86-95 Trucks & 4Runners (Build-Up Section) Post your build-ups here

RARE 1990 2dr 2nd Gen 4runner build (Prerunner?). My first ever.

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2017, 05:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RARE 1990 2dr 2nd Gen 4runner build (Prerunner?). My first ever.

Well i've been snooping and reading the forums for a long time but Ive never posted on here. I have finally acquired the truck ive always wanted to rebuild and thought I'd post pics and and steps along the way, possibly ask the community for some tips and suggestions along the way. I plan for this build to take about 6 to 8 months due to $$$ restraints and time. As I plan to do as much as I can myself. I'll probably piss a couple guys off, cause Im gonna be cutting into this truck and I know as its pretty rare so some think its sacrilege. But its my truck and I get to do what I want. My eventual plan is to probably prerunner it out with a mid to long travel, T100 front and rear axels, 3.4 swap, rear locking, chop top, roll bar, custom bumpers, roof rack, lights, RTT, etc. I spend a lot of time on looooooonnng 4wd roads out here and want to be able to get over terrain a bit faster while maintaining a smoother ride. Well here are the two trucks. The blue one is my baby ive had for about 4 years and I finally found a parts truck with a blown engine to marry them together. Ill add more pics and details this weekend after the boys come over and help me rip them apart. Id appreciate any insight and suggestions from anyone even though im pretty stubborn and a bit of a newb. Im looking for experience. Thanks Two trucks, one dream.
Old 10-19-2017, 02:05 AM

UPDATE: Put the two trucks together and painted.

Took more man power than we expected to hold the door in place
before the swap
during the swap
still cant belive i found two of these trucks
having friends with the right tools. Had to make a hole because the white tuck had power doors and wanted to run the wires. Kinda cool to upgrade my truck but was a bit daunting to run wires. Wasnt as hard as I thought, if anyone is interested i'll post how I did it.
After the swap. Stoked to lose the rust and gain the power windows.
Sayin good bye to the "other truck. blown motor, better frame but what ever. Woulda kept it but the landlord was over it. Bye Felicia.
Old 10-19-2017, 02:16 AM

Threw down some rattle can paint and the continuity is looking good. After a little bondo, and paint i dont hate it.left the fenders cause plan to go big with long rtavel. Next step is mechanics engine? roof rack? rear suspension?