Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Door panel question

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2003, 01:06 PM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Door panel question

A section of the drivers side door panel on my runner popped out today and wouldnt go back in so i took out the plastic plug thing and it was a bit dented in so i went to the dealer to get some new ones (a buck fifty for a lil piece of plastic!) and tried to put it in but it still wouldnt stay put. Somehow, or so it seems, the hole in the metal enlarged a bit or something and the regular plugs wont fit anymore. Are there any plugs, like say for the tundra or sequoia or soemtihng that are slightly larger than the runners but still fit into the little holder thing on hte door panel? Its really not that big a deal but its really bugging me. Anybody got any suggestions?
Old 09-03-2003, 01:44 PM
Banned

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts
Re: Door panel question

Originally posted by Henryv
A section of the drivers side door panel on my runner popped out today and wouldnt go back in so i took out the plastic plug thing and it was a bit dented in so i went to the dealer to get some new ones (a buck fifty for a lil piece of plastic!) and tried to put it in but it still wouldnt stay put. Somehow, or so it seems, the hole in the metal enlarged a bit or something and the regular plugs wont fit anymore. Are there any plugs, like say for the tundra or sequoia or soemtihng that are slightly larger than the runners but still fit into the little holder thing on hte door panel? Its really not that big a deal but its really bugging me. Anybody got any suggestions?
You might try wrapping the end of the plug with something like electrical tape to expand its diameter and then plugging the hole. My 0.02.

Brian
Old 09-04-2003, 07:59 AM

On my runner there are two of these plugs, but one is larger than the other, so you might want to check that. I would also suggest replacing the smaller "christmas tree" clips that go around the bottom. They do most of the holding of the panel to the door.
Old 09-04-2003, 09:08 AM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by TaterN
On my runner there are two of these plugs, but one is larger than the other, so you might want to check that. I would also suggest replacing the smaller "christmas tree" clips that go around the bottom. They do most of the holding of the panel to the door.
Yea I noticed this too but too bad the one thats messed up is one of the bigger plugs. Thats why I'm wondering if one from another truck would work. Anybody out there know? If not I might just try waskilly's tape idea but I'd rather just replace it.
Old 09-04-2003, 11:14 AM

You might try some auto parts stores. I know Napa has a large selection of clips and such available. whether they have them on hand or not is another story.
Old 09-04-2003, 11:32 AM
Contributing Member

I wish that would happen to me, I don't even know how to get the door panels OFF! I need to try and figure out whats wrong with my rear left window, it won't go back up after it goes down...weird stuff. It will only do it when it wants...

Fink