86-95 Trucks & 4Runners (Build-Up Section) Post your build-ups here

RogueYota's 87 Budget Build Thread!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2011, 03:21 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by RogueYota
Well I got the pod in...looks good and fits nicely. I also got my up-sell money so after work I have to run around and do some things and I will stop by and get my gauges.
Need pics. I plan on adding a-pillar pods this winter, but I was thinking of going through this place:
http://www.truckpillars.com/page0/page0.html
If the Glowshift pods look decent, though, it would save me a lot of money. You got the universal 3-pod, correct?
Old 08-02-2011, 03:26 PM

Yes I did.....It fits snug. It came with 4 screws all with caps and I just used 3 on the back and screwed it to the factory pillar cover. The only thing I dont like is there is a gap at the top and bottom. Bottom is ok cause ill run the wires through it.

As for pictures idk when ill be able to get them up....I have some taken but my girl and I moved into our own place yesterday and we dont have internet yet and I cant upload them here at work.

But keep lookin on here cause im going to be posting them soon.
Old 08-02-2011, 03:46 PM

Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts
careful about the fuel gauge placement, make sure you can see it easily so you won't run out of fuel

other than that... sweet!

Last edited by irab88; 08-02-2011 at 03:48 PM.
Old 08-02-2011, 03:49 PM

Yeah I was wither thinking there or there is a little tray do-hickie on the left of the steering wheel I could put it. Or just put the fuel in the pod and volts on the dash.

Pics up soon I promise!! Trust me I wanna show off!! lol
Old 08-04-2011, 06:56 PM

Few pics :)

OK!! Here are the pics of the pod and a few random ones.

Got the pod in and all the gauges hooked up and goin. All work very good and pod fits nice and snug!

What it looks like from my angle. From top to bottom got volts, oil psi, and water temp. All mechanical. Gotta wait for my fuel gauge then the ones in the cluster come out.

Just 2 screws....holds great. Nice crack in the window huh?! lol

Thought I would take a pic of the interior while I was at it....pretty clean and I like it that way! I want the inside as nice as possible.

Pic of it out side my NEW APPARTMENT!!

Motor shot...I wanna paint the inside of the bay black....I will one of these weekends

My big azz PA speaker, new air compressor for the air horn and my custom Neon intake lol

My air horn...quite loud!!

And as she sits today...in her spot at the new house Cant wait for my lift!! C'mon HillBilly!! lol

Ill post pics of the gauges at night soon. Also gunna take pics or her flexed on this rock in the field by my apartment lol

Last edited by RogueYota; 08-04-2011 at 06:59 PM.
Old 08-04-2011, 07:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where did you get the ac compressor? And what kind / size is it? That's similar to what I want too. Nice pods!
Old 08-04-2011, 07:07 PM

Air compressor? idk how much it puts out...I got it from Schucks. Its loud as hell....Ill have to make a vid of it....cause I wanna make a vid of the exhaust too.

I think it was about 25$ for the compressor.
Old 08-05-2011, 07:21 AM

So I got a question....Im lifting my truck here pretty soon and am planning on using F150springs in the rear. What if I left my stockers in and added leafs from the other 2 packs I have that I was using for my SAS. Take out the over load and add leafs? Im thinkin it would be too stiff and I would lose flex. Im sure ill stick to F150s but just thought I would ask. Plus I dont think I could get 4"+ of lift out of added stockers.
Old 08-08-2011, 06:27 PM

Ok.....Well I got a few pics and a vid here for ya. I know I have thrown around ALOT of ideas but im sticking with the IFS lift and F150s. Just so we are clear! lol
Washed her after work one day before I left.

Shes purty God im sick of poser shots! I wanna go wheelin!! lol

Followed this on the way to work. We got the same tires!

And heres a vid....just a walk around. But it gives you an idea on what she sounds like and whatnot.
http://youtu.be/AUFLwnXyybo
Old 08-09-2011, 07:07 AM

You should do it right and get a blazeland kit. Just my .02
Old 08-09-2011, 08:05 AM

I would if I could afford it...but im living up to the "budget" part of my thread lol

For what I do and it being a DD the setup I am going to run will do fine for now. Plus its my only rig and I cant have it down for long periods....so I gotta stay with easy weekend stuff.

