Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Help y'all!

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2019, 08:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help y'all!

Left my dome light on. Needed a jump. Got jumped. Noticed it sounded strange when I left. Not as much get up and go. Check engine light flashed 3 times. Also. The *left* turn signal only is out(rapid clicking as if a fuse is blown). It ran like a dream until I got the jumpstart. Why would symptoms present after a jump? My suspicion is spark plugs maybe. But why would the turn signal *and* the spark plugs act funky now? Oh yeah idles a bit rough too. Any advice is appreciated. Also I have never changed plugs before so if there are any model specific guides. Oh and what plugs to use y'all? Bless you all. Tr

EDIT: ok there was some heavy corrosion on the battery posts. cleaned them, reattached them and the "check engine blink" stopped. the turn signal is fine as well BUT. there is still a noticable loss of power and the exhaust sounds more like a tractor than my 4r. like i said. ran great until we jumped it. the only thing that was a bit off was my idiot brother pumping the gas when he cranked it during the jump(he came to help me) thereby "flooding" ( idk if thats even accurate thats just what i was always
told) it maybe. im at a loss yall

Old 04-30-2019, 08:34 PM

Received 283 Likes on 211 Posts
to start out with, you need to ask for help properly, it starts like this:
I have a 95 4runner with a 3.0 liter and automatic transmission, I have a problem with XXXX.
otherwise you will be asked about your Hummer or Kenworth.