Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Elbow/Deckplate mod-New way

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2005, 03:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Elbow/Deckplate mod-New way

After reading so much about the deck plate mod I decided to give it a try but went the rout that Gadget suggested which was to just remove the Elbow instead of cutting a hole in the box. Then after thinking it over I came up with a way of just poping the elbow back in when your in the dust.
After removing the box I left the elbow flange on the finder well . I removed the rivet holding the elbow in the box by poping it out with a hammer and chisel then I trimed off the little palstic tabs holding it on also.
I cut a piece of screen and siliconed it on the inside of the box to keep critters and bugs out.
Next I cut the elbow off on the end that would go in the box leaving only about a 1/4" past the tabs as you see in the picture. After replaceing the box and trying to pop the elbow back in I found that it would give just enough to pop right in right up to the tabs and It only takes a few seconds.By pushing down on the end that goes in the box it will pop right back out. I had to do it a few times but now it's easy and it fits really snug. Love it!
Attached Thumbnails Elbow/Deckplate mod-New way-screen1.jpg   Elbow/Deckplate mod-New way-elbowtrimed.jpg   Elbow/Deckplate mod-New way-elbowin.jpg  
Old 05-28-2005, 07:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Interesting (and innovative) variation on the elbow mod!...

Thanks for the ideas...