86-95 Trucks & 4Runners (Build-Up Section) Post your build-ups here

Swimmerboy2112's 1986 4Runner Build-Up Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2010, 05:40 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
hey nervo19 ya i love that guys yota i drool over it all the time. lol but the junk yard is just before ivor. its about a mile before the stuckys if your coming from the windsor way. the guy that owns it name is red and you cant really miss the place because he has about 30 toyotas out front. but what do you drive maybe i have seen ya around here a time or 2?
Old 06-19-2010, 11:39 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by xxxtreme22r
if I knew I was gonna be able to be ready to leave early enough on friday for the park, I would swing by Harry's U-Pull in hazleton to see if they still have that 4runner or anything else there and pull one for you. You need both or just one?
I just need the passenger door. I don't need the window or anything else, just the door.

Originally Posted by Lumpy
Good luck on the JY finds!!! I gotta hit some up around here. Wanna do the SR5 gauge swap.

As for the helpers, I have mine on the back side of the springs...I have the hoop end by the axle and leading out the back. Now you got me thinking I have them not installed properly. Hmmmm but I'm pretty sure that's what the directions said. Really donno if it makes that much of a difference.
I'd also love to do the SR5 gauge swap.

Originally Posted by mfwimg82
hey there are plenty of ways to waste your money you just have to pick which way.
I have been kayaking down the river from easton keeping an eye out for your truck.
You will see it sometime lol I'm thinking the weekend after next would be good to paint the truck. Is that good for you?
Old 06-19-2010, 07:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BackGateYota92
hey nervo19 ya i love that guys yota i drool over it all the time. lol but the junk yard is just before ivor. its about a mile before the stuckys if your coming from the windsor way. the guy that owns it name is red and you cant really miss the place because he has about 30 toyotas out front. but what do you drive maybe i have seen ya around here a time or 2?
No Way!!! I go to that yard!! Yup, Ivor, Red or Rita!! LOL
I'm planning to there again sometime soon!! I need new bumper (crushed it!!).
Old 06-20-2010, 07:42 AM

ya man. its pretty cool have you walked the whole yard???
Old 06-20-2010, 12:42 PM

Lets try and keep the side convos out of this thread. Thanks guys.
Old 06-20-2010, 02:07 PM

ha my bad man but another question about the paint. did you just get the acrylic enamel paint kit? was there anything else you need? 71 bucks for the whole kit seems kinda low to me. lol
Old 06-20-2010, 02:10 PM

ha my bad man but another question about the paint. did you just get the acrylic enamel paint kit? was there anything else you need? 71 bucks for the whole kit seems kinda low to me. lol
I ordered a second thing of reducer as well but yeah its just the acrylic enamel paint. And yeah $71 is low but people on here paint their trucks for $50 lol. Not to mention I know my truck isn't a glam truck and I don't think yours is either. lol Just remember this, 95% of a good paint job is in the prep work.
Old 06-20-2010, 03:50 PM

ya man. well i use my truck for hunting alot so it sees alot of mud. lol i thught of buying a gallon of clear to go along with it also but a friend of mine is painting it and he does great work so pretty sure. how you think clear coat would work with this paint?
Old 06-20-2010, 03:52 PM

ya man. well i use my truck for hunting alot so it sees alot of mud. lol i thught of buying a gallon of clear to go along with it also but a friend of mine is painting it and he does great work so pretty sure. how you think clear coat would work with this paint?
I'd say the clear would work just fine, the paint doesnt need clear but it cant hurt.
Old 06-20-2010, 04:12 PM

ya my friend takes a auto body class and sprayed some of the same paint and he said it was pretty shinny with out the clear but who knows. lol when your getting the paint on?
Old 06-20-2010, 04:16 PM

ya my friend takes a auto body class and sprayed some of the same paint and he said it was pretty shinny with out the clear but who knows. lol when your getting the paint on?
Well this weekend coming a few of us on here are going off-roading, so the weekend after that looks prime assuming i found a door by then.
Old 06-20-2010, 08:35 PM

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
LOTS OF PICS, SWIMMER! LOL. .....i mean, pics of the trip and the painting!

Can't wait to see this...that other yellow one was REALLY nice, ....I bet it turns out great. Heck, at least the weather should be good for painting when you do it, right? DANG, 71$? That's a great deal....I was looking at Sunshine Yellow after you posted that....nice and bright! Where are you getting the plaid material from?
Old 06-21-2010, 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by ChefYota4x4
LOTS OF PICS, SWIMMER! LOL. .....i mean, pics of the trip and the painting!

