86-95 Trucks & 4Runners (Build-Up Section) Post your build-ups here

thetourists 95 4Runner Build-Up Thread / 3.4 swap

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2009, 08:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thetourists 95 4Runner Build-Up Thread / 3.4 swap

It looks as if I am being forced into a build up. I have a '95 4Runner with 122k on it and the block just cracked. I will attach some pictures of the block because I am curious if anyone has seen this before. The block split directly below the crankshaft and the crankshaft has shifted forward about 3/4 of an inch and is at a strange angle giving the impression that the crankshaft broke as well. I bought this used a few months ago and have driven it about 4 thousand miles since then. Havent had any issues or noises until this, and I actually checked the oil about 10 min before leaving and it was full and looked good with no froth or anything indicating a head gasket leak.
Who has any idea what happened here?

Aside from that question, I am sure I will run across some more as I start this swap. Im looking for a donor vehicle with a 3.4 auto and not too high of mileage. I guess I can take a manual as well if it was a good price. I am located in St Louis but I have some contacts with trucking companies that would make it cheaper to ship to me if needed.

And my final question for this post, does anyone live near St Louis that might be able to help out with this swap. I dont really have the time to do it all myself so it would be great if somone who has experience with this lived near by.

OK so thanks in advance to the great people on this board, and keep an eye out for updates and photos when I get started.