Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Emailing Toyota

Old 02-16-2004, 07:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Emailing Toyota

I was wondering how long it usually take Toyota Customer Service to repond to email? I sent them a few questions about a week ago and still haven't heard back from them.
The dealership says I should get my oil changed every 3500 miles because of my harsh driving conditions. I put on about 500 miles a week and 95 percent of that is on the turnpike. Is that considered harsh?
Also, I have that annoying popping sound in my drivers seat. Dealership says all the seats do it. It is a cloth seat in a Sport Edition 03. Has anyone had luck getting their seat fixed or replaced?
Old 02-16-2004, 07:19 AM

Some companies are good about e-mail...others are not.

If you want results fast, I would pickup the phone and call.

Also, re: oil-changes...3500 mi for the interval is pretty darn standard for regular motor oil. You should consider synthetic if you want to wait longer.

Jim
Old 02-16-2004, 07:22 AM

Cool

Originally Posted by steved
I was wondering how long it usually take Toyota Customer Service to repond to email? I sent them a few questions about a week ago and still haven't heard back from them.
The dealership says I should get my oil changed every 3500 miles because of my harsh driving conditions. I put on about 500 miles a week and 95 percent of that is on the turnpike. Is that considered harsh?
Also, I have that annoying popping sound in my drivers seat. Dealership says all the seats do it. It is a cloth seat in a Sport Edition 03. Has anyone had luck getting their seat fixed or replaced?

~No idea on the email response time.

~It is my understanding that highway driving is the easiest running condition, not the worst. Slow going, start and stop, off-road, dusty, lots of cold short trips are the worst conditions.

~Just because most the seats are noisy doesn't mean they should be.....

Old 02-16-2004, 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by steved
Severe service is considered stop and go commute...does your truck ever get warmed up to drive off the water and other nastry stuff that condensates in your oil over night ?

E.g. sounds like you are fine but 3500 miles at $24 versus peace of mind ... I would do every 4k and be happy.

Drivers seat, there is a TSB...(Tech Service Bulletin).

Do a search by my name or TSB and I have listed all in the last 3 weeks or so.

If they still deny you, calll BS and go to a dealer who will address the TSB.

David
Old 02-16-2004, 04:11 PM

I emailed Toyota last week, just to see if there were any outstanding recalls on my 4runner. They sent a generic response immediately ("thanks for the email, we'll get back to you soon, etc, etc"). I got a specific response two days later that cross-referenced my 4runner's VIN with a record of recalls that had already been done (head gasket), as well as one that had not been done yet (rear suspension).

Overall, a pretty quick response from Toyota.

Good luck, John