Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

The 4runner rules

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2004, 06:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking The 4runner rules

Do you have rules for those that drive your Runner or simply ride in it? If someone does something stupid in your Runner do you act out on it or bite your tongue?

Blues Rules:
1) No smoking of any kind, not even if they hold it out the window.

2) Buckle up, not just cuz its the law but cuz im reckless.

3) Don't leave trash inside, find a trash can outside.

4) Don't adjust my stereo setting's. There mine that I personally have set where I want them.

I don't freak out on anyone when they are in my rig. Chicks have spilt soda's, with their fingers wrote on my windshield when it was fogged up and left trash in my Runner but Ive kept my anger to myself and taken care of cleanup later. What about you guys?
Old 01-15-2004, 06:10 PM
Banned

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts
Stupid

I don't have any stupid friends, not any more, as they are a waste of time and aren't really friends anyway, just trouble.

No smoking
No koolaid-candy (my kids)
No pens in your pants pockets
No parking in only ONE parking place
No parking closer than Clark W. Grizwold, if you don't want to walk that far, ride with someone else
No farting, crap I hate it when someone does that in the rig
No messing with my toonage
No, you can't drive it

Old 01-15-2004, 06:16 PM

I think my major gripe is when people wipe the windows with greasy fingers when they're fogged up. There is a reason why the engineers put a window defrost system in the truck.

Mike.
Old 01-15-2004, 06:21 PM

Here are my rules:

1. Don't touch the stereo at all!
2. Make sure you clean off your shoes before entering *this only applies in winter.
3. Don't touch the windows.
4. Buckle Up.
5. Don't play with auto door locks, power windows and power seats.
6. You can't drive.
7. No food.
8. No smoking cigarettes or weed.

Thats all.

Last edited by Vato Loco; 01-15-2004 at 06:27 PM.
Old 01-15-2004, 06:24 PM
Contributing Member

Everyone always wants to drive it until they realize it's a 5 speed and most of my friends can't drive one so it's an easy way to get out of that one. However here is my list:

No you can't drive it (good one Brian )
No smoking
No eating
No releasing of any bowel movements whatsoever(my roomates have the hardest time with that one )

When recovering a Heep or other miscellaneous vehicles that are nowhere near as worthy as my Runner; I hook up the recovery straps, not you. The last thing I want is a loose recovery strap flying through my window during a pull)

No touching of the stereo ( I payed a lot of money for that stereo so keep your hands off of it). Actually don't touch anything inside my truck unless I have given you prior notice to do so.

Don't leave your mess in there.

If you're a mechanic and you need to take my wheels off for any reason, take my centercaps off before you even think about sticking the socket in there. I've already had to make a dealership pay for new centercaps for this very reason.

That's about it for now. I don't ask much, just be considerate
Old 01-15-2004, 06:28 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
No leaning on the 4runner, find a tree

No spitting out the windows at high speed, it always runs down the side.

Keep your paws off the glass.

If you're in the front seat, buckle up.

That's about it.
Old 01-15-2004, 06:37 PM

1.Dont leave trash in my car. I have a friend who always does so what ive started doing is getting all his trash in a garbage bag and whenever i ride with him i leave all his trash that he left in my car and throw it all over his car when he isnt looking.
2.NO SMOKING but thats not much of a problem since none of my friends smoke.
3.NO singing to music, it gets old to everyone else pretty fast.
4.No fliping my window switches up and down as fast as you can.
Old 01-15-2004, 06:43 PM
Contributing Member

no smoking (unless i am ehich is very rare)
no trash (wil kill you)
dont leave your back pack in the front seat (lunch time) or i will throw it out the door
dont touch or complain about the stereo (unless it really is hurting you)
if you spill your steamvacking it out) dont touvh the windows (damn girl was all f'd up in my truck and was telling some over dramatci story and hit the window on accident with her hand and her ring put a small hole in the tint )
no yelling at me or anyone else
no sexual contact in the back (unless its me)
farting who cares
drinking no rule (limo tint)
and no bitching

and johnathan my friend was pulling out our other friends defender 90 and the strap came off and put a huge dent in his rear tailgate (had to repaint half the car so it looked good)
Old 01-15-2004, 06:47 PM
Banned for dupe accounts

I make my girlfriend stand outside to smoke no matter how cold it is. If she doesnt like it then quit smoking or wait. She always leaves trash in the door pocket and I can except that but all of my freinds are the same way with their cars so they know how to conduct them in the Runner.
Old 01-15-2004, 06:49 PM

My 1st recovery rule

Ive been burnt before when it comes to pulling someone out. The other night while helping recover an Isuzu Trooper and Toy Corolla from snowburms I made it very clear that if my brand new strap snaps or is damaged during recovery the owner of the recovered vehicle will owe me for a new strap. Both agreed and we got them out without damage to my strap. It just assured myself that if it breaks it breaks and it will be covered by one of the owners. Blue
Old 01-15-2004, 07:04 PM

no trash
no consistent farting
no eating (greasy fingers)
dont write things on body when truck is dirty
dont lean hands on car when truck is clean
dont play with anything thats powered(radio, windows, ect)
when you get out close the door without touching the outside
NO SLAMMING DOORS!!!!!!
no putting stickers on my 4runner
seatbelts on
no smoking anything
expect to like walks when i park far away
clean shoes before entering (shoes off if theyre muddy)
and thats about it

Old 01-15-2004, 07:05 PM

:fireman: No Smoking (usually pointing to the gas can in the back helps to disuade them)

