Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Help Please!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2002, 03:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Help Please!!!

S#*T.....,I just sheared off a rear lug stud! :mad:

I have have the drum off and was able to knock out the broke off stud, now how in the hell do I get the new one in???

Is there a trick anyone knows to get a new stud in a easy way.
If no tricks can someone please tell me how to remove the plate thing the studs are mounted to, step by step directions, pics, anything.....

I have a Haynes manual, but it doesnt cover replacing a wheel stud and a search found nothing....:rolleyes:

Please help, going on vacation soon and only have today to fix it!
Old 07-19-2002, 04:16 AM

I can't help you fix it, but if it's just one stud, you will be fine running without. I ran without one for about 2 months without any problems, even my dealer said it would be ok.
Old 07-19-2002, 04:56 AM

Dont know about yours, but on my 94 truck I just put the stud in from the back side of the axel. I had to go in sideways and at an angle but it went right in. Once the threads were through so I could get a lug nut on it I did so and tightened it up. As I tightened, it pulled the stud on into the plate and all the way through the plate untill it seated properly. You should lub the threads a little and maybe the stud itself to aid it in being pulled through. Thats how it works on my 94. Maybe yours is the same.