Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Help! Maf Sensor Connector broke

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2018, 10:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help! Maf Sensor Connector broke

Hello! first poster here. I've got a 2.7 4 cylinder Prado that I've messed up.

Removing the lid on my air cleaner assembly to replace my air filter, I broke one of the three wires going into the MAF connector plug.

I've soldered it back in place, but I don't really trust it much.

Does anyone know where I can source a 3 pin connector plug for my truck's MAF Sensor?

Thanks
Old 07-17-2018, 08:00 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by luisugueto90
Hello! first poster here. I've got a 2.7 4 cylinder Prado that I've messed up.

Removing the lid on my air cleaner assembly to replace my air filter, I broke one of the three wires going into the MAF connector plug.

I've soldered it back in place, but I don't really trust it much.

Does anyone know where I can source a 3 pin connector plug for my truck's MAF Sensor?

Thanks
http://wilbo666.pbworks.com/w/file/f...RM1022E%29.pdf

If you just broke a wire, you probably just need a repair wire, which is the pin with a short length of wire attached. Remove pin from plug, insert repair wire and splice. This shows you how and gives you the p/n's for the wires. You can also get the plug housing if you really need it but it comes without wires. The only source for a ready 3-wire pigtail is a junkyard.
Old 07-18-2018, 05:39 AM

Thanks for the reply.

The wire broke just at the edge of the pin, inside the connector. I took apart the plug and just barely managed to join the pin and wire. It got me home, but I don't trust it to hold much longer.

I'm going to need, at best, a new pin to properly repair the plug. If it were possible, I'd rather get a new plug, new pins and pigtail to properly repair and extend the plug so this doesn't happen again.

That manual is one hell of a resource, but I can't seem to find tha part numbers for the pin/plug. Any ideas where to look?

thanks!
Old 07-20-2018, 05:30 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by luisugueto90
Thanks for the reply.

The wire broke just at the edge of the pin, inside the connector. I took apart the plug and just barely managed to join the pin and wire. It got me home, but I don't trust it to hold much longer.

I'm going to need, at best, a new pin to properly repair the plug. If it were possible, I'd rather get a new plug, new pins and pigtail to properly repair and extend the plug so this doesn't happen again.

That manual is one hell of a resource, but I can't seem to find tha part numbers for the pin/plug. Any ideas where to look?

thanks!
You should be able to find the connector p/n embossed on the housing. Look for a 5-digit number. The p/n is that number preceded by 90980-. If no number, locate the connector by using the pictures. They are separated by waterproof/non-waterproof and number of pins. It's not that hard to do. Once you have the connector p/n, then you can look in the second part for the repair wires used on that plug.

For what you describe, a single new repair wire will do the job better than a new plug/pigtail...which they don't sell anyway.

Last edited by TheDurk; 07-20-2018 at 06:14 PM.
Old 07-25-2018, 05:09 AM

Thanks a lot!

Done, Found it, i'm ordering a brand new plug.