Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Boxing Day Wheeling!!!

Old 12-29-2004, 09:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Boxing Day Wheeling!!!

Well just like the title says.... Boxing day was a wicked fun day of wheeling!!! There's a place up here in B.C. called Stave Lake where it's known for the mudding types, although there are many different trail all with increasing difficulty. The reason why it'd perfect for Muddin is because the lake is Dam controlled and the level is usually down enough for nice thick mud!! (like triple milkshake made with cream --->thick) Anyways, a buddy of mine called me up in the morning and told me that some of his buudies from high school called him up after 4 years (since grad) and said hey!!! lets go wheeling!! Well my buddy Adam calls me and says well I dont have a 4x4 but you do.... I'll pay for your gas.... Hmmm let me think.... ok!! So turns out that My runner is the least "jacked up" truck there, thats ok... I'll do my best. There was a 84 toy p/u S.A. with a bobbed flat bed and 4'' of lift w/35's that looked mint, an 85 toy p/u with 3'' B.L. and 4'' susp. lift with 35's as well, and then there was an early ninties Nissan Pathfinder Stock with mudders. So we get up to the lake by 10:00am and the second "puddle" I go through..... stuck. Great. OK get pulled out, do it again, now Iam just totally rearing to go flying through all this mud and gunk having a grand ole time when not one but all three of the trucks get stuck. Out come the straps and yes.... no problems, get them out and keep going. Lunch time, out comes the brews and turkey. And then just as Tyrell (84 S.A. bobbed flat deck) reverses, a tree stump jumps up and takes out his rear quarter panel and drivers door. Ouch... first damage to the truck.... ever!! Know he's p.o'd drives away hard, only to come back after two min. with a antifreeze leaking everywhere. Blown rad. Damn. So he takes off home and the rest of us keep going. We all get stuck and get pulled out, having a blast when Iam going through this deep part and the truck slows down to a halt. Carp.. am I stuck? hope not.... 30' every direction to ground. Finnaly rocker out and Iam driving up to buddy when he points and starts laughing.... ohh no... What'd I do? Get out look under the front and my skidplate is folded over held on by !!1!! bolt Ok thats not bad. So I counted my losses and called er a day. Sorry bout the long post but I just had to gloat about my Awesome day!!! I totally feel like it was some of my best 4x4'n. Anyways, Cheers guys, Lee Hathaway
Old 12-29-2004, 01:01 PM
Contributing Member

This thread is worthless without pics.......
Old 12-29-2004, 01:57 PM

Ouch!!! Nah, I was kinda askin for it, eh?
I guess I shoulda been Boxing Day Shopping instead?
HAHAHA.....No.
Sorry guys, I'll try to get a digicam soon.
Cheers, Lee Hathaway