Would LOOOOVVVEE to SAS it. Someday....just not now :/
Old 08-09-2011, 08:27 AM

Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts
shoot, give it to h.b.yoter, he'll have it sas'd in no time!

haha, great work, though
Old 08-09-2011, 08:38 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
looks really good man, cant wait to redo my inside to make it all clean like urs lol
Old 08-09-2011, 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by irab88
shoot, give it to h.b.yoter, he'll have it sas'd in no time!

haha, great work, though
I know right?! He did that swap witha quickness!! But thanks man....I cant wait to do my suspension.

Originally Posted by yoterr
looks really good man, cant wait to redo my inside to make it all clean like urs lol
Thank you! Yeah I love keeping my inside nice. I want to get my seats re done and get a new dash pad. It has one crack and it bugs me. I plan to have the inside back to showroom new with a few tasteful changes.
Old 08-09-2011, 10:48 AM

<----- True Story.

Last edited by RogueYota; 08-09-2011 at 10:58 AM.
Old 08-09-2011, 11:33 AM

Man I really dig the two tone. I have a full OD runner and was just thinkin that it was too much. I might debo the satin black two tone but flip it and do the bottom. I just hate jockin someone elses idea.
But anyhow great build, way to think outside the box on those flares and can't wait to see the right up on the ford springs. I was thinking of those for my budget build because the asymetricalness of them.
I feel you on being a broke 20 y/o moving in with his girlfriend. I was a broke 20 y/o getting married to my girlfriend and this year I had my 30th bday and 10 yr aniversary and the wife and 3 kids keep me broke. So you have that to look forward to. Just kidding man keep on keeping on man, I'm loving your ideas.
Old 08-09-2011, 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by Fireball81
Man I really dig the two tone. I have a full OD runner and was just thinkin that it was too much. I might debo the satin black two tone but flip it and do the bottom. I just hate jockin someone elses idea.
But anyhow great build, way to think outside the box on those flares and can't wait to see the right up on the ford springs. I was thinking of those for my budget build because the asymetricalness of them.
I feel you on being a broke 20 y/o moving in with his girlfriend. I was a broke 20 y/o getting married to my girlfriend and this year I had my 30th bday and 10 yr aniversary and the wife and 3 kids keep me broke. So you have that to look forward to. Just kidding man keep on keeping on man, I'm loving your ideas.
Thank you man!! Means a lot to me that people like my truck. Means im doing something right. I love my paint job....gunna add a little to it but not anything huge....so keep on lookin.

AS for my spring swap I will do a write up because no one has yet and I hear people want to do fords over chevys now...thats the way it should be! lol

Well now im a broke 21 y/o living with his girl. But its all good....we are very happy and everything is workin out good. I still get a little bit of money for my toys We are trying to keep the kids out of the picture for a few more years.

But any ideas you like feel free to use them.
Old 08-09-2011, 05:51 PM

Sweet man. Thanks. I only found you because you responded to ryantowerys build. Thats another craftsman right there. I am a kid in a world of giants in here.
Old 08-10-2011, 08:50 AM

Everyone is a kid on here. I get ideas from other builds and then my mind goes nuts! lol
Old 08-13-2011, 08:11 PM

Ok got some work done this weekend!!!

I made my spare tire carrier and got it mounted....just need to mount the tire tomorrow. Also got a stock bumper....was getting tired of that biga$$ one I had...gunna make another one soon.

So here we go....

I got a 10' stick of 1.75" square tube.

Then I cut it into two 3' pieces and one 4' piece.

Little mock up

I welded the 4' piece over the 3' pieces

Tire mock up. Gunna use the stock 31" spare for now.

I used some old door hinges I found and welded them on.

Im not the best welder.

How it looks in there

Yeah its not comin off!

With it flipped up. Wont go that high with the tire on. I chose to have it on hinges so I could still have my bed space.

Welded up

With the tire on....it will sit a little bit lower when its done.

Side shot

From inside

Tomorrow I will finish it all up and have the tire mounted. Still have to think of a way to keep the carrier mounted down.

Also got a stock bumper

It came with a crazy brush guard...I didnt like it. Those are the same lights I had.

Also have a project that my mom and dad and I are workin on. Its a 1977 Bronco....gunna be a crazy crawler

Also here is a buddy of mines project. Samurai Turbo with yota axles.

All in all a good weekend.

Quick Reply: RogueYota's 87 Budget Build Thread!!