Can't wait to see this...that other yellow one was REALLY nice, ....I bet it turns out great. Heck, at least the weather should be good for painting when you do it, right? DANG, 71$? That's a great deal....I was looking at Sunshine Yellow after you posted that....nice and bright! Where are you getting the plaid material from?
Haha ok i'll take TONS of pics!

Yeah i think the paint will come out good. At least I hope so lol. As for the plaid, i'm not sure yet. I'd like to get the seats re-stuffed as they are looking rather flat lol
Old 06-21-2010, 09:47 AM

Yeah, that happens, especially on the drivers seat. You can eventually get SR5 seats, too, ....ask Flecker if there's a difference! lol. But yeah, that's another project for another day, ...just a thought, since you're thinking of spending money on the stuffins.

Dang, right here in the Peoples Republic of Los Angeleeeeeez, fabric and upholstery guys are a dime a dozen...in fact, just down in Mexico, ...IT'S CHEAP for some good work. PA?....not so sure, but I'd BET there's lots of competition with the economy the way it is. Actually, there are some REALLY nice custom Covers, on line, ....maybe you could get a basic restuff and then get checkin for some Plaid Covers on line....that way you can wash em every 10,000 miles or so, eh? Heck, I get my covers at Big Lots, ...they get them from Target, and they ALWAYS have TONS of different patterns. Not sure about plaid, ...but who knows.

Good luck on that, happy surfing!

Mark
Old 06-21-2010, 09:50 AM

AND YES, TONS OF PICS.....hahaha. I'm sure 92 and xxxtreme will as well. it's just, ...the more you take, the more you leave room for "OH CRAP, ....I THOUGHT THIS CAME OUT"-mishaps, lol. Actually.....I admit it, I love photography and try my best to always capture wherever I go from many different perspectives(lots of random-candid shots, etc.).

Hope you have fun man, ....just a couple days, and WOW, already gonna have some good homies havin yer back when you need a PA-hand! lol.
Old 06-21-2010, 09:53 AM

Yeah, that happens, especially on the drivers seat. You can eventually get SR5 seats, too, ....ask Flecker if there's a difference! lol. But yeah, that's another project for another day, ...just a thought, since you're thinking of spending money on the stuffins.

Dang, right here in the Peoples Republic of Los Angeleeeeeez, fabric and upholstery guys are a dime a dozen...in fact, just down in Mexico, ...IT'S CHEAP for some good work. PA?....not so sure, but I'd BET there's lots of competition with the economy the way it is. Actually, there are some REALLY nice custom Covers, on line, ....maybe you could get a basic restuff and then get checkin for some Plaid Covers on line....that way you can wash em every 10,000 miles or so, eh? Heck, I get my covers at Big Lots, ...they get them from Target, and they ALWAYS have TONS of different patterns. Not sure about plaid, ...but who knows.

Good luck on that, happy surfing!

Mark
AND YES, TONS OF PICS.....hahaha. I'm sure 92 and xxxtreme will as well. it's just, ...the more you take, the more you leave room for "OH CRAP, ....I THOUGHT THIS CAME OUT"-mishaps, lol. Actually.....I admit it, I love photography and try my best to always capture wherever I go from many different perspectives(lots of random-candid shots, etc.).

Hope you have fun man, ....just a couple days, and WOW, already gonna have some good homies havin yer back when you need a PA-hand! lol.
I'll have to check about the SR5 seats and plaid seat covers lol. And yeah i'll take tons of pics! And yeah, i'm actually really excited to meet these guys.
Old 06-21-2010, 10:27 AM

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...d=280380803181 .....

As you can see, it can get pricey..... but I BET you could get close if you just kept your eyes open on line and at Pep Boys, Auto Zone, O'rielys, etc.
Old 06-21-2010, 10:31 AM

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...d=280380803181 .....

As you can see, it can get pricey..... but I BET you could get close if you just kept your eyes open on line and at Pep Boys, Auto Zone, O'rielys, etc.
Interesting, yeah i'll have to keep my eyes open.
Old 06-21-2010, 10:49 AM

http://www.amazon.com/Happy-Seat-Car...7146161&sr=1-3
Old 06-21-2010, 10:50 AM

HAHAHAHA, .....'HAPPY SEAT CO." hahahahaha....sorry, that just seemed funny to me.

Quick Reply: Swimmerboy2112's 1986 4Runner Build-Up Thread