Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

BVSV, is this the problem

Old 11-15-2004, 04:04 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
BVSV, is this the problem

In the picture (out of the haynes manual) where it points to the BVSV and the thing on top of it with the two hoses going to it, is that the BVSV? If not what is it called? I found out today while looking for my vacuum leak, that the top hose to that thing on the BVSV or is the BVSV is broke and the hose was disconnected. If this can be replaced where is a good place I can get it on-line?
Also in the pic the "VSV (for AS)" the thing next to it which looks idenical, there is also a nipple broke off that and where the hose comes from there was a cover over it. Does anyone know the name of this part it includes two nipples and a plug goes in it to the left and the two hoses go in at the right. Kinda looks like a trianglular shape where the hoses go in at. Also need a spot to buy this online.

Also I still have the hose coming directly from the bottom of the cold start screw (big white plastic screw, next to the fuel injector) and dont know where it goes.

My truck is a 92, 22re, 4wd, 5-speed.

Thanks,
Mario
Old 11-16-2004, 10:41 AM

bump

Thanks,
Mario
Old 11-16-2004, 12:29 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ttr125mar

In the picture (out of the haynes manual) where it points to the BVSV and the thing on top of it with the two hoses going to it, is that the BVSV? If not what is it called? I found out today while looking for my vacuum leak, that the top hose to that thing on the BVSV or is the BVSV is broke and the hose was disconnected. If this can be replaced where is a good place I can get it on-line?
Also in the pic the "VSV (for AS)" the thing next to it which looks idenical, there is also a nipple broke off that and where the hose comes from there was a cover over it. Does anyone know the name of this part it includes two nipples and a plug goes in it to the left and the two hoses go in at the right. Kinda looks like a trianglular shape where the hoses go in at. Also need a spot to buy this online.

Also I still have the hose coming directly from the bottom of the cold start screw (big white plastic screw, next to the fuel injector) and dont know where it goes.

My truck is a 92, 22re, 4wd, 5-speed.

Thanks,
Mario
Mario,
1st question I don't know where you could get these parts except from a dealer or a junk yard.
BVSV can't answer.

The hose going from the bottom of the plastic screw goes to the port "A" on the VSV (for AS) (it is a typo it should read VSV (for AC). The VSV (for AC) is the valve that tells the truck the AC is on and to idle up, which is what the thing with the big plastic screw does (AC idle set screw). The VSV (for AC) has 2 hose nipples on one side and a filter on the other.
Look here .... AC Vacum diagram This shows the diagram and how to test it.
Hope that helps
Old 11-16-2004, 06:53 PM

Alright thanks Pirate, but one more question, there is no AC in my truck so does this really matter?

Thanks,
Mario