Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Body Lift and Clear Corners....w/Pics!

Old 11-02-2003, 01:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Body Lift and Clear Corners....w/Pics!

Ok, so I finally got myself a little bit of lift and some style. I ordered the 1" Roger Brown body lift, and some clear corners from Burtman Industries (both members here), and I decided today would be a good day to put both on.

Big thanks goes to both Roger Brown and Jason Burtman for their help in getting me this stuff.

Here's the car before:

Clear Corners on:

Before Lift:

After Lift:

Sorry if the pics are huge....
Old 11-02-2003, 02:07 AM

Very nice,the clear corners and lift makes your rig stand out!
Old 11-02-2003, 06:06 AM

Looking real good, how long did it take to install the body lift? You should paint your valence black, I just painted my valence that I had laying around a couple of days ago but I haven't installed it yet since I still have to apply a coat or two of black and then finish it off with 2-3 coats of clear coat. Here are a couple of pics, it only cost me about $15 to do everything.

Last edited by Vato Loco; 11-02-2003 at 06:08 AM.
Old 11-02-2003, 07:34 AM

Originally posted by Vato Loco
Looking real good, how long did it take to install the body lift? You should paint your valence black, I just painted my valence that I had laying around a couple of days ago but I haven't installed it yet since I still have to apply a coat or two of black and then finish it off with 2-3 coats of clear coat. Here are a couple of pics, it only cost me about $15 to do everything.
The body lift took me about 5 hours to do, but then again, I was doing it by myself, I couldn't find anyone to help me with it. It would probably take less time if you had someone with you. The instructions on Roger Brown's site (which he ships the parts with, BTW) are pretty detailed and easy to follow, just make sure you look at the original pictures on the internet as the printed copy is B&W, which makes the pics hard to see.

I never even thought to paint the valence black, that's a good idea! It's something subtle, but looks really clean.
Old 11-02-2003, 09:23 AM

It looks realy good. It actually looks like more than 1 inche, what did you use to jack the body off the frame. do you have any pics of you jacking the body up. I used to have a runner just like that, same color, I totaled it 3 months after i had it though.
Old 11-02-2003, 09:58 AM

Below is a pic of the 4runner jacked up. I actually just used the Toyota stock jack with some blocks of wood laying around.

I used to have a runner just like that, same color, I totaled it 3 months after i had it though.
Before the 4runner, I had an Acura Integra, and 2 days after I got it, someone rear-ended me in a F150 4x4, his tow hooks made dents on the top of my bumper. Needless to say, I got rid of the small car and got a 4runner. Best decision I ever made.

Old 11-02-2003, 10:39 AM
Banned

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts
Type of paint

[B]Looking real good, how long did it take to install the body lift? You should paint your valence black, I just painted my valence that I had laying around a couple of days ago but I haven't installed it yet since I still have to apply a coat or two of black and then finish it off with 2-3 coats of clear coat. Here are a couple of pics, it only cost me about $15 to do everything.
I bet that is aftermarket. What did you use for $15 that is going to stay on plastic? How about a bit more detail, so I can steal, uh borrow, your idea..

Old 11-02-2003, 05:10 PM

No its not aftermarket, thanks for the compliment. I used very fine sandpaper on the valence, it was so smooth when I was done sanding, make sure the surface is clear of any dust, grease etc. before you apply any paint. I applied 1 coat of primer, let that dry for 2 days, sanded it again but not too much, again make sure its cleaned. I sprayed 2 coats of black and let it dry for two days. I am going to put another coat or two of black on to the valence, but I am not sure if I should appy clear coat or not.

Paint I used:

Valence Primered:

Valence Waiting To Be Dry:

Valence Done:

Last edited by Vato Loco; 11-02-2003 at 05:33 PM.
Old 11-02-2003, 05:25 PM
Banned

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts
No its not aftermarket, thanks for the compliment. I used very fine sandpaper on the valence, it was so smooth when I was done sanding, make sure the surface is clear of any dust, grease etc. I applied 1 coat of primer, let that dry for 2 days, sanded it again but not too much. I sprayed 2 coats of black and let it dry for two days. I am going to put another coat or two of black on to the valence, but I am not sure if I should appy clear coat or not.
That looks really good dude and thanks for the info!

Old 11-02-2003, 06:16 PM

Yeah, I'm in agreement...the mods turned out really nice. Black always looks sick as hell. Nice work.

Billy
Old 11-02-2003, 06:29 PM

Originally posted by TheLaw
Below is a pic of the 4runner jacked up. I actually just used the Toyota stock jack with some blocks of wood laying around.

Before the 4runner, I had an Acura Integra, and 2 days after I got it, someone rear-ended me in a F150 4x4, his tow hooks made dents on the top of my bumper. Needless to say, I got rid of the small car and got a 4runner. Best decision I ever made.

that is pretty crazy, my 2 cars before I got my runner where acura integra's. I know got a white and silver runner but I realy like the black and charcole. mine had a ugle gold kit on it though. I guy that used to live near me painted his bumpers charcole and that realy looked good.
Old 11-02-2003, 07:05 PM
Contributing Member

Looks awesome man! I'm about to get a 1" Roger Brown BL myself...then I'll have to find some place to take it or find the time and knowledge needed to do it myself!

Rig is looking good, I have a black 2nd gen and I will NEVER get any other color than black, I LOVE black cars, especially the 4R's!!

Fink