replacement filter is good enough.
Old 08-22-2005, 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by MarkieMark
looks really clean! you got anymore pics? we have the same amount of miles is it 4wd or 2wd? as for the exhaust i would go 2.25, magnaflow muffler, and hi-flo cat. it's acutally one of my future mods. k&n replacement filter is good enough.

I dont have anymore pics right now, I need to get more though since I took the running boards off. It is a 4wd. That is what I plan on doing for exhaust, I am just trying to decide on a muffler, I like the sound of flowmasters on a v8 but cant really imagine them sounding good on a v6 . I did some reading up on the ISR mod and that is probably what I will do, the only problem I have is I dont think anyone in my town does mandrel bends so i might hafta order the pipe off the net somewhere.
Old 08-22-2005, 11:11 AM

Very nice 'Runner, you lucky bastage.

Seriously though, do a drop in K&N and the ISR (type "ISR mod" into the Search window for all of the advice and pics you'll need to pull it off) and you'll be set there.

Ditto the 2.25 on the exhaust diameter and for muffling..., has anyone tried out the "Thrush" (?) "cherry bombs" for mufflers??? Something that I've been thinking of doing.
Old 08-22-2005, 03:15 PM
Contributing Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Talking

Nice find, put some Bushwacker fender flares on it. They will look much better than those stock chrome ones.
Old 08-22-2005, 03:24 PM
Contributing Member

Or you can just paint the chrome trim black, that'd be a lot cheaper for you if you wanted to go that route.

Flowmasters sound fine on the 2nd gens, its got a nice throaty rumble at idle and a good tone/rumble at low rpms with now drone on the highway. I recommend them, you will notice a little bit higher low end power.

Looks like a good 2nd gen, awesome that its got less miles than my '99!!

Fink