:pat: obviously bulckle up

No open alchahol containers

If youre wasted, youre sitting in the back seat

Open the door/window before vomiting

Firearms must be locked in case, same with ammo(per Kali law)

Give at least a 9 second warning before flatulating to insure donning and fitting of protective gear.

and I can (and will) constitute new rules as needed
Old 01-15-2004, 07:10 PM
Contributing Member

mine are simple

your seatbelt will be worn at all times while truck is in any gear other than park

dont touch my stereo

feel free to adjust the Air conditioning/heater, but dont get mad when i change it back.

all beverages must have a lid

no smoking in or around my truck(ive never had a problem with this)

your window is all the way up or all the way down, nowhere in between (maybe a slight crack at the top), but no middle ghetto gangster

your seat will be in the upright position. no laying down
Old 01-15-2004, 07:32 PM

Originally posted by legend4ever

dont write things on body when truck is dirty

This happened to me a couple weeks ago when I took my limping 4Runner into the Les Schwab tire center to get a flat fixed. It took a while to get it done and for the following reasons.
1) After taking it into the shop, the tech came out to ask which wheel is flat. Told the front desk, and obviously the flat one on my roof rack.
2) After getting it back one of the techs that knows my name from High school said " hey Ben before you get in look at the side of your truck". Assuming the worst I went to leave and looked. Written by some frikkin techs finger was "Bens LiL Toy". That pissed me off but I went right up and washed my rig anyway.
3) When I got home I saw how they had so much time to write on my rig, they put my spare tires center cap on my regular wheel. Had to go back today to get that fixed and wheels rebalanced since they have been out of balance since my last brake job and to busy to fix it til now.

Blue
Old 01-15-2004, 07:48 PM
lee
Contributing Member

one thing i do is.. profile nearby cars. i always decide my actions based on what car is involved.

ie: if im in a hurry, and im coming up to a red light... do you pull up behind the minivan or the oldsmobile? youd normally think minivan because oldsmobile = old lady. WRONG. a minivan driver will be a distracted mom.. she also cares too much about her precious cargo to take off at a light.. so youre better off tailing the olds (most likely a dreadful inheretance by a young kid who has something to prove -- around here) then taking off in the other lane.

i do this with parking as well. i wont park next to someone who looks like they have nothing to lose. park near an audi tt, or a 1987 corolla with a rust-colored bottom 1/4?

the choice is clear.
Old 01-15-2004, 07:56 PM

Mine:

No smoking whatsoever
No food, only drinks WITH lids
No farting, etc...
Do buckle up
No touching the glass or any buttons (music, a/c); window controls ok
No leaning on the 4runner
No sticking your head out of the sunroof
No turning around in the 4runner and staring at the driver behind me until he gets pissed off...

...the last one actually happened and was not a great experience..

:pat:
Old 01-15-2004, 07:57 PM
Contributing Member

Damn!!!!!!!!

Let's see here to sum this all up....BWAHAHAHA!!!!

Buckle up. That's Cool it's the Law

No open Alcohol. It's the law and I won't get busted because of you

No smoking of any kind. Bummer!! I smoke and so can you if you use the ash tray. If you burn a hole in anything I will Kill you and make you pay for the repairs. Then I will kill you again.... If it's better than my cigarettes we'll smoke it outside the truck and you will share....LOL

No trash inside, find a trash can outside. That's cool...

Don't adjust my stereo setting's. Yup, my stereo is only stock but it only plays Rock - No Disco, Rap, HipHoppy Boom Boom ˟˟˟˟ will play on my stereo.

No pens in your pants pockets. Hmmmm... never had a problem with this and I ain't patting down everbodies butt to check. Let's not go there....LOL

No parking in only ONE parking place. I haven't had a door ding on this Runner yet. But I have been known to punch holes in the side of a guilty parties car.

No farting. you can Fart but they better not stink worse than mine

No, you can't drive it. I only trust my wife and one other friend to do this
Old 01-15-2004, 08:00 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by fooddude

3.NO singing to music, it gets old to everyone else pretty fast.
haha, that's usually true, but not always. on the way back from mammoth the 4 othe guys in the runner and i were all singing to new found glory through like the entire cd, getting all into it watching the reactions of cars passed, it was funny.

as for my rules, before anyone rides in my 4runner i give them a printed sheet of rules, then i have them sign and date it. i use a a 3 strikes system. 1st strike=verbal warning. 2nd strike=written warning and review of rules. 3rd strike, you're never riding wiht me again.

oh wait, i'm not a 4runner nazi. really, i'm pretty laid back. i just ask for
-no smoking
-food and drinks are fine, but be careful and clean up after yourself. if you're a proven pig, then you lose food rights.

i'm pretty open about music, but don't get mad if i change it back to something not sucky.
Old 01-15-2004, 08:23 PM
Contributing Member

Must wear seatbelt
No smoking
No slamming doors
No sitting on the hood
No playing with the power windows
No writing your name on foggy windows
No changing my tunes without permission
No eating
You better like to walk cause I usually park far away from everyone
Besides me, I've only trusted midiwall in the drivers seat
I'm sure there's lots more I'm forgetting......
Old 01-15-2004, 08:30 PM
Banned for dupe accounts

I got a nice dent and a white paint mark on my 4Runner from this ahole with a crappy ford with pushed out wheels blah blah blah but before I got a chance to get even his car and two others got smashed by some idiot in the parking lot at my appartments. The guy got out saw what he did and took off as fast as he could. Lets just say karma is a biatch and I hold no more grudge.

Quick Reply: The 4runner rules